SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 12, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #468 of 14,755
You got to try ZX2 in a retailer store during CES when the product isn't even released yet. I wish I can score this ZX2 at a great price.
Mim, envision it for me and no more wild dreams.

Some Asian countries get demo units ahead time before release for testing, I remember when Sony released the ZX1 and those XBA 1/2/3/4 series IEM, it was available for people to test in those headphone shops a good few weeks before release date.
It was for personal testing and pre order, but without price released.

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #469 of 14,755
  I'm pretty sure half the people here have no memory of what music sounds like.  They're too busy listening to their players to have time spare to listen to music.

Nice of you to presume to know what we're all doing.

Thanks.

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #470 of 14,755
I don't recall typing "all" anywhere, but when people are spending their time listening to solder then I think my point is valid, even if you don't agree 
smile.gif

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #471 of 14,755
Jan 12, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #472 of 14,755
Actually, I think it's rather shoddy that Sony are gold-plating the chassis, but not gold-plating the solder joints.

I think that's a deal-breaker
rolleyes.gif

Jan 12, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #473 of 14,755
I don't recall typing "all" anywhere, but when people are spending their time listening to solder then I think my point is valid, even if you don't agree :smile: .

Listening to solder. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Perfect name for a new forum! Why bother calling it zx2? 'the Sony Solder' is a lot catchier. I have to agree about the listening to players over listening to music. It's what headfi is all about. I once went into a small used record store and mentioned something about flacs or cleaning up records with software, searching for the best sound, and the owner, who was slightly drunk, would have none of it. He got visibly angry, stumbled over to the turntable, slapped down the needle with a screech, and yelled, "Just put the record on and listen to the music!" He had a point.

Jan 12, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #475 of 14,755
Listening to solder. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Perfect name for a new forum! Why bother calling it zx2? 'the Sony Solder' is a lot catchier. I have to agree about the listening to players over listening to music. It's what headfi is all about. I once went into a small used record store and mentioned something about flacs or cleaning up records with software, searching for the best sound, and the owner, who was slightly drunk, would have none of it. He got visibly angry, stumbled over to the turntable, slapped down the needle with a screech, and yelled, "Just put the record on and listen to the music!" He had a point.

this make me laughed loudly 
bigsmile_face.gif
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 12, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #477 of 14,755

Like I said in my post, time for a little distraction, nothing less nothing more.

may be Sony PCM-D100 is more interesting option with its 5 band eq. and clear bass too like walkmans & more powerful output power 25 + 25 mw (or more as sony stated ) as i remember
rolleyes.gif
 & with optical out too
now it is tempting to me to jump first  ! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #478 of 14,755
  I don't recall typing "all" anywhere, but when people are spending their time listening to solder then I think my point is valid, even if you don't agree 
smile.gif

You do realize the two hobbies of listening to hardware and listening to music can coexist right? When I'm specifically listening out for differences between cables, solder or opamps etc, that's all I'm doing, its a whole other hobby besides music for me, get over it. Then when I'm listening to my music, that's all I'm doing, I'm enjoying the music, I am not thinking about the hardware 24/7 like some kind of junkie lol. Not so complicated is it. Music and tech/hardware are completely different hobbies that can coexist.

Jan 12, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #479 of 14,755

You do realize the two hobbies of listening to hardware and listening to music can coexist right? When I'm specifically listening out for differences between cables, solder or opamps etc, that's all I'm doing, its a whole other hobby besides music for me, get over it. Then when I'm listening to my music, that's all I'm doing, I'm enjoying the music, I am not thinking about the hardware 24/7 like some kind of junkie lol. Not so complicated is it. Music and tech/hardware are completely different hobbies that can coexist.

Well be careful with that, cause listening to equipment is pretty much the definition of hardcore audiophiledom. If you managed to strike a balance between that and music enjoyment, you're pretty much a legend!

Jan 12, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #480 of 14,755

If it enhances someone's enjoyment of music, Im cool with that.  

I'm pretty sure half the people here have no memory of what music sounds like.  They're too busy listening to their players to have time spare to listen to music.

it's a strawman argument, obviously it works fine when you don't look too much into it as you even have support for posting. but that doesn't make it less of what it is. you don't blame people for still breathing while listening to music right? or maybe we should hold our breath out of respect for the love of music? maybe that's why songs usually don't go past 3mn. maybe I've been missing out on something with my lousy breathing while I listen to music.
biggrin.gif

you're trying to impose some weird idea that music has to be an exclusive activity, then criticize others based on that false argument.
if we had to follow up on your thinking, then it's really lame to consider portable gear. I mean you're going to be too busy walking to have time spare to listen to music.
see what I'm doing here?
wink.gif

if having special soldering and a collection of ceramic cats on a shelf helps some reaching even more fun with music, real or invented, then they should do it. that's nothing to you, nothing to me, so what's the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back