SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 28, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #3,751 of 14,755
Just wanted to give a heads up. Just got off the phone with Sony (USA) site and purchased a 3 years spills and all extended warranty for 59$ plus tax . Was simple over the phone. I purchased mine from Crutchfield this week. No questions asked and they emailed me the purchase receipt and doc. I had worried since I did not purchase it from them there would be issue, but there was none. Did not even need to give the SN . Just told them I purchased from Crutchfield this week. Done in 5 min...

I am so worried about dropping this or it having a malfunction and 59$ is to me a bargain for the piece of mind. :D

Just wanted to put that out there for any others that might be thinking about it.

Kip

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #3,752 of 14,755
Its a great DAP, it's giving me some great tunes time,very realistic, I need a good quality glass screen protector as well.
Post your source, if you find a good seller. Thanks.

As i've been trying to stay away from Taobao the only other source of Garmas glass protectors i've been able to locate is here:
"http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/threeh/2bb7oglrxm.html" then purchase through one of the Buyee agents.
hope this helps

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #3,753 of 14,755
^@D4dog
Thanks, I was hoping to just press the buy it now button.
I'll even pay a bit more for the privilege, it's not available on eBay, that I can find anyway. But I have a cheap plastic film on it, and can wait now for the glass.
If does come up for sale without having to forward ship, please let us know.

Mar 28, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #3,754 of 14,755
Just wanted to give a heads up. Just got off the phone with Sony (USA) site and purchased a 3 years spills and all extended warranty for 59$ plus tax . Was simple over the phone. I purchased mine from Crutchfield this week. No questions asked and they emailed me the purchase receipt and doc. I had worried since I did not purchase it from them there would be issue, but there was none. Did not even need to give the SN . Just told them I purchased from Crutchfield this week. Done in 5 min...

I am so worried about dropping this or it having a malfunction and 59$ is to me a bargain for the piece of mind.
biggrin.gif

Just wanted to put that out there for any others that might be thinking about it.

Kip

I called. for the extended 3 year with accidental damage it is 79.99. The prices varied depending upon the coverage and whether 2 or 3 years.  I asked if it mattered where I bought it and they said no, just have the receipt. 

Mar 28, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #3,755 of 14,755

I am so worried about dropping this or it having a malfunction and 59$ is to me a bargain for the piece of mind. :D

Kip

Going to ring Sony (AUSTRALIA) tomorrow, the same extended warranty here is $200.00, but I will try ring them directly and see if the same deal is available on the phone, (I dought it tho), the extended warranty would ease my mind as well.

Mar 28, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #3,756 of 14,755

Kip
T Thanks thats the route I will go when I make my purchase. Small high end portable.....insurance!

Mar 28, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #3,757 of 14,755
It takes forever to transfer 256gb of music!!!! Sony should have used usb3 interface

Mar 28, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #3,758 of 14,755
Well I guess I was misguided about the Z7 because if you remember back before its release it was unveiled with the A17 dap and Z5 IEM. My initial thought was A17 could drive the Z7.
When I plugged in the Z7 for the first time to the A17 I had to increase the volume to 80-90% maximum. I have the ZX1 and the same result. I need to amp to get this to drive properly unlike V6 where it's as usual at 10% of maximum.
I would love a dap to just drive the z7 without any amp required.
Anyways I will be getting this sooner or later as I crave Sony sound:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
/Shrug

These can't drive big cans, but they're apparently good enough for iEMS,and of course, you need a lot of storage for all that hi-res music. So even if you amp with the pha3, you won't always want to lug that thing around.

That's the only way I can "justify" this $1200 Walkman.

Unless somebody makes some thing just as powerful for like 300 bucks.

It's as logical as anything else in the constant search for audio nirvana that is our commonly held disease of audiophilia. And all of these CAN be driven; but it's always how they sound to us, isn't it?

Mar 28, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #3,762 of 14,755
I called. for the extended 3 year with accidental damage it is 79.99. The prices varied depending upon the coverage and whether 2 or 3 years.  I asked if it mattered where I bought it and they said no, just have the receipt. 

Sorry for the big posting pic, new at this... Not to dispute what you were told. I was under same I pression. Here is a copy of the receipt for the warranty . They said it was also covered for accidental occurrence as well.
They just sent email stating it was on its way.
Regards,
Kip

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #3,763 of 14,755
^@D4dog
Thanks, I was hoping to just press the buy it now button.
I'll even pay a bit more for the privilege, it's not available on eBay, that I can find anyway. But I have a cheap plastic film on it, and can wait now for the glass.
If does come up for sale without having to forward ship, please let us know.

Just google for garmas glass and a whole bunch of them will pop up that ship international. 

Which country are you from.

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #3,764 of 14,755
I've just spent a couple hours on this thread after having returned from a trip to Japan where I picked up a NW-ZX2 after auditioning it at Yodobashi in Osaka. I had no plans to buy one  but I was blown away, even in the store, by the wonderful warm sound the unit put out. Between that, no tax, and the great exchange rate and discount for using my Visa card (weird, would've thought cash would be a discount incentive but Visa had a promotion going on) I snapped one up. Charged it full, dumped a bunch of hi res tracks on the internal storage, and listened to it non stop for almost 10 hours on the return flight. Paired with my Westone 4R's I experienced ZERO fatigue as I have with my AK100 (with Audio Glove A1) and heard a level of resolution and warmth I've not associated with any of my digital devices before. The build quality is excellent and the UI is very easy to understand even though I've never used an Android device before. I found the UI responsive, intuitive, and pretty snappy.

Spent time last night with my HD650's plugged in. These take more power than my Westone's and I found I needed to turn up the volume almost all the way to get to the level I wanted, which was loud but not ear bleedingly loud. But considering I'll be using this mostly for travel, and I travel with IEM's, the ZX2 has plenty of power. I cannot overstate how plain good this DAP sounds. Warm, revealing, engaging, and rich. You can listen to it for hours getting lost in the music. Having tried the latest offerings from AK I couldn't justify the price tag based on the looks and the sound I experienced which is why I stuck with my 100 until now.

I urge anyone considering buying the ZX2 to give it a listen. 

Thanks to kip999 for the heads up on the extended warranty. I just bought the 3 year plan for 59.99 through the Sony USA web site.

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #3,765 of 14,755
  I've just spent a couple hours on this thread after having returned from a trip to Japan where I picked up a NW-ZX2 after auditioning it at Yodobashi in Osaka. I had no plans to buy one  but I was blown away, even in the store, by the wonderful warm sound the unit put out. Between that, no tax, and the great exchange rate and discount for using my Visa card (weird, would've thought cash would be a discount incentive but Visa had a promotion going on) I snapped one up. Charged it full, dumped a bunch of hi res tracks on the internal storage, and listened to it non stop for almost 10 hours on the return flight. Paired with my Westone 4R's I experienced ZERO fatigue as I have with my AK100 (with Audio Glove A1) and heard a level of resolution and warmth I've not associated with any of my digital devices before. The build quality is excellent and the UI is very easy to understand even though I've never used an Android device before. I found the UI responsive, intuitive, and pretty snappy.

Spent time last night with my HD650's plugged in. These take more power than my Westone's and I found I needed to turn up the volume almost all the way to get to the level I wanted, which was loud but not ear bleedingly loud. But considering I'll be using this mostly for travel, and I travel with IEM's, the ZX2 has plenty of power. I cannot overstate how plain good this DAP sounds. Warm, revealing, engaging, and rich. You can listen to it for hours getting lost in the music. Having tried the latest offerings from AK I couldn't justify the price tag based on the looks and the sound I experienced which is why I stuck with my 100 until now.

I urge anyone considering buying the ZX2 to give it a listen. 

Thanks to kip999 for the heads up on the extended warranty. I just bought the 3 year plan for 59.99 through the Sony USA web site.

what was the cost at Yodobashi, at BIC Camera you can get a discount coupon with tax free and a extra 6% off, you just need to go to BIC Camera Facebook and like it.

https://www.facebook.com/biccamera.english?fref=ts

They also have a Chinese link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back