SONY NW-ZX2
Sep 17, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #13,066 of 14,773
OK thanks i will do that ...i was worried about the screen resolution being low but it is not at all it is bright and detailed...i tried to use other 3rd party apps for music i still like the stock app better so far

Yeah the choice of screen is good very bright and clear, with good colour as well, be careful with the front screen, it really needs a screen protector, ASAP.
I found the same thing that only the stock app had access to the high definition audio, and every other 3rd party app will be down converted.

Where my v10 can play hi resolution through several apps, so this is a bit of a let down really.

Sep 17, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #13,073 of 14,773
Lol, that was quick, I meant 846 Blue
biggrin.gif

Hahaha

Sep 17, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #13,074 of 14,773
I'd go for the Solar with the silver/gold cable 4 core. Great IEM's, put JVC spiral dots on them as well, and they take them to a new level.

The spiral dots seem to balance them out, and turn the clear bass up to 6.
If you like deep bass.
I'll give you a tip, if you ask for a deal on the cable, when you order the Solar IEM's, Sam just might do you a great deal.

Sep 17, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #13,075 of 14,773
I run my ZX2 with the Sennheiser IE800, one the best performance I ever had, outstanding for soundstage, details, everything! You just have to take care about the right fitting/sealing in your ears, spend some time selecting the right tips and you'll be literally impressed by them!

Sep 17, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #13,076 of 14,773
  I run my ZX2 with the Sennheiser IE800, one the best performance I ever had, outstanding for soundstage, details, everything! You just have to take care about the right fitting/sealing in your ears, spend some time selecting the right tips and you'll be literally impressed by them!

It's a good combo but you're not going to get the maximum potential of ZX2 because ie800 lacks detachable cables to take advantage of trrs.Anyway soon all this is gonna be old news with the new high end walkmans and we're all be trying to find 4.4mm cable makers for our iems once the first few guys here get their hands on the new nw wm1A/Z series and start getting poetic about the sound and how it blows ZX2 away, i can see it like a vision from the future.

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #13,077 of 14,773
  ...once the first few guys here get their hands on the new nw wm1A/Z series and start getting poetic about the sound and how it blows ZX2 away, i can see it like a vision from the future.

That is hilarious.  Aren't we just like sheep?

popcorn.gif

Sep 17, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #13,078 of 14,773
It's a good combo but you're not going to get the maximum potential of ZX2 because ie800 lacks detachable cables to take advantage of trrs.Anyway soon all this is gonna be old news with the new high end walkmans and we're all be trying to find 4.4mm cable makers for our iems once the first few guys here get their hands on the new nw wm1A/Z series and start getting poetic about the sound and how it blows ZX2 away, i can see it like a vision from the future.

I certainly don't expect the new players to blow away the ZX2, but perhaps a little better

Sep 17, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #13,079 of 14,773
Probably not even that, but still can almost guarantee that most who own one if the new players will say there's a huge indifference and everyone must switch over. I'm sure I'll get one,but that's just because I like to try everything....that's my disease lol.

Sep 17, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #13,080 of 14,773
I certainly don't expect the new players to blow away the ZX2, but perhaps a little better

You never know unless you try it. Value/performances/pricing ratio are all decided upon a person wills and determinations. Zx2 still has it own grounds as an Android OS device, and still having high-end build inside itself.

I see people who loves Androi streaming and on the go with in ear buds or custom buds will still crave for Zx2. Then I see people who wants more battery use time, balanced connection with some more power with no need for wifi, they will pick up 1A.

I am driving efficient headphones and so I am thinking A or Z is a very good choice :D. Even though I have Pha-3 now, but it is not as portable due to the Interconnect cables. It is easier to be transportable, bring it with me and only listen when sit down. On the go with full size headphone gotta be A or Z though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back