Sony NW-ZX300
Mar 7, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #5,341 of 12,862
Just ordered the zx300 from Amazon. Delivery is tomorrow. I hope it pairs nicely with my ciem as they're rather very warm . It sounded great with zx2 with a trrs plug when I had it 2 years ago .

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #5,342 of 12,862
I don't think Sony meant for the 1Z to be an outdoor device anyway. All promo pictures I've seen of it are indoors, so :)

I use my 1Z exclusively when I run and work out, that gold colour keeps me motivated and the weight helps to buff me up. Of course mine is solid gold, I just love the smell and texture of reals gold.

Waffles and gold that's my things!

Goldmember.

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #5,343 of 12,862
I use my 1Z exclusively when I run and work out, that gold colour keeps me motivated and the weight helps to buff me up. Of course mine is solid gold, I just love the smell and texture of reals gold.

Waffles and gold that's my things!

Goldmember.

On a cereal note, what kind of geetar do you have? Damn sorry about double post. I think I like the old head fi interface better.

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #5,344 of 12,862
Just ordered the zx300 from Amazon. Delivery is tomorrow. I hope it pairs nicely with my ciem as they're rather very warm . It sounded great with zx2 with a trrs plug when I had it 2 years ago .

kms108 would know for sure but the general consensus is the zx300 is less warm than zx2. So you should be golden:wink:

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #5,345 of 12,862
On a cereal note, what kind of geetar do you have? Damn sorry about double post. I think I like the old head fi interface better.
It's just a 'Richwood' acoustic guitar. I think it's a Dutch unknown brand, but price-quality is okay, especially for the lack of motivation I have :wink:

Oh, and don't let the name fool you: the wood's not very rich :)

Mar 7, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #5,347 of 12,862
It's just a 'Richwood' acoustic guitar. I think it's a Dutch unknown brand, but price-quality is okay, especially for the lack of motivation I have :wink:

Oh, and don't let the name fool you: the wood's not very rich :)

Here I thought you'd have a martin or guild, a man with your discriminating tastes :wink: I have an 80's ovation, with the electric pick ups and the round back. I thought it looked cool when Nancy Wilson used it on silver heels- crazy on you. Ha ha

I bought a Stratocaster at about the same time, I love the feel of the strat and tele. And plus Jeff beck :wink: my first geetar was a cheap epiphone shaped like an SG. Anyways ill have to Google that brand, I thought all the dutch made were waffles and funny shoes :wink: :)

ok back to zx300!

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #5,349 of 12,862
FYI

Transferring from MacBook Pro to ZX300 was TERRIBLE when dragging from iTunes to the Sony Content Transfer “window”; slow and crashed often!

Using Finder and dragging folders from there is speedy and crash-free. I pile in many folders at once and it has no issues. Album art has been hit and miss but the odd part: some of the albums that don’t display art on the ZX300 screen SHOWS THE ART ON MY CAR DISPLAY when I’m streaming from player via Bluetooth. Screwy....

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #5,350 of 12,862
Does anyone know about this company?

https://nocaudio.com

When you click on their 'I'm poisoned by the cables' link they have a impressive list of options for customising your cable eg locking mmcx connectors for XBA series and Ex1000 connectors for Sony.

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #5,353 of 12,862
How painful is it if you need to replace the screen protector? The protector that came with my Musashino Label has a tiny chip in it (dammit!).
I put that one on lining up the bottom first, then realised it was a tad low and I had cut off about 0.25mm of the top of the screen - no big deal but after a month I thought I'd try to realign it but gave up after struggling to find an edge to get it off.

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #5,354 of 12,862
Does anyone know about this company?

https://nocaudio.com

When you click on their 'I'm poisoned by the cables' link they have a impressive list of options for customising your cable eg locking mmcx connectors for XBA series and Ex1000 connectors for Sony.
I have a friend who ordered some stuff from them and he says the QC and the overall quality is excellent.

Mar 8, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #5,355 of 12,862
I've never been able to compare them both in a fully burned-in state. But out of the box the difference is noticeable: the ZX300 beats the ZX100 in all departments. There is more layering, the sound feels less processed, the stage is wider and the sound is also a bit warmer. Although the latter one can be a minus if you're not fond of that. But it is definitely not a warm sound, just warmer and more analog in feel than the ZX100's sound.

Recommended buy even if you're just using the single-ended output. Unless you have a deeply rooted hate for touchscreens (but there are side buttons) and/ or the longer battery life of the ZX100 is appealing to you (but you lose output power compared to the ZX300)

Thanks for the comparison. Just pulled the trigger as it was on sale:L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back