SONY NW-ZX700
Jan 13, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #61 of 2,718
I've seen release dates in both late January and February and I'm not sure which one is true. However some retailers in Mainland China seem to already have them in stock.
Apparently there is also a ZX706 with 32GB of storage, though I am not sure if this model is exclusive to China. For reference the price I've seen is CNY5999 for the ZX707 and 5499 for the ZX706, which approximates to USD 893 and 819 respectively.

Very interesting indeed.

Attached is the picture the seller sent me as proof.
94d7e7a47251a98033a5ca8279e72ff0.jpg

Jan 13, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #67 of 2,718
The moment you turn on high-res streaming mode, there’s already additional spatial sound processing(virtual multi-channel surround).
You have any proof for this or is this just made up like a lot of other things you have been commenting recently?

Jan 13, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #68 of 2,718
Hmm.... I was looking at the new NW-A300 head-fi thread and saw this:

36 hours of 44.1KHz FLAC, 32 hours 96 Kz FLAC for new NW-A300.
11956800.png

This makes me think Sony gave wrong battery spec for the ZX707 of 25 hours for MP3 128kbps? This is crap compared to new A300... I really hope they gave wrong info for ZX707.
The ZX700 Series has more and bigger capacitors, larger LCs and also much more power.

The A300 has 35mW on SE
The ZX700 has 230mW on balanced and 50mW on SE

A Porsche consumes more fuel than an Volkswagen Polo

Jan 14, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #69 of 2,718
The ZX700 Series has more and bigger capacitors, larger LCs and also much more power.

The A300 has 35mW on SE
The ZX700 has 230mW on balanced and 50mW on SE

A Porsche consumes more fuel than an Volkswagen Polo
That is not my concern. I know the ZX707 consumes more power. What you missed in my post is that Sony put the spec for ZX707 as 25 hours for playing 128kbps MP3 files on their Japanese website. I think you would be concerned if you bought a modern Sony DAP and the spec was for playing MP3 files and not FLAC. Of course I know that it is 25 hours for 44.1KHz FLAC files, not MP3. I guess you didn't read my post very carefully.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #72 of 2,718
this might be my first DAP.

i'm not sure how to handle selecting IEMs with 4.4mm connector for the balanced output. in fact, i'm just piecing that as the better end of what it can do and seeing what it might cost me.

am i right to think that if i look at the more popular budget balanced IEMs - moondrop aria, tin hifi T2 DLC ? - i would need a replacement cable that's balanced and has a 4.4mm end to it? options?

i'd appreciate any help.

Jan 14, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #73 of 2,718

i'm not sure how to handle selecting IEMs with 4.4mm connector for the balanced output. in fact, i'm just piecing that as the better end of what it can do and seeing what it might cost me.

am i right to think that if i look at the more popular budget balanced IEMs - moondrop aria, tin hifi T2 DLC ? - i would need a replacement cable that's balanced and has a 4.4mm end to it? options?

i'd appreciate any help.
What’s the point of having a $1000 DAP and a sub $100 IEM and then a $200 balanced cable ?

Jan 14, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #74 of 2,718

i'd appreciate any help.

i don't know the price yet. i think i've seen mentions of it being at far below $1K. i'm in england, expecting about £650 - £700. it's not about cheaping out, it's about where the balance between quality and price lies. afaik, drivers being fairly standard - not necessarily proprietary - those made outside the west may well be decent without being hugely expensive.

the two i've pointed to are very popular, and i've not seen that many DAP's at a price that i'd say balances out with what some might perceive them to only be deserving of. not trying to buy my way out of the problem either - just assistance with knowing the spec of IEMs i can look at without something chiming in with headphones that are just OTT in price because they think that works for them and their imagined social peers.

Jan 14, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #75 of 2,718
i don't know the price yet. i think i've seen mentions of it being at far below $1K. i'm in england, expecting about £650 - £700. it's not about cheaping out, it's about where the balance between quality and price lies. afaik, drivers being fairly standard - not necessarily proprietary - those made outside the west may well be decent without being hugely expensive.

the two i've pointed to are very popular, and i've not seen that many DAP's at a price that i'd say balances out with what some might perceive them to only be deserving of. not trying to buy my way out of the problem either - just assistance with knowing the spec of IEMs i can look at without something chiming in with headphones that are just OTT in price because they think that works for them and their imagined social peers.
All I’m saying is it’s not worth buying an extra balanced cable for a sub $100 IEM no matter which country or brand made it.

If you could push the budget a bit higher there are IEMs that come with a balanced cable, like the iBasso IT05 (299, bought it last week).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back