SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 31, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #11,176 of 14,773
I hope to pick up my new ZX2 today.  I sold my AK240 for this.  The musicality of the ZX2 is enjoyable and a good match for my gear.  I could have easily plodded along with my AK240 until the ZX3 came out but there is no guarantee it will sound the same.  It may sound better/worse/different.  Since the ZX2 has a sound I am specifically wanting, I saw no reason to wait.  If the ZX3 turns out to improve upon this sound and offer better UI and hardware, well then I will consider that purchase.  I won't feel bad if that happens tomorrow.  The ZX2 delivers what I want today.  Even between the AK players, there are significant difference in sound.  Even if you compare the AK120 to AK120ii, they sound different.  Many prefer the older one.  

Now for the dreaded burn-in....

Congrats! :) now skip the regular cable, and head on to balanced :)
Burn in's not so bad just keep it plugged and playing when you're doing something.

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #11,177 of 14,773
Congrats!
smily_headphones1.gif
now skip the regular cable, and head on to balanced
smily_headphones1.gif

Burn in's not so bad just keep it plugged and playing when you're doing something.

Ι doubt he can do that with kse1500,it's a special kind of snowflake.All he can do is disable sound enhancement apart from burn in.

Mar 31, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #11,178 of 14,773
Question-  I keep reading about disabling sound enhancements.  The clear audio and other settings were all off as the default.  It was a brand new and unopened unit.  Am I missing something?  I thought they would all be on by default based on what I had read.

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #11,179 of 14,773
Question-  I keep reading about disabling sound enhancements.  The clear audio and other settings were all off as the default.  It was a brand new and unopened unit.  Am I missing something?  I thought they would all be on by default based on what I had read.

Sound adjustment is an app, and even if it is brand new out of the box, the app is default and always present. You need to disabled it to get the best out of Zx2 including volume :D using stock player

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #11,180 of 14,773

Apps-All-Sound Adjustment,click disable.Also enable clear bass(it works most often than not this way),play a song and have vol at around 1/5 before disabling.The dynamics will change and treble will become crisper and sound more engaging.If it doesn't work the first time,enable sound adjustment again,restart player and try again.

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #11,181 of 14,773
When you say Clear bass, is this the -10 to +10 bass adjustment? Putting the knob in +1 will suffice? or i'll place a checkmark on the Clear Audio+? How about the DSEE HX?

EDI:
Found whitigir's previous post. No need to answer my question. Sorry. :)

Apr 1, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #11,182 of 14,773
When you say Clear bass, is this the -10 to +10 bass adjustment? Putting the knob in +1 will suffice? or i'll place a checkmark on the Clear Audio+? How about the DSEE HX?

EDI:
Found whitigir's previous post. No need to answer my question. Sorry. :)

I am Impressed that you found my posts :D. Did it help you out ?

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #11,183 of 14,773
Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum and ZX2 as well. This forum is an excellent resource for new users like me and I would really appreciate if someone can help with this... :)

My ZX2 seems to drain the battery quite soon. I had left WiFi "On" and was streaming "offline content" that I had downloaded from Tidal, which gave me around 4 hours of battery life after initial 100% charge. Then I tuned off WiFi and played normal mp3 file in loop, which gave me around 7 hours of battery life.

In my understanding I'm supposed to get battery life of 50+ hours with normal mp3 playback, while turning WiFi off. The same would be around 30 hours with Tidal (offline) high-fi music. Is that correct?

I would really appreciate any pointers that could help increase the battery life. I absolutely love the sound ZX2 produces and would hate to return the unit because of this battery issue. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? BTW, I have disabled sound settings app to improve the output volume, as someone suggested in an earlier post on this thread. Still I need to bump up volume to near 100% to let me hear music at decent volume level through my Bose QC25 (I know that's not good audiophile headphone but that's what I have right now because it gives me excellent noise cancellation in flight).

Thanks friends... please help if you can, I'd much appreciate it

Cheers!

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #11,184 of 14,773
Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum and ZX2 as well. This forum is an excellent resource for new users like me and I would really appreciate if someone can help with this... :)

My ZX2 seems to drain the battery quite soon. I had left WiFi "On" and was streaming "offline content" that I had downloaded from Tidal, which gave me around 4 hours of battery life after initial 100% charge. Then I tuned off WiFi and played normal mp3 file in loop, which gave me around 7 hours of battery life.

In my understanding I'm supposed to get battery life of 50+ hours with normal mp3 playback, while turning WiFi off. The same would be around 30 hours with Tidal (offline) high-fi music. Is that correct?

I would really appreciate any pointers that could help increase the battery life. I absolutely love the sound ZX2 produces and would hate to return the unit because of this battery issue. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? BTW, I have disabled sound settings app to improve the output volume, as someone suggested in an earlier post on this thread. Still I need to bump up volume to near 100% to let me hear music at decent volume level through my Bose QC25 (I know that's not good audiophile headphone but that's what I have right now because it gives me excellent noise cancellation in flight).

Cheers!

I have no idea what is going on for you. I also have wifi and sound enhancements turned of and get 20-25 hours playback on flac files. As for volume my JH13 needs about 10-15%, Signature Pro 15-20% and HE-500 planars about 40% to get decent volume from an EU unit

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #11,187 of 14,773
  Hi folks,

Cheers!

Go to settings and look at  your battery usage,maybe some app is draining your battery too much.Essentially you shouldn't have anything apart from device idle over 10-12%.Also lower screen brightness,that can help.Disabling the sound adjustment doesn't increase the overall volume output,you just get to there faster but SQ improves in certain aspects.

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #11,188 of 14,773
Ok thanks I will try putting it on airplane mode and see how it goes...

I'm unable to post image (probably new user restriction) but this is how my battery usage looks like:

8% - Charging (USB)
6h 18m 60s on battery

Device idle - 94%
Android system - 5%
Screen - 3%

This is from 100% charged state. Does this look odd? Maybe I have got a bad unit?

Hi nc800, I should probably buy new headphones... Which ones would you recommend out of the ones you have listed please? )JH13, Signature Pro, HE-500)?

Cheers

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #11,189 of 14,773

I'm unable to post image (probably new user restriction) but this is how my battery usage looks like:

8% - Charging (USB)
6h 18m 60s on battery

Device idle - 94%
Android system - 5%
Screen - 3%

This is from 100% charged state. Does this look odd? Maybe I have got a bad unit?

Hi nc800, I should probably buy new headphones... Which ones would you recommend out of the ones you have listed please? )JH13, Signature Pro, HE-500)?

Cheers

Totally depends on what you want (iem, closed, open) and there is so much choice out there. ZX2 does not really drive HE-500 all that well although it is useable. JH13 and Sig Pro work very well with ZX2

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #11,190 of 14,773

8% - Charging (USB)
6h 18m 60s on battery

Device idle - 94%
Android system - 5%
Screen - 3%

Cheers

Wifi on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back