SONY NW-ZX700
Feb 2, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #421 of 2,665
250mW of the WM1AM2 should provide more than enough loudness for the IER-Z1R, even on low gain, you probably only need like 90/120 or less for most music mastering. I think at this point, Sony might as well refer all Singaporeans to their Malaysia retail store for the ZX707. Why sell a crippled audiophile device that cannot power your own iem adequately. It’s pure stupidity beyond comprehension.
Yes for Wm1A and Wm1Am2 I normally listened at 70-80 /120 depending on the files
Meanwhile 120/120 on the zx707 is not even loud enough to be able to listen comfortably

Feb 2, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #422 of 2,665
I am looking to buy one from Japan, I have a family member living there, however they all seem to be sold out on Sony and Amazon??

Also anyone got any advice on doing this and then posting it to me? never done this before. I am assuming import taxes would be £60ish if I bought from Amazon.co.jp would it be free if they sent it to me in a package? Cheers
use japanese postcode on amazon, otherwise won't show it as available.

regarding taxes, you need to check UK's customs rules. In the EU, even if marked as gift and sent from a person to another, if the value is above 150 EUR (In some countries 45 EUR) you still pay VAT

Feb 2, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #423 of 2,665
250mW of the WM1AM2 should provide more than enough loudness for the IER-Z1R, even on low gain, you probably only need like 90/120 or less for most music mastering. I think at this point, Sony might as well refer all Singaporeans to their Malaysia retail store for the ZX707. Why sell a crippled audiophile device that cannot power your own iem adequately. It’s pure stupidity beyond comprehension.
Usually I do less than 80/120 for the Z1R in the 1ZM2, on low gain. Depends on cables also. Stock Z1R cable possibly low 70s most songs.

Feb 2, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #424 of 2,665
Just tried singapore version of 707 and can confirm no high gain 😥
I brought my ier z1r for a test and ended up getting the Wm1Am2 instead 🤦🏻‍♂️

The zx707 with z1r, i set the volume to 120/120 but still not loud enough

Unfortunately, welcome to EU's world :slight_frown:

Want a Sony DAP now, import from Japan.

Feb 2, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #425 of 2,665
Yes for Wm1A and Wm1Am2 I normally listened at 70-80 /120 depending on the files
Meanwhile 120/120 on the zx707 is not even loud enough to be able to listen comfortably

I'm 85-90 with my IER-M9's in Japanese WM1AM2 (normal gain) so doubt capped version with hi-gain removed would do them justice either.

Don't even bother with Amazon UK or Sony UK now, straight to import from Amazon Japan.

Feb 2, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #426 of 2,665
just get ibasso .. all the power even for their entry level model. Plus line out option.

Feb 2, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #428 of 2,665
On my M6 Ultra, mid gain, my volume level will be 20. On this, High Gain, Volume at 50 is loud enough for me. Was using Apple Music, DSD On. Has good staging, details, separation, bass slam. It has good synergy. Just opened it and listened for 15-20 mins. Will do an extended listening later.
Hi, would like to know what's your take on sound quality & battery life between ZX707 & M6 Ultra?

Feb 2, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #429 of 2,665
Loudness isn't a problem at all when it comes to Z1R on the ZX707. It is pretty loud at 75 / 120 in high gain (balanced out). The Z1R scales brilliantly with power. Hence, I personally felt that some of the detail was lost on ZX707, especially when compared to the xDSD Gryphon or Questyle M15.
some details was lost compared to Questyle M15?? I have a M15 & thought of getting this ZX707 or M6 ultra or the upcoming Hiby R6 III.

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #431 of 2,665
some details was lost compared to Questyle M15?? I have a M15 & thought of getting this ZX707 or M6 ultra or the upcoming Hiby R6 III.
For IERZ1R, M6 Ultra may be the better bet than ZX707. It has more power, better bass, staging, separation. Mids are a little forward and clear on 707. Just a little. For power demanding IEMs, 707 wont be a good match I think, as it’s not bringing Sony’s own flagship IEM to anywhere near its best.

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #432 of 2,665
Well, after adding USA, Canada and Singapore to the EU regarding distribution of volume-crippled SONY DAPs the time has come to start a petition (at www.change.org) and send it to SONY headquarters in Japan and regulatory bodies in EU, USA, Canada and Singapore.

Whereas other DAP producers (mainly Chinese companies) conform to the consumer protection laws/regulations rather creatively but more logically on the other side, SONY has adopted the most stringent and nonsensical approach at the same time one can imagine.

Is there at least one English native speaker willing to pick up the gauntlet?
I am ready to help and I am sure I am not the only one.

I think that the combined number of audiophiles in all the concerned countries is already high enough so that the petition had a chance for success.

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #433 of 2,665
Hi, would like to know what's your take on sound quality & battery life between ZX707 & M6 Ultra?
Only 1 hour into 707. Will do a detail comparison later and report back. Till now, for IER-Z1R, I may end up preferring M6 Ultra.

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #434 of 2,665
I am looking to buy one from Japan, I have a family member living there, however they all seem to be sold out on Sony and Amazon??

Also anyone got any advice on doing this and then posting it to me? never done this before. I am assuming import taxes would be £60ish if I bought from Amazon.co.jp would it be free if they sent it to me in a package? Cheers
At the moment your only options are either eBay (easiest) or some freight forwarding companies. EBay prices are quite low at the moment, almost close to Amazon jp prices with express shipping. Mine’s on its way and should be here in 2 days.
You have to pay the VAT in your country no matter how it is sent or who sends it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back