SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Feb 5, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #7,366 of 7,541
Thank you for you quick reply.

By the way, does NWZ-A15 support more than 128 GB µSD card ? Does it unofficionaly support 200 GB or 256 GB ?

Thank you.

I use a 200gb sandisk. No problems at all. Don't know about the 256. They're still a bit pricey.

Feb 12, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #7,367 of 7,541
Hello,

I bought a NW-A15 (new condition) 10 days ago. I have just returned it to the dealer due to battery drain issue.

According to Sony, NW-A15 should play MP3 files for 30-hours with 1 battery charge.

Unfortunately, my played displayed Low Battery after 3 hours !
confused_face_2.gif
I played MP3 files only (320 kbit/s CBR) stored on a 128 GB µSD card. I used Sennhiser IEM No Bluetooth (I just tried few minutes to connect to a car). No video, No photo.

But I suspect an anomaly with the Power Off function because I found the player with the screen displaying messages while the player was powered off and lock enabled.

Do you now how to set up the NW-A15 to never switch on its screen when the powerd off and lock enabled ?

Thank you,

Feb 12, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #7,368 of 7,541
3 hours is clearly a defect. some DSPs do cut the battery life in half,so when used together, or if you use the A15 as a transport(external DAC with the special sony cable), you won't get anywhere close to 30h. but also nowhere close to 3.

the A15 and several other sony DAPs don't have have an actual power off button. the power off is in fact a sort of sleep mode and the DAP will really turn off after not being used for a day(when you turn it ON and it's taking a few secs on a booting screen, that's when you know it was really OFF).
so under those conditions, when it's locked and you press a key, it writes that the DAP is locked and is ready to work, but if you do nothing, it just immediately goes back to sleep. you don't have to do anything.

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #7,369 of 7,541
Hello castleofargh

Thank you for your reply.

On a well known online store, I have just red a comment from another NWZ-A15 user who have the exact same issue with the battery (with power off + lock enabled).
He said that when the NWZ-A15 is in a backpack and he is walking, the NWZ-A15 battery drains because while moving the keys are accidentally pressed and screen tunned on.

But perhaps this theory is false, and our batteries were definitively dead on arrival. I don't know how long is the lifetime of a battery, never charged,  when the product is stored in a warehouse for 1, 2 or 3 years, waiting for a owner.

If I buy another NWZ-A15/A25, I may have the same issue. It is a pity because this player was perfect for me.
blink.gif

Regards

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #7,372 of 7,541
Can anybody offer any advice on playlist order?  I use Media Go, which imports from iTunes.  All the playlist are set up in Media Go and I can manipulate the info as I like.  I usually go with date added and put the most recent first.  Looks good and works good in Media Go.  However when I update my DAP (NWZ-A17), it ALWAYS sorts the songs in the playlists alphabetically.  Can anybody offer advice on how to change the play order?  I repeat Media Go takes and keeps the settings, but the player refuses to copy or use them.

Thank you!

Shane Delaney

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #7,373 of 7,541
  Can anybody offer any advice on playlist order?  I use Media Go, which imports from iTunes.  All the playlist are set up in Media Go and I can manipulate the info as I like.  I usually go with date added and put the most recent first.  Looks good and works good in Media Go.  However when I update my DAP (NWZ-A17), it ALWAYS sorts the songs in the playlists alphabetically.  Can anybody offer advice on how to change the play order?  I repeat Media Go takes and keeps the settings, but the player refuses to copy or use them.

Thank you!

Shane Delaney

​in mediaGo in the playlist pane you can sort the song order, I used to do this but got too cumbersome, and as i have a WM1A with composer listing, I decided to throwaway my playlists

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #7,374 of 7,541
​in mediaGo in the playlist pane you can sort the song order, I used to do this but got too cumbersome, and as i have a WM1A with composer listing, I decided to throwaway my playlists

Yes Media Go works fine, but the setting is not transferred to the DAP. The songs transfer fine, but they all change to alphabetical order.

Shane D

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #7,375 of 7,541

Yes Media Go works fine, but the setting is not transferred to the DAP. The songs transfer fine, but they all change to alphabetical order.

Shane D

That's odd as i had a zx100 and i used playlists with it (same os As A10) and it played in the order i specified on the mediaGo playlist, did you transfer the playlist with mediaGo or by drag and drop?

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #7,376 of 7,541
That's odd as i had a zx100 and i used playlists with it (same os As A10) and it played in the order i specified on the mediaGo playlist, did you transfer the playlist with mediaGo or by drag and drop?

I used Medio Go. I tried to delete a playlist and then reinstall. It all went horribly wrong. I reformatted my SD and am currently reloading all five and a half thousand songs. Pain in the ass, but I am curious about they will load this time (besides very slowly).

Shane D

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #7,380 of 7,541
I used Medio Go. I tried to delete a playlist and then reinstall. It all went horribly wrong. I reformatted my SD and am currently reloading all five and a half thousand songs. Pain in the ass, but I am curious about they will load this time (besides very slowly).

Shane D

It took hours and the playlists are in several orders but none seem to be by Last Added. Especially the recent list which is where I really want the newest stuff to show up first.

I really like this DAP, but I am spoiled by the iTunes/iPod combo.

Shane D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back