SONY NW-ZX2
Jun 20, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #6,031 of 14,755
So what's a good balanced 3.5mm terminated IEM cable option? Doesn't seem to be many around, trying to find something for my inbound Angie. Anyone?

Double Helix, though get in line as I have heard his orders for custom JH balanced is massive. Astell&Kern also offers a balanced cable too.

Jun 21, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #6,033 of 14,755
Here are a few pictures of my ZX2 with my ibasso D6 650mwX2, http://www.ibasso.com/products-detail.php?id=90 for some extra power, now the ZX2 is pretty powerful for such a small DAP and drives my IEM's with no issues, but adding the external AMP just takes it to another level. It also drives my AKG 702's with ease, and considering they are open air cans.

Jun 21, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #6,034 of 14,755
Here are a few pictures of my ZX2 with my ibasso D6 650mwX2,for some extra power, now the ZX2 is pretty powerful for such a small DAP and drives my IEM's with no issues, but adding the external AMP just takes it to another level.

And you turn the volume of ZX2 to max, right?

Would it be better to use a adapter with LineOut connector at the ZX2? I will do this and ordered a adapter and still waiting for delivery.

Jun 21, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #6,035 of 14,755
Yes the volume is set to max on the ZX2, I then control the volume levels with the D6. My 702's never sounded better with a portable DAP. And my JH16'S are taken to another level. Can you shoot me a link to the line out adapter for the ZX2.

Jun 21, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #6,036 of 14,755
Seeing that I misplaced my FiiO line o out adapter, would be interested in an a/b between headphone and line out being amped, as I'm sure most of the magic of the ZX2 is derived from the headphone out...

Jun 21, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #6,038 of 14,755
Yes the volume is set to max on the ZX2, I then control the volume levels with the D6. My 702's never sounded better with a portable DAP. And my JH16'S are taken to another level. Can you shoot me a link to the line out adapter for the ZX2.

Here is the link.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/170683121052

Jun 21, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #6,039 of 14,755

I think this is what you're looking for:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=834099&gclid=CjwKEAjwwZmsBRDOh7C6rKO8zkcSJABCusnbPw8Sx2nECW6qneuQTFGF9mJaIuR9TZ9xCQSn5SWqHhoCvz_w_wcB&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #6,041 of 14,755
I'm here to join the club, got my ZX2 a week ago from Japan along with many accessories.

My unit is Japan version, and using it for a week whiles in Japan I have a few questions, and hopefully some one can help out.

1 I have a update message as soon as the unit was turned on, but haven't updated yet, is it safe to update, or is it best to stay on the current version.

2 On the home screen we can slide either way 5 section, is there anyway to reduce this, I know on a Samsung you can do it, but can't seem to figure it out on the ZX2.

3 Is there anyway to transfer media from card to internal memory or the other way around, I've tried a few file manager app (apk), but can't seem to do this. 

And is anyone not in Japan using mora to download Hi Res music, I have successfully done this, but the out come is weird, using PC with IE or green browser I get the message for Japan only and can't get any further, but using the mora app on android it works, but I can't seem to find the location where the file is downloaded to on the ZX2, after the download or purchased from mora app I can go back to my PC and re-download the same files from my purchased section without any problem.

Anyone having the same issue.

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #6,043 of 14,755
I tried out FiiO L5 line out cable. I am getting very low level of signal to my O2 amp (as compared to previously owned DX90). Is that normal?
I just ordered a LOD for my ZX2 to connect to my ibasso D6, I hope it works out, the 3.5mm out works fine right now, will see if the LOD connection makes a difference, if not then it's $15 and another cable that will end up in my draw.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003UCI2CI/ref=yo_ii_img

Update, I just cancelled the order.

Jun 21, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #6,044 of 14,755
I'm here to join the club, got my ZX2 a week ago from Japan along with many accessories.

My unit is Japan version, and using it for a week whiles in Japan I have a few questions, and hopefully some one can help out.

1 I have a update message as soon as the unit was turned on, but haven't updated yet, is it safe to update, or is it best to stay on the current version.

2 On the home screen we can slide either way 5 section, is there anyway to reduce this, I know on a Samsung you can do it, but can't seem to figure it out on the ZX2.

3 Is there anyway to transfer media from card to internal memory or the other way around, I've tried a few file manager app (apk), but can't seem to do this. 

And is anyone not in Japan using mora to download Hi Res music, I have successfully done this, but the out come is weird, using PC with IE or green browser I get the message for Japan only and can't get any further, but using the mora app on android it works, but I can't seem to find the location where the file is downloaded to on the ZX2, after the download or purchased from mora app I can go back to my PC and re-download the same files from my purchased section without any problem.

Anyone having the same issue.

1. No reason not to update.
2. The sections are part of the home screen / launcher app. You have many highly configurable options on Android, including launchers from Google, Apex, and Nova. I only have one home screen one initial app drawer screen (on my phone, however, I have many screens and widgets).
3. I just tested file management between internal and external memory. ES File Explorer works. If Android is new to you, bear in mind that internal is usually labelled SD Card too. In this case internal is sdcard0 and external is sdcard1.

Jun 21, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #6,045 of 14,755
Has any one with the most recent firmware build 1.01 been able to get the volume output trick to work? I can't seem to....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back