SONY NW-ZX500
Feb 29, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #2,222 of 8,642
Incubation period is 21 days showing no symptoms

Some Prime Hosts can Live with it and never effected but will be contagious to the surrounding

Just to say if I get sick then the pw audio cable are dead to as he the owner him self did my cable haha
I bet hes healthy and I am not worried

I am a raw northern Canadian truck driver with Ukrainian blood flowing in my veines.
Should be safe )

Feb 29, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #2,223 of 8,642
Does the Sony NW-ZX507 have enough power to drive full sized cans using the balanced connection? I am referring to uncapped version that has high gain. What is the power output? I feel like Sony keep this purposefully vague providing a range rather that a specific number...

Would it be able to sufficiently power something such as the LCD2C or another medium efficient planar magnetic headphone?

Can people please comment on how it fairs with various full sized cans. Much appreciated!

Mar 1, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #2,225 of 8,642
Does the Sony NW-ZX507 have enough power to drive full sized cans using the balanced connection? I am referring to uncapped version that has high gain. What is the power output? I feel like Sony keep this purposefully vague providing a range rather that a specific number...

Would it be able to sufficiently power something such as the LCD2C or another medium efficient planar magnetic headphone?

Can people please comment on how it fairs with various full sized cans. Much appreciated!

it can run the HD650 pretty well, sounds better with some EQ (I follow oratory1990' guide on it).

Mar 1, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #2,226 of 8,642
Would anyone describe the Sony IER-M9 paired with the NW-ZX500 as bright? Some describe the IER-M9 as bright and some do not but I am specifically interested in this pairing. I am very sensitive to brightness... If the pairing is in fact bright how far can this be remedied using EQ or pushed back with filters? I prefer smooth but extended treble. I listen to a lot of EDM and house and I'm wondering if the Sony IER-M9 will work for me. Anyone can chime in would be much appreciated.

Mar 1, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #2,227 of 8,642
Would anyone describe the Sony IER-M9 paired with the NW-ZX500 as bright? Some describe the IER-M9 as bright and some do not but I am specifically interested in this pairing. I am very sensitive to brightness... If the pairing is in fact bright how far can this be remedied using EQ or pushed back with filters? I prefer smooth but extended treble. I listen to a lot of EDM and house and I'm wondering if the Sony IER-M9 will work for me. Anyone can chime in would be much appreciated.

i use this pairing and i don't find it bright. if anything, sometimes it feels that there needs to be more extension... don't get me wrong, it is plenty good. just sometimes in some songs (maybe 1% of the songs), you are expecting that extension to continue on but it doesn't... sort of that left wanting for more feeling.

saw your other thread, and M9 works really well across genres and you can wear it for hours.

Mar 2, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #2,228 of 8,642
i use this pairing and i don't find it bright. if anything, sometimes it feels that there needs to be more extension... don't get me wrong, it is plenty good. just sometimes in some songs (maybe 1% of the songs), you are expecting that extension to continue on but it doesn't... sort of that left wanting for more feeling.

saw your other thread, and M9 works really well across genres and you can wear it for hours.
Are there any Andromeda users? How does it sounds with the ZX507? Would you recommend another IEM instead?

Mar 2, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #2,229 of 8,642
Are there any Andromeda users? How does it sounds with the ZX507? Would you recommend another IEM instead?

Ive got both Andromeda and M9. the andros sound nice with the ZX507 but I personally prefer the M9’s.

It really depends on what signature you prefer. The ZX507 will pair well with both of them.

Mar 2, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #2,230 of 8,642
Finally received my ZX507. First impressions after playing arround with it for an hour:

Really nice design, especially haptics (roundness) and size to carry around- but now I also understand why people complain about tiny screen size and difficulties to type on it.

(Charges really slowly? While listening to it, it charged only 5% within 45 minutes? Maybe some problems with the battery of my device or because it was completely discharged for a while?) Edit: Mainly seems to have been the discharged battery! After charging it full over night, it charges faster now, but still quite slow! But battery life itself is actually better than I expected (after reading many posts here)!

Sound so far: Really great! Good middleway between airy, extended and a warm signature (low end).Very well balanced and definable my taste. EQ and other DSP settings work great - and I love that it is system wide! Perfect DAP for customisation!

Usage for streaming Apple Music: Hmmm. Better than the last DAPs that I have used but still quite away from a smartphone experience, to be honest. Scrolling, building up of cover pictures and downloading songs is definitely a bit laggy. Well, at least it works ok (unless with other DAPs I have tried), but maybe i expected a bit more here. I will see if this DAP can replace my iPhone/Xdsd BT setup that I am using for almost two years now. Will make some detailed sound comparison tomorrow...

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #2,232 of 8,642
Ive got both Andromeda and M9. the andros sound nice with the ZX507 but I personally prefer the M9’s.

It really depends on what signature you prefer. The ZX507 will pair well with both of them.
So I’m new to the hobby. I currently own a pair of Final Audio B3 and I really like them, I think they are really good when listening to instrumental and live recordings. I would like a pair with a different sound signature to the ones I currently own. Something with more soundstage and maybe a little more warmer. I’ve tried the CA Polaris V2, and I think they are too bassy for me, but I maight I need to try them again since I only tried them for maybe 30 min.

Could you elaborate why you like the M9 better? Also, are you using the Balanced port?

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #2,234 of 8,642
I'm rather late in finding this thread & have not read it all yet. But I have one question: does this DAP give a line out via the WM-Port?

I think does but its type c usb there is no wm port anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back