SONY NW-ZX2
Apr 26, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #4,801 of 14,755
Hi guys, did a quick search on the thread before deciding to drop a question.

Where can I find cases/covers/tempered glass protectors for the zx2? Also if someone could provide them in a list that'd be really helpful-

From what i've read there's

Covers/Cases : RayOut, Cruzerlight

Tempered Glass Screen Protector : Benks, Gramas.

Are there any others?

Would like to purchase them before the arrival of my zx2-

Also does the zx2 improve with an amp? for iems (eg. Noble K10) that is.

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #4,802 of 14,755
I like this screen protector, it's plastic, but the coating is very hard, and your finger prints don't stick because the surface is super slippery.
" A quick tip" , when installing the protector, clear all the dust first. Because the surface is so slippery there's no way of lifting it, once in place to clean any dust. (I ended up damaging a corner trying to lift it back up)
But I'll order another a few months, so I feel I got some use our of it Also the optics are good, it seems like it doesn't block screen clarity.

Great product: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321701379587&alt=web

Apr 26, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #4,803 of 14,755
For those who needs to know, the super expensive pouch case on Sony's site has gone down in price.

Apr 26, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #4,804 of 14,755
Hello everyone!!
since this jewel was announced I'm reading reviews and impressions........and today I couldn't resist and I got mine!
Right now it's performing the famous burn in and at the same time I'm enjoying its stunning performance trough my Sennheiser ie800.
I can  confirm the perfect pairing with this in-ear model, no kind of issue concerning the maximum  volume level or sort of hiss.
It's running since around six hours and the SQ is truly good...how much it will be better  200 hours beyond??......

Apr 26, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #4,805 of 14,755
Hello everyone!!

since this jewel was announced I'm reading reviews and impressions........and today I couldn't resist and I got mine!
Right now it's performing the famous burn in and at the same time I'm enjoying its stunning performance trough my Sennheiser ie800.

I can  confirm the perfect pairing with this in-ear model, no kind of issue concerning the maximum  volume level or sort of hiss.

It's running since around six hours and the SQ is truly good...how much it will be better  200 hours beyond??......

Don't be too concerned around the 20-50 hour mark, for me the really bright highs I heard at the start almost vanished through that phase. I'm just approaching 100 hrs now and it's really opening up and coming back in to balance.

Apr 26, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #4,806 of 14,755

Don't be too concerned around the 20-50 hour mark, for me the really bright highs I heard at the start almost vanished through that phase. I'm just approaching 100 hrs now and it's really opening up and coming back in to balance.

...very happy to hear about this!!.....thus I plan to stay awake overnight watching over the "baby"
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #4,807 of 14,755
I like this screen protector, it's plastic, but the coating is very hard, and your finger prints don't stick because the surface is super slippery.
" A quick tip" , when installing the protector, clear all the dust first. Because the surface is so slippery there's no way of lifting it, once in place to clean any dust. (I ended up damaging a corner trying to lift it back up)
But I'll order another a few months, so I feel I got some use our of it Also the optics are good, it seems like it doesn't block screen clarity.

Great product: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321701379587&alt=web

I bought both this one and a 9H glass protector. I installed the liphobia first and Im quite happy with it, no need to move to the glass one yet...

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #4,808 of 14,755

...very happy to hear about this!!.....thus I plan to stay awake overnight watching over the "baby"
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif

nah... it will get worse after 120hrs and then begin to bloom at around 200 but IMO you really can hear it in full bloom at around 250. One must suffer before experiencing true enjoyment
cool.gif

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #4,809 of 14,755

nah... it will get worse after 120hrs and then begin to bloom at around 200 but IMO you really can hear it in full bloom at around 250. One must suffer before experiencing true enjoyment
cool.gif

bigsmile_face.gif
bigsmile_face.gif
bigsmile_face.gif
bigsmile_face.gif
 .....tthe path to the heaven seems to be little bit complicated....but it worth!!..
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #4,810 of 14,755

Great product: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321701379587&alt=web

Quote:

I bought both this one and a 9H glass protector. I installed the liphobia first and Im quite happy with it, no need to move to the glass one yet...

I bought the liphobia as well after reviewing many comments on this thread and elsewhere. It's a great screen protector, but as audioxxx reported one bit of dust and the resulting air bubbles are impossible to remove. I ordered another set (the package comes with two) and will ask my wife to apply the next one. She does a fine job in applying these things, and I have two strikes. 

Apr 26, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #4,811 of 14,755
nah... it will get worse after 120hrs and then begin to bloom at around 200 but IMO you really can hear it in full bloom at around 250. One must suffer before experiencing true enjoyment :cool:

I have experienced the same bloom at around 250hrs as well. It's a very good change at this point.
I think the zx2 shouldn't be auditioned, and reviewed, until it's reached this critical break in point.
It will change the way you perceive the DAP.

Apr 26, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #4,812 of 14,755
I bought the liphobia as well after reviewing many comments on this thread and elsewhere. It's a great screen protector, but as audioxxx reported one bit of dust and the resulting air bubbles are impossible to remove. I ordered another set (the package comes with two) and will ask my wife to apply the next one. She does a fine job in applying these things, and I have two strikes. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same, and asked the Mrs already to put it on. Haha.
By the way, there are 2 pieces of plastic in the kit. One is a practice piece of plastic, not a real Liphobia version, I think the practice one created static electricity and attracted dust, probably best to not use it. (or wait for a bit to use the real one)
Also the cloth provided leaves dust, best to use a different, new cleaning cloth with no bits from the cut edge, and clean the screen with isopropyl medical swab, to remove oils first.

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #4,813 of 14,755
^ I have the solution to this dust problem, when my new screen protector arrives from Korea. I'm going to take it to an optometrest to install it, and have the professionals fit it, in their dust free, anti static both.

Apr 26, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #4,814 of 14,755
Mmm.. Guess i'm going with this when it releases -

http://blog.naver.com/PostList.nhn?blogId=dignis&from=postList&categoryNo=59

and probably Liphobia Screen Protector... like many recommends :x

Apr 26, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #4,815 of 14,755
Yeah, I was thinking the same, and asked the Mrs already to put it on. Haha.
By the way, there are 2 pieces of plastic in the kit. One is a practice piece of plastic, not a real Liphobia version, I think the practice one created static electricity and attracted dust, probably best to not use it. (or wait for a bit to use the real one)
Also the cloth provided leaves dust, best to use a different, new cleaning cloth with no bits from the cut edge, and clean the screen with isopropyl medical swab, to remove oils first.

I didn't realize the second screen protector was for practice (maybe that is why I have the the air bubbles). Had a hard time with the directions (as it's mostly in Korean). There is a video off the product page on how to apply the screen protector, but it seems more generic than product specific. I'll be more careful when my replacement arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back