Sony NW-ZX300
Dec 24, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #8,386 of 12,862
Please could someone suggest how I should edit the following album in MP3tag.

Gladiator: Music from the Motion Picture by Aarious Artists. ... On the ZX300 is shows up as six different artists. There really has should not be an issue with albums by various artists. Why can't we just tag each album by album. I could search the main screen under album, but I don't want to. I want to search under artist in alphabetical, as would be normal.)

(Note: I have the setting: selected in playback settings (sort by album artist.)

In MP3tag it looks like this.

Gladiator album Capture.JPG

My first idea would be to delete all the text in each track (first column) before where it says:
Music from the Motion Picture 01 etc.

If you notice also in this capture, even MP3tag has listed the songs by artist in the first column.

Attachments

• Gladiator album Capture.JPG
    Gladiator album Capture.JPG
    414.6 KB · Views: 0
Dec 24, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #8,387 of 12,862

Gladiator: Music from the Motion Picture by Aarious Artists. ... On the ZX300 is shows up as six different artists. There really has should not be an issue with albums by various artists. Why can't we just tag each album by album. I could search the main screen under album, but I don't want to. I want to search under artist in alphabetical, as would be normal.)

(Note: I have the setting: selected in playback settings (sort by album artist.)

My first idea would be to delete all the text in each track (first column) before where it says:

If you notice also in this capture, even MP3tag has listed the songs by artist in the first column.

Well It is six different artists- yes? The player is only working with available intel, so, you'll need to change/rename the actual artists to one common name. I do this all the time, in this instance I would probably make all the artists " Gladiator Soundtrack Artists"
If you don't want to lose track of the artists, you could name them at the end of their respective song titles. I usually do this after the title if I want to remember the artist (Billy Joe Jim Bob)

Dec 25, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #8,388 of 12,862
@GreenBow Fill the "Album Artist" Column with something (like, "Various Artists", or what artist you want to find the album under). Then , make also sure that in "Playback Settings" the album list display is set to "Album Artist" (and not to "Artist").

Problem should most definitely be solved, then :)

Edited to add: oh and you only need to do that for those multiple artists albums - ZX300 is clever enough to fall back to the artist tag, if the album artist one is empty, anyway

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #8,389 of 12,862
Well It is six different artists- yes? The player is only working with available intel, so, you'll need to change/rename the actual artists to one common name. I do this all the time, in this instance I would probably make all the artists " Gladiator Soundtrack Artists"
If you don't want to lose track of the artists, you could name them at the end of their respective song titles. I usually do this after the title if I want to remember the artist (Billy Joe Jim Bob)

That sounds good. I'll give it a go and see. .. Thank you.

@GreenBow Fill the "Album Artist" Column with something (like, "Various Artists", or what artist you want to find the album under). Then , make also sure that in "Playback Settings" the album list display is set to "Album Artist" (and not to "Artist").

Problem should most definitely be solved, then :)

Edited to add: oh and you only need to do that for those multiple artists albums - ZX300 is clever enough to fall back to the artist tag, if the album artist one is empty, anyway

Actually, filling Album Artists with maybe 'Hans Zimmerman etc, Gladiator Soundtrack Artists' might work. It might put the album right under Hans Zimmerman, which is where I'd expect to see it. Or even "Gladiator Soundtrack Artists", and just find it under G.

-----

Thank you both, because I looked at this album in MP3tag and was outfaced by so many options.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #8,390 of 12,862

You can put "OST Songs" or album owner name in "Album Artists" then you can sort by that name. (I saw it blanks now)

Dec 26, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #8,391 of 12,862
Shouldn't long album names be moving during playback so as to show the full name? Mine just stands still and the whole name is never fully displayed.

Edit: Long track names actually move, perhaps album names just stay the same.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #8,395 of 12,862
Has anyone heard the Cowon Plenue R and how it compares to the zx300? I've only ever seen one person compare the two. I'm upgrading from a Cowon PD and it has come down to these two players.

I will only be using iems and potentially portable headphones, so I will not be driving headphones made for home use.

Dec 27, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #8,396 of 12,862
Has anyone heard the Cowon Plenue R and how it compares to the zx300? I've only ever seen one person compare the two. I'm upgrading from a Cowon PD and it has come down to these two players.

I will only be using iems and potentially portable headphones, so I will not be driving headphones made for home use.
Actually, there's a PD 2 coming out also
49411154_337572480163409_8791006101597323264_o.jpg

Dec 27, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #8,398 of 12,862
Actually, there's a PD 2 coming out also
49411154_337572480163409_8791006101597323264_o.jpg

That is some significant power for a portable out of balanced. Any other info besides this such as release window or target price?

Edit: Cannot seem to find the origin of this, do you know the source of this image?

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #8,399 of 12,862
Anyone else experiencing random restarts with latest firmware?
No random restarts here, but it did restart once when I was deleting a folder from the SD card. It got stuck for some 30 seconds on the deleting screen and then restarted and that gave me a scary moment. No more deleting stuff with it from now on, just playback. Database rebuild time is much faster, but did not notice a better audio quality.

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #8,400 of 12,862
Any different in sound signature and SQ between version G and normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back