SONY NWZ-A10 Series
May 2, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #4,472 of 7,541
  Yes, the volume is raised but wait till there's a soft passage followed by let's say some timpani than you will hear it works like a limiter (not like a compressor)

Yes i heard it didn0t like it seems it removes some nuances like the soundtsgae gets reduced a bit and yes the music seems to have the same volume not nice, yes was listening to Dvorak string sereande and slavonic dances yes works like a limiter

May 2, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #4,473 of 7,541
now curiosity is taking over. I feel too lazy to do that right now(also I'm hungry). but I might just try to record a few stuff with and without the dynamic normalizer to look at what it does. TBH I mainly stopped using it because my IEM are too sensitive and having the sound louder sometimes made it too loud at level 1...

May 2, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #4,474 of 7,541
With Harpsichord music, be it french Harpsichord school, be it italin, be it some german with Cpe bach... Din Normalizer  is a disaster, better have my thumb on the volume rocker
biggrin.gif
  I was playing a nice recording by german label CPO Für Kenner und liebhaber sonatas by cpe Bach.. seriously the DN made the cemablo sound like a digital CASIO keyboard

May 2, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #4,476 of 7,541
   seriously the DN made the cemablo sound like a digital CASIO keyboard

lol, that's pretty bad... though I'm kind of partial to those synthesizer/chiptune versions of baroque, or Wendy Carlos's Bach, so maybe I should try it... have Rameau 'les cyclopes' on the SD card already
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #4,477 of 7,541
lol, that's pretty bad... though I'm kind of partial to those synthesizer/chiptune versions of baroque, or Wendy Carlos's Bach, so maybe I should try it... have Rameau 'les cyclopes' on the SD card already
biggrin.gif

Waiting for your impressions
evil_smiley.gif
, I remmeber i played a digital organ in a church, not knowing it was ON and connected to the speakers
biggrin.gif
 decided to play the  so-english "shave and haircut two bits" which in mexico is an insult
gs1000.gif

May 3, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #4,482 of 7,541

biggrin.gif

I've got Les Fetes de L'Hebe. A fellow Rameauist!

That is what i have from Rameau

Tinnitus Gone, turns out i had one-day "flu" and to make matters worse stomach bug

May 3, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #4,483 of 7,541
Volume notch 7? lol, straight out of the headphone jack I use 20 with my V6 headphones.

You need an amp
biggrin.gif
 , i had some heaphones just like that required almost maxumum volume to sound properly, when i had my A818 and X1060, those phones where a pair of sonys MDR-NC-50 with "dual" impedance, NC off 100 Ohm, NC ON, i think 24 ohm or so, i no longer have them so i can't say exactly

May 3, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #4,484 of 7,541
So, any updates on the cover art issue? 
I cannot use Media Go since I am using linux and everything works on drag+drop style...
I am tagging the music with the proper artwork but nothing happens within the player... 
any suggestions?

May 3, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #4,485 of 7,541
  So, any updates on the cover art issue? 
I cannot use Media Go since I am using linux and everything works on drag+drop style...
I am tagging the music with the proper artwork but nothing happens within the player... 
any suggestions?

check the thread called walkman tips & tricks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back