SONY NW-ZX2
Oct 1, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #14,731 of 14,755
I don't really ever use mine if you want to buy from me. I am a tidal user and the ZX2 has been unused since Tidal stopped working.
Thanks for the offer. I may consider getting one back again in the future, for the sake of collecting it. I'd prefer to get a DAP that could work with streaming services, which I use occasionally.

Oct 1, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #14,732 of 14,755
I also have the ZX2 and the ZX300, I don't use it much, but I have my mind set on the NW ZX 500, I have consider the NW ZX 700, but too me it's rather cheaply made and rather big. now the ZX500 is considered cheaper, even if you buy from amazon.co.jp, it's tax free and cheap, I have a two weeks to decide, I have a trip to Japan on the 8th. might even buy from Japan.
That's interesting to know... one thing that I have always loved about Sony DAP is that they look and feel well-made and, in the upper echelons, very premium. So if ZX707 feels cheap, that's something to consider.

Oct 1, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #14,733 of 14,755
The ZX707 is superior sounding with much better battery life. The DSD mastering is just very impressive. I have both the ZX507 and ZX707, and I much prefer the ZX707 unless you want something very portable then go with the ZX507 with cash to spare. Oh, I have pretty much all the Sony DAPs dating back to the X series all the way to 1ZM2. Still have the X1060, A846, F807, ZX1, and ZX2 as well. I know it’s sad. The addiction is very real!
The addiction is very real, indeed! I have A846, Z1060, ZX2 (not anymore, sadly) and WM1A. I was interested in the new sound features, such as DSD remastering, which you mention, and DSEE Ultimate (I do listen a small improvement in non-hi res files in my WM1A and I know the new series feature an enhanced version of the DSEE). Unfortunately, it's hard to come by any dap in my country these days and import is not an easy option, but that won't stop me. :)

Oct 1, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #14,734 of 14,755
The addiction is very real, indeed! I have A846, Z1060, ZX2 (not anymore, sadly) and WM1A. I was interested in the new sound features, such as DSD remastering, which you mention, and DSEE Ultimate (I do listen a small improvement in non-hi res files in my WM1A and I know the new series feature an enhanced version of the DSEE). Unfortunately, it's hard to come by any dap in my country these days and import is not an easy option, but that won't stop me. :)
I know I was missing something…..I have the A17 and Z1060 too. I know, it’s very sad.

Oct 1, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #14,735 of 14,755
So sorry for your loss. I don't know of any more recent DAPs. I still use my ZX2 for traveling and burning in HPs.....
Thanks, pal! Yeah, ZX2 was a great companion on my trips. I loved its SQ very much. It's a pity that its old SOC doesn't allow for more recent versions of the usual streaming apps.

Oct 1, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #14,736 of 14,755
Thanks, pal! Yeah, ZX2 was a great companion on my trips. I loved its SQ very much. It's a pity that its old SOC doesn't allow for more recent versions of the usual streaming apps.
Yes, Sony abandoned the ZX2 way too soon. I wish there is a pure music mode on it. I still have it along as ZX100 too.

Oct 2, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #14,737 of 14,755
Yes, Sony abandoned the ZX2 way too soon. I wish there is a pure music mode on it. I still have it along as ZX100 too.
I miss mine, I liked the form factor etc - but the minute I heard the noise floor, I couldn’t listen to it anymore :frowning2:

Oct 2, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #14,738 of 14,755
I miss mine, I liked the form factor etc - but the minute I heard the noise floor, I couldn’t listen to it anymore :frowning2:
When I travel that doesn't matter that much. I have 4gb songs on the SD card, so I don't run out....And now I use my new Sony WF1000XM5 in LDAC mode:beyersmile:

Oct 4, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #14,739 of 14,755
And i also purchased many spare parts for me ZX2, don't have any chance of using them.

Oct 10, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #14,740 of 14,755
I don't really ever use mine if you want to buy from me. I am a tidal user and the ZX2 has been unused since Tidal stopped working.
I still use it with Tidal. BubbleUPNP streams tidal from my phone, and upnplay runs on the ZX2 to receive it. Easy.

You could subsititute BubbleUPNP with any other Tidal UPNP streamer on iOS, PC etc.

Oct 12, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #14,742 of 14,755
Golden ring, installation sticker, usb rubber, and the rest I need to check, right now I’m in Japan for holiday just purchase a zx507 and a pair of ier M9 earphone.

Oct 12, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #14,743 of 14,755
Sony will no just give you the screen and battery, they have to fix it in, the rest of the spares they can give to you.

Nov 29, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #14,744 of 14,755
I just came back to the ZX2 after a long time away. USBAPP is streaming Qobuz very well. I'm still using an APK that the developers sent me a few years ago. It's using the Android Audio driver still as no one knows how to access that Sony DAC directly apparently. So everything is resampled to 44.1, but sampling rate isn't everything and it's still a really good amp.

USBAPP can now stream to a UPnP render (in-app purchase) so paired with that free UPnP renderer running on the ZX2 it should work very well for streaming. Can even work for mobile if you have hotspot plan.

I ditched Tidal a few years ago when it stopped working, but I'm tempted to restart the subscription to test out the UPnP stack.

Rant: all this talk of green tech and Sony just wants us to discard a perfectly good (and beautiful even) DAP. Open it up and give it some new life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back