SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 4, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #14,326 of 14,755
I have finally switch my XBA-A3 stock cable to a new 8-core copper cable with a 2.5mm balanced jack. I then plug it into a 2.5mm balanced to 3.5mm balanced jack before going into the ZX2.
Honestly, my ears is not sensitive enough to differentiate between 3.5mm unbalanced with this new setup, apart from I did noticed wider sound stage on the lows which I believed is due to the new copper cable. :beyersmile::ksc75smile:

For me the TRRS makes a huge difference, especially with my Mitchel & Johnson MJ2 headphones. While they sound okay with the unbalanced cable, they sound a class better when going for the Sony NW-ZX2 TRRS.

Jan 5, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #14,327 of 14,755
For me the TRRS makes a huge difference, especially with my Mitchel & Johnson MJ2 headphones. While they sound okay with the unbalanced cable, they sound a class better when going for the Sony NW-ZX2 TRRS.
I agree, I have my MDR-EX1000 with a TRRS cable, it's a new experiences.

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #14,328 of 14,755
Hey guys,

I'm picking up an used ZX2, but I elected not to have the version of Tidal on the unit (I just want to focus on local files). If I want to add the older version of Tidal for myself in the future (and maybe Qobuz but slow), what are the APK file versions that I need for both of them?

Also I do have an UAAP License, but what older version of UAAP will run on the ZX2? I know I'll have to hunt down the APK file. Thanks.

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #14,330 of 14,755
Hey guys,

I'm picking up an used ZX2, but I elected not to have the version of Tidal on the unit (I just want to focus on local files). If I want to add the older version of Tidal for myself in the future (and maybe Qobuz but slow), what are the APK file versions that I need for both of them?

Also I do have an UAAP License, but what older version of UAAP will run on the ZX2? I know I'll have to hunt down the APK file. Thanks.

I have the older version of UAAP it works fine. I think I had to go back a couple of versions to find the one that worked.

Feb 21, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #14,331 of 14,755
I have bought a ZX2 after reading that it supports Tidal - but could not find a way to install the Tidal app as it says that it's incompatible with the device (older Android version)
Is there a way to still run the Tidal app on the ZX2?

Feb 21, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #14,332 of 14,755
I have bought a ZX2 after reading that it supports Tidal - but could not find a way to install the Tidal app as it says that it's incompatible with the device (older Android version)
Is there a way to still run the Tidal app on the ZX2?
You have to use the old version of Tidel, side upload and not through play store, if you search back it has been mentioned.

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #14,334 of 14,755
Open a browser on the ZX2 and search on "Tidal 1.16.0", or open this link.
Download and install the apk on the ZX2.
Awesome! Thanks, I will try when I get home!

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #14,335 of 14,755
I'm in the market for a Sony NW-ZX2. For those of you who already own one, would I be able to download apps like Tidal/Qobuz and stream MQA music offline by downloading them for later use while only using the respective apps' subscription services?

I can only tell my experiences with Qobuz and this is really bad. Sound quality of the Sony NW-ZX2 is stellar, but the process power is too low for streaming etc. I have now in addition a Fiio M9.

Feb 22, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #14,336 of 14,755
Mar 5, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #14,338 of 14,755
Picked up a ZX2 at a decent price downloaded tidal 1.8.7 and it works very well no lag and sounds great.
The best thing apart from the SQ is the DLNA function which is very fast and seamless with all the servers I use, even better than the Hiby R6 and AK 240.
Even though the android is fairly old as long as you limit your apps it is still a fantastic player.

Mar 7, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #14,339 of 14,755
Is anyone using a version of TIDAL that has the download button on the My Collection => Tracks list? If so, could you post the version number? The workaround is to create a playlist from the queue and then download the playlist, but direct support would be preferred.

Mar 7, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #14,340 of 14,755
Picked up a ZX2 at a decent price downloaded tidal 1.8.7 and it works very well no lag and sounds great.
The best thing apart from the SQ is the DLNA function which is very fast and seamless with all the servers I use, even better than the Hiby R6 and AK 240.
Even though the android is fairly old as long as you limit your apps it is still a fantastic player.
I’ve been cautious updating. FWIW just checked that I have Tidal version 2.2.5.752.1 and apparently it works fine.....And I still love my ZX2 :o2smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back