SONY NW-ZX500
May 1, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #8,131 of 8,639
In the music player settings there is DSD > USB output for DSD > Auto or DoP setting. I have mine set to Auto.

After plugging in your USB C dongle, go to the normal ZX507 settings and look for "Connected devices". Normally this is where you would check bluetooth device, but after you plug in a USB C dongle, "USB" also appears in the "Connected devices" setting. See attached pics. The proof is in the picture. The last 2 pictures are in reverse order.

will try this once home and report back!

@mt877 OK it recognises it but the dialogue box doesn't come up!

edit: my VE Odyssey on the other hand is a plug and play operation!

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #8,132 of 8,639
will try this once home and report back!

@mt877 OK it recognises it but the dialogue box doesn't come up!

edit: my VE Odyssey on the other hand is a plug and play operation!
Cool, glad something is working. I thought I had the dialog box not open a couple times before. I thought I left the music player app running (even in background) and just reseat the usb c dongle once or twice and the dialog appeared. I guess the dialog appeared for the VE Odyssey then?

May 1, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #8,133 of 8,639
Cool, glad something is working. I thought I had the dialog box not open a couple times before. I thought I left the music player app running (even in background) and just reseat the usb c dongle once or twice and the dialog appeared. I guess the dialog appeared for the VE Odyssey then?
not even! literally just plug and play, no prompt. unless I'd been prompted previously on a test run it just worked out of the box so to speak.

May 1, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #8,134 of 8,639
not even! literally just plug and play, no prompt. unless I'd been prompted previously on a test run it just worked out of the box so to speak.
Nice. I wonder what's the deal with the Apogee Groove then. I have developer option enabled. In developer > 'Default USB Configuration' is set to 'No data transfer', also USB debugging is disabled. Those and the ones already revealed are the only USB settings I could find on the ZX507.

May 1, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #8,135 of 8,639
Nice. I wonder what's the deal with the Apogee Groove then. I have developer option enabled. In developer > 'Default USB Configuration' is set to 'No data transfer', also USB debugging is disabled. Those and the ones already revealed are the only USB settings I could find on the ZX507.
I'll play around with dev options tomorrow and see if I can get something working!

May 2, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #8,136 of 8,639
UPDATE: so it conclusively Does Not Work. Insult to injury: the very capable Tempotec Sonata iDSD Plus which I've had on classifieds for months is also a plug and play operation. Sounding very good by the way. Bringing that out of retirement and sticking the AG on classifieds because I didn't get a €200 device to use primarily with my phone no matter how good it sounds!

May 3, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #8,139 of 8,639
Cool. Quick Q's: Is the USB C DAC outputting more power vs the builtin 3.5SE or 4.4Bal outs? I think you lose the signature Sony sound as well?
I need to A/B but the balanced out doesn't come into it - I have no 4.4mm gear currently, or 2.5mm off the Tempotec Sonata for that matter. I'll get back to ya :)

May 6, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #8,140 of 8,639
Hi everyone. Is there any way to disable the touch screen? The option was there to do this on the zx300 but the 500 just disables the physical side buttons. I use it in the gym and the slightest screen touch even with screen locked interferes with play and it drives me nuts! The only thing I can think of is importing those horrendously expensive official flip cases from Japan.....

May 6, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #8,141 of 8,639
Hi everyone. Is there any way to disable the touch screen? The option was there to do this on the zx300 but the 500 just disables the physical side buttons. I use it in the gym and the slightest screen touch even with screen locked interferes with play and it drives me nuts! The only thing I can think of is importing those horrendously expensive official flip cases from Japan.....
Turn off “double tap” to turn screen on. That way the only way to turn screen on is to press power button

May 6, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #8,142 of 8,639
Turn off “double tap” to turn screen on. That way the only way to turn screen on is to press power button

May 20, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #8,144 of 8,639
Hi guys, are there any ways to install purchase apps (like UAPP, Neutron) on Chinese FW ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back