Sony NW-ZX300
Feb 2, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #4,276 of 12,862
Is anyone having problems connecting their nws20 to their ZX300? Mine's the Asia/Aussie option, but I get a "COULD NOT CONNECT" message after a short attempt at connecting.
My WM1A has absolutely no problems connecting to it though...

Feb 2, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #4,277 of 12,862
so? anyone could verify are there dead pixels on theirs lcd? I found some on mine, while turning on the device in a dark room...?

Just checked it a couple of times, I was worried after your message because when mine got delivered it was -12 C outside and my player was almost painfully cold to hold when I unpacked it. Can't spot any dead pixels though. I have a 64Gb model bought from AccessoryJack however, not JB...
Just out of curiosity, are the dead pixels on yours at the edge or in the centre of the screen?

Feb 2, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #4,278 of 12,862
Is anyone having problems connecting their nws20 to their ZX300? Mine's the Asia/Aussie option, but I get a "COULD NOT CONNECT" message after a short attempt at connecting.
My WM1A has absolutely no problems connecting to it though...
So long as you have the "Remote Control Settings" menu option under Bluetooth I'd think it would just work (that option is missing in some regions). Unless there's something on the remote to reset the pairing mode if it's already been used with another Sony device?
Mine was new so just did the Add Remote option and switched the remote on.

Feb 2, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #4,279 of 12,862
I have one but it's only barely noticeable, you have to focus on it while in a dark room to even spot it otherwise you don't even know it's there, I spot it by chance while powering up my device in the dark, to be honest I totally forgot it was even there until I saw your post.
damn god. finally somebody calmed me down ))) yeah. same ideas on mine. only while booting in a dark room) but i have 6 or more.
do you have it for a long time? what versions is yours? 300a or 300 ? what problems can appear from this? could lcd die?

Feb 2, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #4,281 of 12,862
damn god. finally somebody calmed me down ))) yeah. same ideas on mine. only while booting in a dark room) but i have 6 or more.
do you have it for a long time? what versions is yours? 300a or 300 ? what problems can appear from this? could lcd die?
I've had it since at least November, only that single dead pixel. Mine is a black Japanese NW-ZX300.

Feb 2, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #4,282 of 12,862
tried to makea a photo, but i need macro lens, and a dark room)
on the left found a little deformation, maybe after hit. mehh , new high quality product ))
IMGP8546.png

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #4,283 of 12,862
I have the Japanese version, looking the screen I have millions of black dot, thats because my screen is black.:wink:, just joking, I have nothing, otherwise I will return it, that why I got it from Amazon Japan,easy buy, easy return.

Feb 2, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #4,284 of 12,862
tried to makea a photo, but i need macro lens, and a dark room)
on the left found a little deformation, maybe after hit. mehh , new high quality product ))
Looks like a white pixel, could be a bight pixels, if you can remove the screen you can rub it out.

Feb 2, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #4,285 of 12,862
Feb 2, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #4,286 of 12,862
Feb 2, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #4,287 of 12,862
Looks like a white pixel, could be a bight pixels, if you can remove the screen you can rub it out.
thought like you, but it's clearly seen as a dead pixel especially under the microscope. my camera shows it like a white dot , but they have green, red, blue collor but not black ..
ok. try to live with them ) hope they wont multiply.. because, as said above
you'd have to have a certain percentage of dead pixels though before they would exchange it for you...
and this is not only for Sony. too bad . i didnt expect that as, before, i didnt have such problems on their mp3 players

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #4,288 of 12,862
If it's not black, it's not a dead pixel, it's just bright pixel, in some cases it can go way over time,, actual Sony and HTC has the most deadpixels on a smartphones, these were in the sonyericsson times.

Feb 2, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #4,289 of 12,862
So long as you have the "Remote Control Settings" menu option under Bluetooth I'd think it would just work (that option is missing in some regions). Unless there's something on the remote to reset the pairing mode if it's already been used with another Sony device?
Mine was new so just did the Add Remote option and switched the remote on.

All good, I had forgotten the pairing sequence (holding down play/pause and Vol Down at the same time until the red/blue lights flash)
All connected now, phew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back