SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Apr 12, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #4,141 of 7,541
  i left the player off for about a day .... then turned it on now ... i got the first welcome screen .. then creating the library ... then the main menu ... may be the last time i left it was on the main menu ... may be not 

It turns off after 24h

Apr 13, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #4,142 of 7,541
anyone experiencing freezing with the player, sometimes as I'm browsing artists, it suddenly freezes and restarts the device all over again and re-building the library, does the new firmware fix this problem?

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #4,143 of 7,541
  so , from what i red before the only downside of this player's line out is the lower voltage line out ( quite )  so the solution is getting a powerful amp to overcome that issue with .. say .. Audeze headphones ?

for the voltage alone, on many amps, the gain options are there for that very reason, and not to set it high for more demanding headphones like most people imagine. like if your dac gives around 2V and your amp is set to unity gain(X1) and works well with your headphone(the volume knob is easy to set and all is well). then with the sony LO at...was it 0.25v? you would set your gain to 8X (or +18db if the gain is in db) to get the exact same loudness and overall behavior.

now having a weak LO might also mean more noise, if we suppose that the component noises from the devices are at a fixed value. the A10 isn't really the cleanest thing there is, objectively many cheap desktop DACs can do better. again it's a great walkman because of how cool it is to use, the audio specs aren't stellar.

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #4,144 of 7,541
  anyone experiencing freezing with the player, sometimes as I'm browsing artists, it suddenly freezes and restarts the device all over again and re-building the library, does the new firmware fix this problem?

how about being up to date, and then wonder if you have a problem? ^_^

unless you got a lemon, if you still have a problem after, it will most likely end up being from your files. (several pictures, huge pictures, corrupted file during transfer, ID3 tag not in v2.3 ...).

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #4,146 of 7,541
  i left the player off for about a day .... then turned it on now ... i got the first welcome screen .. then creating the library ... then the main menu ... may be the last time i left it was on the main menu ... may be not 

The same thing has happened to me a few times now, I thought I was the only one as everyone else doesn't seem to be having any problems.

I have left it paused a couple of days when resuming it goes to the welcome screen and recreates the library.

I seehat [u][color=rgb(0, 102, 204)]gerelmx1986[/color][/u] had replied and said that it turns off after 24 hours, which explains it turning off. But what about recreating the library? It shouldn't be doing that!

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #4,147 of 7,541
Though a full 128 SD card takes less than a minute to rebuild.

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #4,148 of 7,541

The same thing has happened to me a few times now, I thought I was the only one as everyone else doesn't seem to be having any problems.

I have left it paused a couple of days when resuming it goes to the welcome screen and recreates the library.

I seehat [u][color=rgb(0, 102, 204)]gerelmx1986[/color][/u] had replied and said that it turns off after 24 hours, which explains it turning off. But what about recreating the library? It shouldn't be doing that!

it's been like that on all non android walkmans, the default power off is a sleep mode, giving one of the fastest wake up you can find so that you don't have to wait if you have to put it aside several times a day. but that's at the cost of battery going down all that time it's off.
so sony set it to really turn off after ... 24h might be right, I never actually timed it. that saves us from coming back to a dead DAP after some days in a drawer. so it's very much not a problem nor a bug.

about the library update, the message is only telling that the DAP is kind of loading the library list so that browsing is fast. if you look at how long it takes for the supposed scan, you realize that it has nothing to do with the actual library update done with a new SD card(that can take several minutes depending on the files and the card).

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #4,149 of 7,541

It takes at least a couple of minutes on my player. I know it isn't a long time to wait, but it is a bit aggravating, especially if you are on your way out and want to pick up the player and use it.

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #4,150 of 7,541

It takes at least a couple of minutes on my player. I know it isn't a long time to wait, but it is a bit aggravating, especially if you are on your way out and want to pick up the player and use it.

get a better card ^_^.

Apr 13, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #4,152 of 7,541

it's been like that on all non android walkmans, the default power off is a sleep mode, giving one of the fastest wake up you can find so that you don't have to wait if you have to put it aside several times a day. but that's at the cost of battery going down all that time it's off.
so sony set it to really turn off after ... 24h might be right, I never actually timed it. that saves us from coming back to a dead DAP after some days in a drawer. so it's very much not a problem nor a bug.

about the library update, the message is only telling that the DAP is kind of loading the library list so that browsing is fast. if you look at how long it takes for the supposed scan, you realize that it has nothing to do with the actual library update done with a new SD card(that can take several minutes depending on the files and the card).

Okay you have convinced me. I did forget how long it took for initial library update when I first used the card.

Apr 13, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #4,153 of 7,541

i don't think it is a problem ... i am just saying what i noticed ... it takes for me to boot up in about 30 seconds  

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #4,155 of 7,541

For me too but only once during frist creation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back