SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Oct 31, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #7,261 of 7,541

Hi,

Appreciate the reply, I must be doing something wrong. I'm using media player on windows 10, I create and save a playlist. I then drag the playlist into the sync bar on the right and sync. The music comes across, but not the actual playlist. I would have thought it would have. Maybe I need to use Sonys software??

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #7,262 of 7,541
Hi,

Appreciate the reply, I must be doing something wrong. I'm using media player on windows 10, I create and save a playlist. I then drag the playlist into the sync bar on the right and sync. The music comes across, but not the actual playlist. I would have thought it would have. Maybe I need to use Sonys software??

Yes I use sony's software for this or do manual (i have saved my playlists) i copy my playlist to the MUSIC folder and do a find and replace on note pad to replace E:\music\Antonio Vivaldi\...  to ..\MUSIC\Antonio Vivaldi\..... note that the first two periods in  ..\MUSIC\Antonio Vivaldi\ are important as it ignores the drive letter

Oct 31, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #7,263 of 7,541
Hi,

I created one for the first time recently using Foobar - are you sure you are selecting the correct format when saving? .m3u is the format, sometimes it'll default save as another format.

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #7,264 of 7,541
Thanks guys, I'll have a play, just waiting for my new SD card. I know on my old 1060 I could do it the way I have been trying with the a25, but that would have been like windows xp!!

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #7,265 of 7,541
  Yes I use sony's software for this or do manual (i have saved my playlists) i copy my playlist to the MUSIC folder and do a find and replace on note pad to replace E:\music\Antonio Vivaldi\...  to ..\MUSIC\Antonio Vivaldi\..... note that the first two periods in  ..\MUSIC\Antonio Vivaldi\ are important as it ignores the drive letter

you no longer have your player!
you killed him.
already thrown?

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #7,266 of 7,541

Glad you pointed out changing the path, the two dots take you to the root of the path which is necessary as the DAP itself will not use drive letters. 

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #7,268 of 7,541

Glad you pointed out changing the path, the two dots take you to the root of the path which is necessary as the DAP itself will not use drive letters. 

The same method of the two dots worked in my Fiio x3 first gen, i think this is general for every dap and shall include it on my walkman tips and trics

Nov 16, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #7,270 of 7,541
it's mainly what's known as a crossfeed. some of the sound on the left is sent to the right attenuated with a delay. and vice versa. it's supposed to help give a more speaker like panning for the instruments(more in front of you). the effectiveness of such effect depends a lot on your own body(head's size and shape), but it's usually less fatiguing than basic non binaural albums played on headphones/IEMs(so almost everything we use everyday).
there is also a tiny bit of reverb(that gets out of hand real fast when you go to the other settings).
it feels like that's all there is to it but I could be wrong.

Nov 16, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #7,271 of 7,541
Thanks,

I've noticed that I like this setting a lot and I keep it activated almost all the time.

I feel the instruments and vocals more up-front and I was thinking that maybe I should look for a mid-centric IEM, or could be just because I'm using IEMs with recessed midrange?‎

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #7,272 of 7,541
Thanks,

I've noticed that I like this setting a lot and I keep it activated almost all the time.

I feel the instruments and vocals more up-front and I was thinking that maybe I should look for a mid-centric IEM, or could be just because I'm using IEMs with recessed midrange?‎

i like VPT studio setting too and use it from time to time

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #7,274 of 7,541
Thanks,

I don't really get where you're going.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #7,275 of 7,541
I don't really get where you're going.

I'm using dark and laid-back earphones/headphones and I was thinking that maybe their recessed midrange made me keep that setting activated and liking so much.
And by getting more upfront vocals and instruments - if I'm not using the wrong terms - I thought that this relates to a more mid-centric signature.‎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back