SONY NW-ZX2
May 23, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #11,731 of 14,773
  Just got my W60 today. It sounds a bit too warm at the beginning. After playing with the EQ on my ZX2, with +5 on 2.5kHz and 6kHz and +7 on 16kHz frequencies, I got a very decent sound. While having the warm character, it also getting plenty of mids and highs.
Let's see how it goes after letting it burn in after the coming few days. =)

I was surprised how well the EQ can improve the sound on the earphone!

I am also a EQ player of ZX2.

See many ZX2 users in this thread like listening without EQ or using the sound enhancement hack, but I like playing with EQ. The EQ does not make the sound quality digital, it enhances naturally and make my CA Lyra really shines!

May 23, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #11,732 of 14,773
I just got myself a 200gb ad card for the zx2 I have a question though.
It only shows 183gb available on the zx2 when I put it in, anyone ells experienced this ?

No storage device has the "quoted" capacity in actual storage space. All cards will show less in useable storage capacity versus their headline maximum - its just the bigger their capacity the more noticeable the difference is. Its the same for hard disks on your computer. Click here for  an in depth explanation.

May 23, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #11,733 of 14,773
Ordered a few spare glass protector below, including a benks brand that I have on my ZX2 which is very good, but the seller sent a alternative of a different brand two piece to cover the cost of the benks that is twice the price, although not benks, it's very thin, and you can bend it without it breaking, and I complaint asking for a refund to the site, and less than an hour, the seller has refunded me the full amount, and hasn't ask for the return of the protector.

May 25, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #11,734 of 14,773
I think the light is now getting much brighter. I've put nearly 50 hours on the ZX2 over the last 5 days. Added to what I had already put on it, and what the previous owner had contributed - I think I'm well through the 100 hour mark. The sound is definitely better - and to be honest is very pleasing with the IE800's. I plan to keep going for another 10 days (that'll be a minimum of another 70 hours but probably closer to 100), and then do a direct like for like comparison with the P1  (which I have deliberately not picked up since I started this crazy burn-in). I've gone through bass city, to no bass - to loosing most of an orchestra (careless I know) and various other oddities along the way. Still, perhaps those capacitors have finally figured out what they are there for and are now doing their thing - entertaining times ahead methinks!

May 25, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #11,737 of 14,773
I'm glad I got @proedros used zx2 then I don't have to do burn in
smily_headphones1.gif

....you dodged a bullet there!!! Not saying the experience hasn't been entertaining, but the process has at times mangled some really, really nice music. I don't understand why Sony didn't include a software countdown timer though; it would have been easy enough to do. How many people have formed negative opinions beased upon a cursory listen I wonder??!!!

May 25, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #11,738 of 14,773

....you dodged a bullet there!!! Not saying the experience hasn't been entertaining, but the process has at times mangled some really, really nice music. I don't understand why Sony didn't include a software countdown timer though; it would have been easy enough to do. How many people have formed negative opinions beased upon a cursory listen I wonder??!!!

Zx2 is not the only thing....pha3 suffer the same problems. Now, I hope I don't need to burn in this....

May 26, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #11,739 of 14,773

Zx2 is not the only thing....pha3 suffer the same problems. Now, I hope I don't need to burn in this....

I'd be interested to hear whether you think cards such as this add anything to the mix. I can't convince myself that they do - but then again I've not tried one of them so I can't comment from a point of strength. And one thing I've learned about music reproduction over the years is the need to keep an open mind to new ideas.

May 28, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #11,744 of 14,773

I am also a EQ player of ZX2.

See many ZX2 users in this thread like listening without EQ or using the sound enhancement hack, but I like playing with EQ. The EQ does not make the sound quality digital, it enhances naturally and make my CA Lyra really shines!

I believe SQ is a very personal thing. And each headphone/IEM sounds different and fine tuning maybe needed to match a person's taste. Nevertheless, EQ in ZX2 seems to be quite good! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back