SONY NW-ZX2
Nov 4, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #8,806 of 14,773
you are itching to try out Mojo , go on admit it :gs1000smile:  

i emailed chord today and asked them to ship some mojos to Greece , i intend to try mojo with my dx80 

i find it hard to justify using zx2 as a 1000$ transport, but on the other hand using dx80 as a mojo servant - well that's a completely different thing.....:rolleyes:

May want to try both when u have it on :D. Man, here I am rocking gonemad on zx2 and it keeps blowing my minds.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #8,807 of 14,773
what i got
biggrin.gif
 yesterday in the mail

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #8,809 of 14,773
Those cards are being offered free to anyone who purchase lg V10 phones from now til nov 13 :D. Congrats btw

Not really possible when they are offering it on first come first serve for registration with 388 pieces available , with millions of people in hong kong.

I was thinking of getting a V10 on feburary, dont have the money atm, need to contribute money to a friend for the next few months, its a shame, no chance in getting one.

On the other hand, price of the V10 could drop before February, so the drop in price could be part payment for the card.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #8,811 of 14,773
So how do you like the CDM with the ZX2? Does it bypass the audio circuitry (and change the sound signature) of the ZX2 when used together? I've been curious about the CDM for some time now, haven't had a chance to test it with mine. 

I can highly recommend the CDM with an iP (iP6 running Tidal). It's a bit less practical than a Hugo (and I guess Mojo) as it gets rather hot, the battery life isn't that long and the tubes can crackle a bigt while it's warming up (maybe my fault for installing them a bit heavy-handedly!) but the sound is absolutely fantastic. Best I've had in portable audio, with the right IEMs and with the right tubes installed for your preferred SQ flavour.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #8,812 of 14,773
I can highly recommend the CDM with an iP (iP6 running Tidal). It's a bit less practical than a Hugo (and I guess Mojo) as it gets rather hot, the battery life isn't that long and the tubes can crackle a bigt while it's warming up (maybe my fault for installing them a bit heavy-handedly!) but the sound is absolutely fantastic. Best I've had in portable audio, with the right IEMs and with the right tubes installed for your preferred SQ flavour.

I imagine it would be a big step up for most phones, however the ZX2 already sounds great to me by itself. I personally wouldn't want to get something that takes away from its sound quality. The CDM has been very interesting, but I'm not sure if it would be worth using with the ZX2.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #8,813 of 14,773
I imagine it would be a big step up for most phones, however the ZX2 already sounds great to me by itself. I personally wouldn't want to get something that takes away from its sound quality. The CDM has been very interesting, but I'm not sure if it would be worth using with the ZX2.

That's very fair. I'm working on the assumption that CDM plus iP beats a good DAP (e.g. It's better than my AK120, even when the AK is used with my Glove A1, which is very good sounding combo in itself, especially balanced out). I want a nice DAP (could be the Sony, I just happen to have gone for the Onkyo) so I can use it solo, not just as transport.

Nov 6, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #8,814 of 14,773
So how do you like the CDM with the ZX2? Does it bypass the audio circuitry (and change the sound signature) of the ZX2 when used together? I've been curious about the CDM for some time now, haven't had a chance to test it with mine. 

CDM alone can function as both with analog input and or digital input. You can use Zx2 as transport, or you can use it to amplify Zx2 analog signals to feed power hungry gears.

Nov 6, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #8,816 of 14,773
Damnit,it's reading things like these that make me hesitate to pull the trigger,or at least wait for the hype to die down.So many opinions and ears 
blink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-read-the-first-post-for-updated-info/4065
Who knew that X5 was better than ZX2?
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #8,817 of 14,773
Nov 6, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #8,818 of 14,773
X5 is better than zx2 ? Hmm, that is new. I think LG V10 will be better than ZX2 as well, since it also use ESS Sabres
biggrin.gif

Half joking of course,more in relation to the posted in  previous page of  ZX2 avforums review,where the reviewer and a user said mojo sounded better and more lively and now another member on mojo thread  finds X5 dac comparable to mojo after having them both,said he will write a review soon.Mostly killing time  waiting to go for beers in the evening 
smile.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #8,819 of 14,773
  Half joking of course,more in relation to the posted in  previous page of  ZX2 avforums review,where the reviewer and a user said mojo sounded better and more lively and now another member on mojo thread  finds X5 dac comparable to mojo after having them both,said he will write a review soon.Mostly killing time  waiting to go for beers in the evening 
smile.gif

with some woman company ? 
tongue.gif

i told you , come down to Athens and we can go audition mojo together 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back