Sony NW-ZX300
Apr 27, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #9,693 of 12,862
It's a very cool headphone despite Mdr1Am2 is actually better..
That's the thing, I might be picky, but I don't like how the MDR-1AM2 sound to begin with xD

Then again, both sets of headphones have the advantage of being quite affordable.
Unfortunately I haven't had much love for Sony headphones other than the MDR-Z7 series and MDR-Z1R (the best closed back headphones ever made in my opinion), then again, I am a sucker for open back headphones and Sony haven't made many of those. I like their IEMs a lot though.

Apr 27, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #9,695 of 12,862
This ZX300 or Portable amp Ifi Micro IDSD black ? which one better ?

In what way? One is a DAP and one is an amp.

Shane D

Apr 27, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #9,697 of 12,862
To drive cans properly

I mean ifi doesnot have balance 4.4mm connetor, price range is almost the same, to drive my headphone, not in high amp, like meze99 or maybe hd650

You are talking about two different types of products. A DAP is what you store and play your music from.

If you have hard to drive headphones, you buy an amp to drive them.

What are you trying to do?

Shane D

Apr 27, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #9,698 of 12,862
You are talking about two different types of products. A DAP is what you store and play your music from.

If you have hard to drive headphones, you buy an amp to drive them.

What are you trying to do?

Shane D

Use as usb dac perhaps, i only want to use the balance connector, i hardly find balance amplifier with 4.4mm pentaconn in amp/desktop amp in this price range, that's why, i wonder maybe it's worth if i can try balance connection for my headphone and use this as dac to my pc/laptop

Apr 27, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #9,699 of 12,862
Use as usb dac perhaps, i only want to use the balance connector, i hardly find balance amplifier with 4.4mm pentaconn in amp/desktop amp in this price range, that's why, i wonder maybe it's worth if i can try balance connection for my headphone and use this as dac to my pc/laptop

I don't use mine as a computer DAC, so I can't help you at all.

Now that people know what you want, maybe someone else will jump in.

Shane D

Apr 27, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #9,701 of 12,862
I'd look into another product for a desktop amp. While the ZX300 does sound better than my computer's regular output it's not amazing or anything, and you get video/audio sync issues. It's more of an added functionality than a full fledged solution, and while i do use it as a dac i wouldn't get it if i didn't use it as my daily driver dap.

Apr 27, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #9,702 of 12,862
Ok then i guess i will skip this since i probably mostly will use as portable dac, i want dac that also portable with balance connection preferable, i will looking for another product then, thanks for the answer.

Apr 27, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #9,703 of 12,862
What kind of balanced connection? I suppose for full-size headphones there are 4-pin xlr to 4.4mm adapters, but as far as portable dacs/amps go I know neither the Micro BL nor the Chord Mojo have balanced outputs and am personally unaware of other competition. As already stated, you also want to steer clear of Sony daps for computer use due to the lack of syncing between sound and picture. If you're going mostly portable, want a balanced output, and could use the functions of a dap the Hiby R6 Pro is near in price. It has enough power to drive a number of headphones balanced and I'd imagine it syncs with computer picture.

Apr 27, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #9,704 of 12,862
What kind of balanced connection? I suppose for full-size headphones there are 4-pin xlr to 4.4mm adapters, but as far as portable dacs/amps go I know neither the Micro BL nor the Chord Mojo have balanced outputs and am personally unaware of other competition. As already stated, you also want to steer clear of Sony daps for computer use due to the lack of syncing between sound and picture. If you're going mostly portable, want a balanced output, and could use the functions of a dap the Hiby R6 Pro is near in price. It has enough power to drive a number of headphones balanced and I'd imagine it syncs with computer picture.

Hiby R6 Pro is out of my budget, no one here sell the 2nd yet, buy new one cant afford it right now, but thanks for suggestion, there's seller in my local marketplace that sell those both sony and ifi almost same price (used) and it's on my tight budget around $400-$450, that's why i compare those 2 product, i want to know which one better buy for my needs, well, it's easier here to find cable with 2.5mm balance and i already have most cable terminated in 2.5mm, beside i have 2.5 to 4.4mm adapter, since i read 4.4mm more robust i will use it instead of 2.5mm, to retered to 4-pin will cost me $$$ better utilize what i had now since i already had 2.5mm balance cable

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back