SONY NW-ZX2
Jun 28, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #6,136 of 14,755
I can talk about the Fiio e12 and the aune b1.
The b1 is clearly astonishing. Especially in class A. Expect 50% less battery.
With iem it opens the music giving a bit more clarity and a slightly wider soundtage.
With headphones, it is fantastic. I'm re discovering my Bw p7.
I listened more than 10 hours this week end. Both the zx2 and aune b1 are new and non burnt in...!!!
But to be honest with iem only it is not a huge different.

This zx2 is bloody good!

Jun 28, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #6,137 of 14,755
What are some of the competitors to the B1 in the $1-$300 price range and do you guys think an amp is worthwhile if i'm only running CIEM's(A12).  I'm looking for a completely neutral amp (if one is worth it) that doesn't change the output from the ZX2.

Thank You
Ike
sorry. See previous message

Jun 29, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #6,138 of 14,755
After a couple of weeks hear the ZX2 I've the impression it has been a little bit louder. I remember the first day playing the ZX2 and my thoughts about the too low power output with the Audeze LCD-2. Now I think the volume level is loud enough for this pairing. 

Has anyone else the same experience? 

Jun 29, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #6,139 of 14,755
After a couple of weeks hear the ZX2 I've the impression it has been a little bit louder. I remember the first day playing the ZX2 and my thoughts about the too low power output with the Audeze LCD-2. Now I think the volume level is loud enough for this pairing. 

Has anyone else the same experience? 

Nope, I've never been able to turn up the volume past 40% or so since the day I received it, still more than loud enough for me. To be fair, I've only used it with my IEMs and the Velodyne Vtrue so far, I've never thought of trying it with my LCD-2, I'll give it a try when I get back later.

Meanwhile, when listening to it for a while, I swear sometimes I randomly hear it skip a beat after a few hours, but maybe I'm just imagining it. Anyone ever felt like there's random skips during playback? And I'm not talking about badly recorded source files, either. Even when I think I hear it, it never repeats, for hours on end.

Someone tell me it's not all in my head :p

Jun 29, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #6,140 of 14,755
Probably an android glitch, try rebooting the zx2, mine did this a few month back. But after I rebooted, I haven't had as single glitch.
You can also go into settings and apps and then running apps, and maybe end a few of the processes running in there, this always helps.
A lot of the running apps are not necessary for playback. And will hog resources causing glitches, If to many are going.

Jun 29, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #6,145 of 14,755
Quick question to Australian ZX2 users who have purchased their unit through Sony Australia.

Does your ZX2 have any certification markings engraved on this side of the player?

I've seen photographs of ZX2s sold in Korea and China that do for example:

Tossing between ordering a ZX2 from Sony Australia or to import from Japan.

Thanks!

Jun 29, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #6,146 of 14,755
Good luck in finding one with all those markings, I wouldn't want one if I find one, it means it's a test or display model. 

Jun 29, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #6,148 of 14,755
I think all ZX2 will only have 4 markings, model number, made in Malaysia, li-ion and serial number, serial number being under the microsd socket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back