SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Sep 27, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #196 of 7,541

Here is the info I found on the walkman blog - http://thewalkmanblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/sony-japan-introduces-new-a-series.html

Thanks!

was wondering where pinkbecca saw the noise cancelling mentioned. seems it is a Japan only feature. i think initially i'll just grab the 64gb silver version here stateside then possibly a teal colored player from Japan later on as I don't really use noise cancelling since I prefer on ear headphones to iem's.

Sep 28, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #200 of 7,541
I have high hopes for this walkman, i am excited to see reviews of it's SQ mainly, the other features i could care less (except the fact it has 64GB and microSD slot).

I am looking to replace my currently beloved FiiO X3 with this walkman, but well there are no reviews so no comparisons against fiio X3

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #202 of 7,541
  On normal 128/192 kbps tracks, my lesser walkman is better than the X3, and 24/192 on the X3 is better, but not vastly. The A10 should beat it I feel.

Thats what Im worried about with these high res DAPS. Most of my music is 320 mp3 but slowly transferring to FLAC. If my J3 can do MP3s better then the A series then I wont switch until I got big enough FLAC collection.

Sep 29, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #203 of 7,541
I meant my lesser Walkman has inferior DSEE and X Master sound enhancements to the A10-or F886- and still sounds great with standard downloads, so 192 or 320 should be brilliant with the A10. I'd feel confident in just using it with standard Mp3 downloads alone.

Sep 29, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #204 of 7,541
  I have high hopes for this walkman, i am excited to see reviews of it's SQ mainly, the other features i could care less (except the fact it has 64GB and microSD slot).

I am looking to replace my currently beloved FiiO X3 with this walkman, but well there are no reviews so no comparisons against fiio X3

I guess this is better than X3 in every aspect :)

Sep 29, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #205 of 7,541

I guess this is better than X3 in every aspect :)

as long as every aspect doesn't include impedance output, power, the balance settings, the ability to be used as a USB DAC, and probably noise level. then yes you probably guessed right. :wink:

it's a very risky business to write something like X is better than Y without any specifics. and whatever the opinion, people are usually half wrong ^_^.  even a sansa clip can outperform several great DAPs depending what you're looking for(like EQ, gapless, price, brick carrying factor...). 
and then you have to at least specify the kind of headphone you're planning to use.
it's all a matter of perspective and personal needs.

Sep 29, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #206 of 7,541
im hanging around this thread to see how good this walkman is, but i have been eyeing the MDR-1A which uses balances connections and i dont think this walkman supports it. I need one of Sony's DACs and amps.

Sep 29, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #207 of 7,541
im hanging around this thread to see how good this walkman is, but i have been eyeing the MDR-1A which uses balances connections and i dont think this walkman supports it. I need one of Sony's DACs and amps.

MDR-1ADAC maybe?

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #208 of 7,541

According to the Sony rep on youtube, they are tailor made for each other. Still no reviews on the MDR-A, but only if it outperforms the R will I consider it. Or I'll stay with my H3's

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #209 of 7,541
@ButtUglyJeff not interested in MDR-1ADAC. The 1ADAC has a very small price difference from the 1A, indicating a sub par DAC. I already have my FiiO E18

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #210 of 7,541
I have always used Walkman's, as they have trounced their competitors on Mp3,and before that with cassettes, and on my basic e 474, give a very very close SQ to 24/192, The A10 is the top version of DSEE and Xmaster, far better than my e 474, so if it's got the same or better volume, it's a no brainer. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back