SONY NW-ZX2
Nov 2, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #8,776 of 14,773

time - it takes like " a day"  to transfer more or less 300 files.... it use to take 30minutes..

and its easier to delete albums etc... it is a late 2013 mac 2.7ghz i5, my music files are in a different hard disk...

anyway it was faaaar faster with content transfer

am i the only one? 

Wow. That is way too long .. I have transferred about 15 GB in about 4 mins.. The one thing i have noticed in Mac if you open parallel copies it takes longer . My suggestion would be to copy all files in a single move .. Normally the way do it is .. I use CMD + Select file folders i need to move and move it on the player first in a common location on the player ( if they belong to different directories). This moved files faster. Once loaded on the player move them to the correct folders as you need. If you are moving folders new it is even simpler. Also you can overwrite or merge destination folders .. My advice copy all music in one shot and see if that improves performance

PS : I use macbook air 2012 version with i5 1,7 ghz processor so definitely slower than yours 

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #8,777 of 14,773
  Help.....

hello guys i am the only one using Mac with ZX2? My content transfer program stopped working after el captain upgrade..

i cannot find a solution and transferring files as a hard disk is long and not practical.

i wrote it before... i will write till i get help :) many tnx 

I have it supported in Dapper - www.map-pin.com/

Nov 2, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #8,778 of 14,773
After hours more listening, I think the differences are are there, I can't put pick it easily, not from a quick a and b check. But over an album the peaks in the treble seem smoother on gonemad, with the bass a little more controlled in gone mad.
However both players sound very good.
The biggest advantage is gonemad's user interface being a lot more logical and smoother to use than the Sony player. Album art just works.

Nov 2, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #8,779 of 14,773
After hours more listening, I think the differences are are there, I can't put pick it easily, not from a quick a and b check. But over an album the peaks in the treble seem smoother on gonemad, with the bass a little more controlled in gone mad.
However both players sound very good.
The biggest advantage is gonemad's user interface being a lot more logical and smoother to use than the Sony player. Album art just works.

Yes, now you are getting it :D. Gonemad is much more refined to me, and my gears. I understand about different ears, different gears, different hears....but to me, my gears, and ears, the gonemad is much better, and more refined than the Onkyo, the stock player is also good, but it needs the sound adjustment app disabled. Still, I would prefer gonemad first, and then Onkyo before the stock app

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #8,780 of 14,773
people should simply download the free versions , i mean it's not like you are going to pay 1000$ for some cool prestige colours....
rolleyes.gif

i have switched to onkyo , i am currently listening back and forth between gonemad/onkyo , the stock player has been relieved to an early retirement i guess 
dt880smile.png

oh and being finally able to see the covers artwork on the fly is a nice touch, especially considering that i didn't have to pay an extra 1000$ (here you go again) 
tongue.gif

and please , if anyone else has tried some other cool/free players , please let us know

the more , the merrier 
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #8,781 of 14,773
ZX2 on Angie sounds more refined (I think) with Gone Mad player. More neutral, but not flat.

Anyway, I think it is very nice attempt to make excellent music player and (IMHO) should be supported by purchase. I bought full version to encourage developer to go further with this nice player.

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #8,782 of 14,773
No DSD means no gonemad for me, about 10% of my library is DSD, I am not about to give up on them anytime soon...

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #8,783 of 14,773
I compared the gonemad against the stock player. I found out that the stock player provides a wider soundstage and a little flatter than the gonemad. I'm using my Legend Omega with Effect Audio Thor in TRRS during the comparison.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #8,786 of 14,773
Where do you source your DSD files?

I got them as rips of SACDs in Hong Kong and some Japanese music from ototoy.jp.
Also got some free downloads from http://bluecoastmusic.com/

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #8,787 of 14,773
Has anyone else purchased a WM Port to micro usb cable from Brimar Audio recently? Got mine through the post to connect the ZX2 with the Chord Mojo but whatever sequence I try to connect the 2 devices, I just cannot get it to work. I have sent Brimar an email to see if he has any ideas, but it is very frustrating.

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #8,788 of 14,773
  Has anyone else purchased a WM Port to micro usb cable from Brimar Audio recently? Got mine through the post to connect the ZX2 with the Chord Mojo but whatever sequence I try to connect the 2 devices, I just cannot get it to work. I have sent Brimar an email to see if he has any ideas, but it is very frustrating.

this photo was posted by @giovvanie, this is different than your cable, but i think he got it working

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #8,789 of 14,773

Wow - I was tempted to till Brimar told me the cable for the Mojo/Hugo is different from the one for the HA-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back