SONY NW-ZX2
Oct 23, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #8,448 of 14,773
I​ use a KEF M500 at this point, never plan to use IEM, can't stand anything inside my ear. I know it will be underpowered as my Blackberry Leap is at full power all the time with the KEF, and I assume the Leap outputs similar power but I can't confirm this.

This DAP the zx2 although only 15mw seems like a lot more, (could be the super capacitor installed) you may be surprised at the performance, saying this I would test it first, and see if it meets your volume requirements.
I would also avoid the capped Euro model.

Oct 23, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #8,449 of 14,773
I​ use a KEF M500 at this point, never plan to use IEM, can't stand anything inside my ear. I know it will be underpowered as my Blackberry Leap is at full power all the time with the KEF, and I assume the Leap outputs similar power but I can't confirm this.

I use M500s with my ZX2 (Japan model) and they sound fantastic. I never need to max the volume.

Oct 23, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #8,450 of 14,773
Well, I drive my Z7 with it....so if it means anything. Since someone would love to get a zx2. I will remind you of the following

1/ disable the sound enhencement app from the setting to get the purest sound quality from ZX2. Some Europe people is reporting that by doing this, the Euro Cap is removed

2/ do not use "Dynamic Normalizer" it sucks and ruin sound quality

3/ use TRRS whenever possible for the best sound quality in tonality and separation

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #8,451 of 14,773
Well, I drive my Z7 with it....so if it means anything. Since someone would love to get a zx2. I will remind you of the following

1/ disable the sound enhencement app from the setting to get the purest sound quality from ZX2. Some Europe people is reporting that by doing this, the Euro Cap is removed

3/ use TRRS whenever possible for the best sound quality in tonality and separation

1) i did , and it does sound cleaner/louder

2) i didn't, i don't , i won't

3) i just bought a silver dragon cable with TRRS for my incoming UM Miracles , i don't really believe in cables etc but it has the TRRS thing installed so what the heck - YOLO, let's see what happens

Oct 23, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #8,452 of 14,773
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #8,454 of 14,773
Full review on Zx2

http://www.head-fi.org/products/sony-walkman-nw-zx2-128gb-mp3-player-hi-res/reviews/14323

Great in depth review!

It really matches my own (far shorter) experience with the ZX2, you managed to put it into words :) Kudos !

Oct 23, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #8,455 of 14,773
Great in depth review!

It really matches my own (far shorter) experience with the ZX2, you managed to put it into words :) Kudos !

Thank you :wink:. Though it did really take me almost a year to put everything into words and confirmations about such a wonderful DAP :D. Pictures will be updated later tonight

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #8,456 of 14,773
Full review on Zx2

http://www.head-fi.org/products/sony-walkman-nw-zx2-128gb-mp3-player-hi-res/reviews/14323

Nice review. This is the first player that I've had which has kept me happy for a long period of time; it never ceases to put a smile on my face. Paired with my CE6Ps, it is an amazing sound with perfect unison.

There's one thing I always think of though and that's what Steven R. Rochlin said in his review about the Sony using some DSP magic to get it to sound this good. I wonder how much of a change that has made if any as it sounds pretty spot on to me tonally, and I have come from the Paw Gold which was a 'reference' class player. The Sony to me does a better job at presenting the music.

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #8,457 of 14,773
Does anyone know how to get deleted android apps back on the device ? I have deleted everything that I didn't use in order to conserve battery . I need to reinstall Spotify which means I need to get to the Google play store. I see that Google play store is running under apps, but there is no app icon on my main screen to actually turn it on . How do I get the icons Back?

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #8,458 of 14,773
Does anyone know how to get deleted android apps back on the device ? I have deleted everything that I didn't use in order to conserve battery . I need to reinstall Spotify which means I need to get to the Google play store. I see that Google play store is running under apps, but there is no app icon on my main screen to actually turn it on . How do I get the icons Back?

Go into settings and to Apps, then to All and you will be able to enable Google playstore from there.

Oct 23, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #8,459 of 14,773

Go into settings and to Apps, then to All and you will be able to enable Google playstore from there.

Also, be aware that you could still run into a situation where you might be able to launch the PlayStore, but nothing ever loads, or you get an error. If you come across something like that, you probably have one or more Google services disabled. If so, I would suggest temporarily starting every service that begins with, or contains the word "Google". Sometimes even then, a reboot can be necessary before you can get back into the store.

Oct 23, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #8,460 of 14,773

On my ZX2 (US model), I don't get the louder sound unless "Dynamic Normalizer" is turned on when I disable the Sound Adjustment app. Does this sound right to you?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back