Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 28, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #3,048 of 12,862
Did you know that NW-ZX300 supports 256 Gb microSD card ?

Damn I forget just how big Sony walkman is in the far East and Europe. Here in USA Sony mp3 player ( especially high end ) is very rare. Either they use a phone, or an ipod. or an Iphone lol for music playback. I learned from his other video that you can use an android smartphone to use through the Zed X300's DAC feature, very cool!

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #3,049 of 12,862
No idea which version they sell in Taiwan. Is there a way to distinguish them visually?

I would assume that it's not volume capped. Ak70 definitly has a higher power output and wider sound stage. My 300 has changed though since I recieved it, and the stage has improved especially front to back- ak70 is still wider. This is of course though SE output.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #3,051 of 12,862
Did you know that NW-ZX300 supports 256 Gb microSD card ?

It even supports 400GB Micro SD (and probably higher capacities when available), I have one in my unit and it works just fine.

hJHsC03.jpg

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #3,052 of 12,862
Damn I forget just how big Sony walkman is in the far East and Europe. Here in USA Sony mp3 player ( especially high end ) is very rare. Either they use a phone, or an ipod. or an Iphone lol for music playback. I learned from his other video that you can use an android smartphone to use through the Zed X300's DAC feature, very cool!
Sony Walkman isn't all too big here in Europe :) . It gets more tracking than in the US, but most Europeans just want their shiny apple. And those I spot on the train with better headphones usually still (!) have ipod classics lol. I've seen the A35 in its myriad of colours with hipster girls though :)

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #3,053 of 12,862
Smartphones for music playback...
I hesitated before buying an other portable device (ZX300, no more empty pockets in my jacket now).
But some says that Meizu M5 Pro is a very good audio device as also LG V-20 (and the upcoming V-30).

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #3,054 of 12,862
I hesitated before buying an other portable device (ZX300, no more empty pockets in my jacket now).
But some says that Meizu M5 Pro is a very good audio device as also LG V-20 (and the upcoming V-30).
For the sake of argument lets say they are equal in sound quality but what does one do with the million interruptions on a smartphone that one has to deal with. IMHO it will mar a good music listening experience.

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #3,055 of 12,862

One of the reason I went back to carrying multiple devices and bought a dedicated player was that as I change phones often (an action which is incentivise by carrier contract subsidy) I got sick of how inconsistent sound quality is for phones. Having a dedicated player means that I don't have to worry about sound quality for my next phone. Also player improvement progresses at a much slower pace than phones, so I get to keep my player for longer than a phone either way.

Nov 28, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #3,056 of 12,862
Hello guys, maybee à strange question but let me explain:
As you know i bought a zx300 from japan that came with gold plated jacks (Japan Packaging).
Yesterday a friend received his own from Hong-kong (English packaging).
But this one has it seems copper plated jacks (more orange and mat if i can explain like this).
So please do you know if there is several physical different version of the device ?
We took the time to compare and we have not the same jack’s platted.
So strange...

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #3,057 of 12,862
As you know i bought a zx300 from japan that came with gold plated jacks (Japan Packaging).
But this one has it seems copper plated jacks (more orange and mat if i can explain like this).
So please do you know if there is several physical different version of the device ?
So strange...

Mine is also a Japanese version, and it's a copper color (orange/tan), if i compare it to my ZX2, the ZX2 is gold(yellow/gold).

How is your Zx300, did UK sony fix it for you.

Here is a photo, probably the angle doesn't show it, but you can see the balanced socket slightly different.

IMG_20171129_005630.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #3,058 of 12,862
So strange...
I could have sworn my copper jacks were getting more yellow...
And this seems to be the case, going by your story. It looks like: as the jacks get more exposure in air/light or more conduit, they're getting lighter in colour. It's something I see in headphone plugs too: my ath-ad1000X plug, which nearly always sits in an amplifier but is seldom used, is a lot more deep gold toned than my klipsch x10 IEM's, which get a lot more usage.

I wouldn't worry about it. From a quick Google search, discoloration seems to be a natural characteristic of copper. Just think of it as a sign that you've made your player yours :)

EDIT: there are actually some copper polishes that can restore the newlike condition or try to. But why would you risk that on a device that's made for audio and not copperware?

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #3,059 of 12,862
So strange...

It's obviously fake, pm me and we can arrange to have your friend send the fake unit to me so I can verify it's not genuine :wink: ha ha

No really in the silver one the jacks look more gold, and even on the black one depending on the lighting they can look gold to deep copper colour. I personally love the darker colour and think it looks classy. No worries mate! And yes did you ever get your unit sorted out by Sony??

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #3,060 of 12,862
I could have sworn my copper jacks were getting more yellow...
And this seems to be the case, going by your story. It looks like: as the jacks get more exposure in air/light or more conduit, they're getting lighter in colour. It's something I see in headphone plugs too: my ath-ad1000X plug, which nearly always sits in an amplifier but is seldom used, is a lot more deep gold toned than my klipsch x10 IEM's, which get a lot more usage.

I wouldn't worry about it. From a quick Google search, discoloration seems to be a natural characteristic of copper. Just think of it as a sign that you've made your player yours :)

EDIT: there are actually some copper polishes that can restore the newlike condition or try to. But why would you risk that on a device that's made for audio and not copperware?
Someone did mentioned about the copper vs gold, it's not discolored, I think it's different batch, but I prefer the copper color.

so is you ZX300 fixed, any update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back