Sony NW-ZX300
Jan 8, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #8,476 of 12,862
Anyone compared balanced output to IFi idsd nano black label balanced? I'm BT mode, anyone know the range? My phone drops the 990 version of ldac constantly. It only seems to work if it's 3 feet away and I'm not moving.

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #8,477 of 12,862
Has anyone on here bought a ZX300 from Taobao? I've heard rumours that the site sometimes has fake things on (real items for sale, but not the genuine product but a copy).
But I imagine it can't be that easy to 'fake' a ZX300 lol
Anyway, just wonder if anyone has any feedback? :)
Good luck in finding a fake ZX300, taobao is just the same as Amazon and Ebay.

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #8,478 of 12,862
Probably depends on how you apply them. Mine doesn't look crap at all and works flawlessly.

43148658_10217258453724072_6871972511395872768_n.jpg
Let me rephrase it, it just ruins the appearance of the ZX300, a PET protector looks much better.

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #8,479 of 12,862
Good luck in finding a fake ZX300, taobao is just the same as Amazon and Ebay.

Just to clarify, I'm seeking the real thing.
I'm also aware of the fact that there's sometimes some anti-Chinese sentiment thrown around sometimes (e.g. made in China = inferior quality and other such nonsense).
I'm not one of those guys lol. There's some terrific stuff coming out of China including innovative products!
Thanks for your response though, and I hope you haven't misunderstood me :)

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #8,480 of 12,862
Just to clarify, I'm seeking the real thing.
I'm also aware of the fact that there's sometimes some anti-Chinese sentiment thrown around sometimes (e.g. made in China = inferior quality and other such nonsense).
I'm not one of those guys lol. There's some terrific stuff coming out of China including innovative products!
Thanks for your response though, and I hope you haven't misunderstood me :)
I'm just saying, if you can find a fake Zx300, you should be a lottery ticket, there isn't a fake ZX300.:kissing_smiling_eyes:

Only buy from taobao, if you live locally, return policies is a pain, I live in Hong Kong, and I won't risk buying expensive stuff, If you have a friend in china buy for you, make sure they are a regular taobao buyer. They will understand buying from taobao.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #8,481 of 12,862
I'm just saying, if you can find a fake Zx300, you should be a lottery ticket, there isn't a fake ZX300.:kissing_smiling_eyes:

Only buy from taobao, if you live locally, return policies is a pain, I live in Hong Kong, and I won't risk buying expensive stuff, If you have a friend in china buy for you, make sure they are a regular taobao buyer. They will understand buying from taobao.

Thanks for this advice! Yes, I have friends in China so I'll see :)

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #8,483 of 12,862
Yeah I’ve been using mine for 15 hours and it’s still at about 75%. I hope to get a 37.5 hours work week out of a single charge. My music is a mixture of file formats and I’m using 3.5mm so fingers crossed, it’s looking promising.

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #8,484 of 12,862
Yeah I’ve been using mine for 15 hours and it’s still at about 75%. I hope to get a 37.5 hours work week out of a single charge. My music is a mixture of file formats and I’m using 3.5mm so fingers crossed, it’s looking promising.

Wow on that battery life! I get 10 to 15 hours max. But, everything besides my Grado's is using the balanced output. Seems to use a lot more power. Before I bought my balanced cables, it seemed to go forever.:grin:

Shane D

Jan 8, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #8,485 of 12,862
Wow on that battery life! I get 10 to 15 hours max. But, everything besides my Grado's is using the balanced output. Seems to use a lot more power. Before I bought my balanced cables, it seemed to go forever.:grin:

Shane D

Yeah same here.. balanced seems to cut the battery usage in half but I'm not gonna complain when it sounds so good!

Jan 8, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #8,486 of 12,862
Yeah same here.. balanced seems to cut the battery usage in half but I'm not gonna complain when it sounds so good!

Agreed! Balanced output is like a whole different DAP. And I have a USB port by the lazy-boy so it's all good.:L3000:

Shane D

Jan 10, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #8,488 of 12,862
Did anybody try the USB audio output via WM-PORT with a home USB DAC amplifier yet?

So far I only use the player on the road, but it would be really nice to plug it into the home stereo and continue playing my library. I've learned so far, that an USB adapter or dock is required for that (WMC-NWH10 or BCR-NWH10). But will it really output all audio files that I play, regardless of the format (e.g. DSD, PCM, FLAC, MP3)? Unfortunately, the documentation of the player and the USB DACs is not very informative when it comes to this topic.

I checked the user manuals of the following USB DAC with amp: Sony UDA-1, Marantz HD-AMP1, TEAC AI-503 and Denon PMA-50/60 - all of them accept only hi-res PCM/DSD audio via USB DAC. What will happen if a high-res FLAC or low-res MP3 file is in my playlist, will the player take over the decoding and output it as LPCM or will it just stop/output silence?

Jan 10, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #8,489 of 12,862
Anyone have a cable (1.2-1.5m) that they recommend that is 4.4 to dual 3.5 for my Amiron Home?

Jan 10, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #8,490 of 12,862
Did anybody try the USB audio output via WM-PORT with a home USB DAC amplifier yet?

So far I only use the player on the road, but it would be really nice to plug it into the home stereo and continue playing my library. I've learned so far, that an USB adapter or dock is required for that (WMC-NWH10 or BCR-NWH10). But will it really output all audio files that I play, regardless of the format (e.g. DSD, PCM, FLAC, MP3)? Unfortunately, the documentation of the player and the USB DACs is not very informative when it comes to this topic.

I checked the user manuals of the following USB DAC with amp: Sony UDA-1, Marantz HD-AMP1, TEAC AI-503 and Denon PMA-50/60 - all of them accept only hi-res PCM/DSD audio via USB DAC. What will happen if a high-res FLAC or low-res MP3 file is in my playlist, will the player take over the decoding and output it as LPCM or will it just stop/output silence?

I haven't tried them (the amps that you mentioned) yet, but when I used the ZX300 as USB DAC, the settings were still configurable, even the upsampling one. Might have to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back