Sony NW-ZX300
Apr 20, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #6,257 of 12,862
On the occasions that I notice it, it’s been “whoa.... if I didn’t KNOW that was there, I might’ve missed it!”

Of course, the 300 does bring out other details that makes the overall experience a great one, but I gotta say it’s definitely up to “something”.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #6,258 of 12,862
On the occasions that I notice it, it’s been “whoa.... if I didn’t KNOW that was there, I might’ve missed it!”

Of course, the 300 does bring out other details that makes the overall experience a great one, but I gotta say it’s definitely up to “something”.
Generally I did notice a few things that sounded off during burn in, after some 200+ hours on balanced all seems good now though. Did switch back to SE with my new AK T8ie mkii IEMs (had only done about 12 hours on SE previously) and noticed some songs were really bad/wrong. That did improve after another 20-30 hours but still sucked for some stuff like Green Day, swapped the cable back to my balanced one this week and everything sound awesome again. :)

I've had/used 4 daps since last did any time listening to an iphone so sound has changed a lot for me since then, it might be that the iphone is less neutral and you've grown used to how it might push certain parts of the songs or hide other parts or that combined with how your IEMs sound (I've not tried any of the campfire stuff so not sure how they react).

I'd give it a bit more time, only thing I've tweaked on the ZX300 was +2 bass on the tone controls as it's not as warm as my previous Fiio X5iii.

PS I really wish Sony would do some factory burn in on these, I've never heard something change so much over such a long burn in. I can easily see people returning them within a retail return window before being able to get enough hours on them to hear the full sound quality. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #6,259 of 12,862
Came across these cases on ebay LINK

upload_2018-4-20_20-21-15.png

Apr 20, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #6,262 of 12,862
Generally I did notice a few things that sounded off during burn in, after some 200+ hours on balanced all seems good now though. Did switch back to SE with my new AK T8ie mkii IEMs (had only done about 12 hours on SE previously) and noticed some songs were really bad/wrong. That did improve after another 20-30 hours but still sucked for some stuff like Green Day, swapped the cable back to my balanced one this week and everything sound awesome again. :)

I've gone back to SE on my Opus#2 as on some albums distorted guitars sounded too forward, a little frenetic sounding, especially when compared with balanced out on my ZX300 where the instruments sound more 'spaced' with greater depth. Maybe it's my ears but I thought balanced would always win over SE. This was using the T8's with Opus.

Apr 20, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #6,263 of 12,862
I've gone back to SE on my Opus#2 as on some albums distorted guitars sounded too forward, a little frenetic sounding, especially when compared with balanced out on my ZX300 where the instruments sound more 'spaced' with greater depth. Maybe it's my ears but I thought balanced would always win over SE. This was using the T8's with Opus.

So you're saying SE is better on opus2 than balanced? I know the balanced on zx300 is heavenly. I would expect balanced on the opus2 to really be tits!

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #6,264 of 12,862
So you're saying SE is better on opus2 than balanced? I know the balanced on zx300 is heavenly. I would expect balanced on the opus2 to really be tits!

For me playing a certain album I prefer SE. Yet using balanced on the ZX (with other iem's) the same album sounds very good. I believe SE on Opus#2 is closer to balanced sound than SE V balanced on ZX.
Also T8's are brighter than my other iem's, with 4.4 balanced cable they sound too bright to my ears.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #6,266 of 12,862
Behold. Peak Sony Style®.

M29133R.jpg

lol, big enough to carry lunch! It says Hellooo I'm a dork and don't care. Wonder how that would fly with airport security (trs) get down now! Sorry but if you were wearing something like this going through airport security and your name is Abdul, you are ****ed.

Apr 21, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #6,267 of 12,862
I actually have this case, it doesn't look as big as it does on me compared with the photos as it is really just a tiny bit taller than the Walkman itself so you can picture it (just grab your WM1 and put it on your waist). I think they just have a really small model. :D

Apr 21, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #6,268 of 12,862
I actually have this case, it doesn't look as big as it does on me compared with the photos as it is really just a tiny bit taller than the Walkman itself so you can picture it (just grab your WM1 and put it on your waist). I think they just have a really small model. :D

Yeah I think the guy in the photo is probably a 115lb soaking wet Japanese dude, i.e. average. I was always amazed when living there to see how much food and beer Japanese people pack in and still stay skinny. My wife is a good example, eats me under the table every day. Though after 18 years of living in the US and marriage to me, the America disease is finally getting a grip on her. (Don't tell her I said that.)

I just posted the pic for giggles, and actually I think that case itself is very nice. I wouldn't wear it out on the street like they're showing though, except maybe the backpack strap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back