SONY NW-ZX2
May 10, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #5,146 of 14,755
Yesterday I spent around 20 hours in flight getting home back from Australia (...where I bought my ZX2!) with the "jewel" playing all the time........what say, you would never stop it for all that amount of sensations it gives you discovering such musical details you never listen before .....or may be possible just trough your hi end home system.
All this, in a portable gear, available 24h, with no wife screaming for the volume level ........has no price!!.....
Thanks Sony and  thanks Sennheiser (for making the amazing IE800) because yours masterpieces  really make me enjoying the Music! I know, they costs a lot, but to me worth the investment.

....going to 40 hours of play, can't wait for 200 and more to listen how much the SQ  will improve!

May 10, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #5,148 of 14,755
Is there anyway to have a playlist that both the PC and Walkman App can edit? Its extremely irritating that i have to do it manually over the pc importing my new highly rated/ favourited songs to my pc playlist every single time ._. ... 

Or an alternative app that is able to playback hires and still retain the SQ of walkman app? ( i dont use the SFX or EQ or whatnot )

May 10, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #5,151 of 14,755
  I don't understand people.They are selling used devices like new one.İn the amazon zx2 is 1000$.Used ones are same price in the head-fi.How can it be ?

yeah i laugh when people post their gears for nearly the same price as new ones

what a joke, at least 30% should be cut if an item has been used even for 1 day, thats how it is with used stuff u always have to fathom the concept that its used even if it was for 1 hour

why in earth would i pay 980 usd for zx2 for a used one, and on price japan i can get a brand new one for less, what a joke

when u buy a brand new car, after a day try to sell it and u will see what offer u get

be realistic people when u sell used stuff make reasonable prices so we do not laugh at your prices

May 10, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #5,152 of 14,755
  I don't understand people.They are selling used devices like new one.İn the amazon zx2 is 1000$.Used ones are same price in the head-fi.How can it be ?

A lot of seller's gear is very personal to them, and it seems "for sale by owner" prices always lean towards the high end. Makes no sense when you can buy new for the same price, however.  Of course, the items for sale often stay listed for a really long time until they really want to sell them.  On the other hand, the good thing about buying on Head-Fi is that you get mostly gear that has been well tended by their owners.  It always comes down to, how badly do you want it, and how badly do they want to sell it.

May 10, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #5,153 of 14,755
for a used zx2 i would not pay more than 700 usd, why would i pay more, as there is always the feeling its used, and when u want to sell a used item sometimes people ask for receipt and such

anyway soon within 1 month u will see prices for used zx2 between 600 and 700 usd

May 10, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #5,154 of 14,755

yeah i laugh when people post their gears for nearly the same price as new ones

what a joke, at least 30% should be cut if an item has been used even for 1 day, thats how it is with used stuff u always have to fathom the concept that its used even if it was for 1 hour

why in earth would i pay 980 usd for zx2 for a used one, and on price japan i can get a brand new one for less, what a joke

when u buy a brand new car, after a day try to sell it and u will see what offer u get

be realistic people when u sell used stuff make reasonable prices so we do not laugh at your prices

The market place determines pricing. If an individual asks too much it won't sell. In the case of the ZX2, used prices are really yet to be determined so I think you need to temper your comments about asking and selling prices at this point.

May 10, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #5,155 of 14,755
I don't think it has to deal with how personal an item is to them at all. It's a matter of not losing money, plain and simple. I agree some of the used prices are a little off, but like said it will adjust accordingly.

I've seen items, used selling for more than new, reasoning was that they paid more when they purchased it. I don't understand some reasons for the silly prices, but I certainly wouldn't buy a used item without a reasonable discount. It's pointless.

Regardless, and more on topic, my zx2 will be here Tuesday and I am very excited. Very interested if it will sound different to my ears than my AK240.

May 10, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #5,158 of 14,755
I don't think it has to deal with how personal an item is to them at all. It's a matter of not losing money, plain and simple. I agree some of the used prices are a little off, but like said it will adjust accordingly.

I've seen items, used selling for more than new, reasoning was that they paid more when they purchased it. I don't understand some reasons for the silly prices, but I certainly wouldn't buy a used item without a reasonable discount. It's pointless.

Regardless, and more on topic, my zx2 will be here Tuesday and I am very excited. Very interested if it will sound different to my ears than my AK240.

did u read that there is a new ak380, do u think it will priced 4000 usd :)

i am so excited u r getting the zx2 so we can do our own testings :)

of course i understand that maybe the seller paid  more than 980 usd, but for me a used item is a used item, at a point i was offered a great deal on rwak240+ which is the plus upgrade that costs 3300 usd and i was offered 2200 usd, i was about to get it, now that was a good offer

i am still also waiting for a great offer on a roxanne but the lowest offer i got was 1000 usd so i will wait a bit more or will look eslewhere

May 10, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #5,159 of 14,755
May 10, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #5,160 of 14,755
  Technically speaking, a used ZX2 offers a better sound quality due to the burn in period. It should thus be sold for more than the asking price. 

It could also have been met with static charges, line spikes and other electrical shocks.
Stuff one can never see from a perfectly mint looking body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back