SONY NW-ZX700
Feb 3, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #466 of 2,676
He wasn’t talking about Zx707. He already has the 1AM2.
None of these DAPs are as portable as the A306, A105 or the Zx507. These are for me real portable DAPs.
That doesn’t make these DAPs “Transportable”. Nor does that make “Sony only one who make portable DAPs with streaming” as you were saying before. My message is just a counter to these claims.

Probably Sony A105/306/ZX507 were smaller than competitors just because they skimped on the amp part. Way less powerful and can’t even drive their own IEMs. And 707 bigger than my M6 Ultra, while having just 1/3rd of M6U’s power output.

Feb 4, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #469 of 2,676
That doesn’t make these DAPs “Transportable”. Nor does that make “Sony only one who make portable DAPs with streaming” as you were saying before. My message is just a counter to these claims.

Probably Sony A105/306/ZX507 were smaller than competitors just because they skimped on the amp part. Way less powerful and can’t even drive their own IEMs. And 707 bigger than my M6 Ultra, while having just 1/3rd of M6U’s power output.
Think its the smallest Android DAP thats any good, and use of streaming services essential for me plus good battery life.

I loved liked the Hiby R3 Pro for size & SQ but no Android.

Feb 4, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #470 of 2,676
Mine’s past customs. Waiting for delivery now, should be today if I’m super lucky. If not Monday !
Mine "cleared regulatory agency(s) after aircraft/ truck departed.", meaning too late for the delivery truck so it will be on Monday (no Sat deliveries)... I'll have to pay 870 PLN/ 180 EUR in tax (23% + fedex' handling). Gosh I miss America where the taxes are super low 🤣

At least I got it with 10% off from FJ Rakuten offer...

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #471 of 2,676
Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #472 of 2,676
Does anyone know if 700 (or any other DAP around this price point) streams lossless over Apple Music. Also looking to offline stream some of my APM playlists when I am not online. Pretty much replace the need for iPhone and dongle, if possible.

Feb 4, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #473 of 2,676
Good comparrison to previous version here

https://thewalkmanblog.blogspot.com/2023/01/comparison-sony-nw-a100-and-nw-a300.html?m=1

Do you think glass screen protectors for A100 series will fit A300 series ? Just order one for £8.99 anyway as Amazon.co.jp A300 ones with p&p and duty to UK would be over £20.

The A306 is almost exactly the same size as the A105 just with the "ribbing". It even fits in the silicon and flip case for the A105. I'm pretty sure the screen is the same.

Feb 4, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #474 of 2,676
Does anyone know if 700 (or any other DAP around this price point) streams lossless over Apple Music. Also looking to offline stream some of my APM playlists when I am not online. Pretty much replace the need for iPhone and dongle, if possible.

All android third party music streaming apps are scaled to either 24/48 or 32/192 depending on mode you set on Sony, but I couldn't hear difference to true bit-perfect like I had with the Hiby R5GII if set to 32/192, and if only using Spotify fine leaving at 24/48. Walkman app itself for your own music files is bit-perfect and can unfold MQA too.

If you want a bit-perfect DAP for streaming with enough battery life to make it usable, then have a serious look at Hiby R5GII (using in its ECO amp mode). Its only real let-down is using Android 8.1 which may cause issues with app compatibility sooner than Sony's with Android 11 or 12.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #475 of 2,676
Qq. Does it knows PD for charging? Like, can I use my MacBook 90w charger safely? (I used it for XM3s buds and it was ok). Asking cos that charger charges everything at my desk 😂

Feb 4, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #476 of 2,676
Almost every other Android DAP streams lossless music. Sony DAPs do resampling, they don’t bypass Android SRC.

Feb 4, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #477 of 2,676
Almost every other Android DAP streams lossless music. Sony DAPs do resampling, they don’t bypass Android SRC.
all DAPs bypass streaming music with app like UAPP and not on their own and apple music is not supported by UAPP so I dont think we can bypass Android resampling for apple music in any DAP. Please correct me if I am worng .

Feb 4, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #478 of 2,676
all DAPs bypass streaming music with app like UAPP and not on their own and apple music is not supported by UAPP so I dont think we can bypass Android resampling for apple music in any DAP. Please correct me if I am worng .

That’s wrong. You don’t need UAPP on most DAPs.

Most DAPs other than Sony supports Android SRC Bypass so you can play lossless music natively in any app.
My iBasso DX320 plays bit perfect lossless music via the Apple Music app, no resampling done. It’s the same for current models from many other brands like A&K, Fiio, Shanling etc. just not Sony.

1675522185501.png

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #479 of 2,676
Qq. Does it knows PD for charging? Like, can I use my MacBook 90w charger safely? (I used it for XM3s buds and it was ok). Asking cos that charger charges everything at my desk 😂
You can use any USB-C charger/cable to charge all your USB-C devices provided it supplies sufficient power. You can use your 90W charger or any other charger. The DAP will only draw what power it needs to charge and not more.
Nowadays most devices don’t come with a charger anymore for this reason. Zx707 also comes only with a cable, no charger in box.

Feb 4, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #480 of 2,676
Is this design decision by Sony what allows them to offer a true system wide EQ service, unlike all other major brands?

The only other major brand that offers such, that I’m aware of; is hiby and their atrocious “magic 8 ball tuning system”. Power amp EQ works far more effectively on my hiby r6 2020 than that dull rusty knife of an “eq”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back