SONY NW-ZX2
Oct 21, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #8,431 of 14,773
My dad is transferring his money from usa to mexico and the emxican IRS willc harge us liek 35% so he told us let's spend a little money.. Time to do my santa claus wish list

Dear Santa i've been a good boy :D  give me only those two items
  • Walkman ZX2
  • MDR-Z7
haha

You will definitely love this combo for sure :D

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #8,434 of 14,773
I doubt it would be available anytime soon
biggrin.gif
. Don't keep your hope up. The ZX2 only has 2GB of ram, and kick at is running like 1.3 gb constantly.......android is not that good in performance
wink.gif

Doubt they would update it anytime soon, yes. After all, it's not a phone, its a DAP. To be fair though, unless it's something to do with the audio firmware, don't see why we'd actually need it. You want fancy Android features, get a Nexus phone 
tongue.gif

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #8,435 of 14,773
If someone asked about the "Dynamic Normalizer" effect on the sound quality. Yes, it does. It makes the ZX2 warmer by nature, but it will also make complex bass distort in an ugly way....the crazy thing is that if you enable this feature and disable the enhancement app....it will still distort the complex deep bass.

So please! Do not.....tick the dynamic Normalizer

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #8,436 of 14,773
Thanks for the responses. Personally I've not had any issues at all with the software that's been on it since buying it. I guess I just like having the latest thing.

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #8,438 of 14,773
Doubt they would update it anytime soon, yes. After all, it's not a phone, its a DAP. To be fair though, unless it's something to do with the audio firmware, don't see why we'd actually need it. You want fancy Android features, get a Nexus phone :p

There are several very good reasons for them to do an update, such as balance, and playlists being able to reference songs both on internal and external storage to name just two..

Oct 22, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #8,440 of 14,773
There are several very good reasons for them to do an update, such as balance, and playlists being able to reference songs both on internal and external storage to name just two..

Balance? In what way? And I can see how playlists might be a thing (you can tell I don't use any, right 
tongue.gif
 ). And yes, I suppose a case could be made for custom updates to address specific things like that, rather than just updating to the latest release of Android. Wonder if Sony has any official statement on this, hmm...

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #8,442 of 14,773
He meant the balancing control of sound, left side volume and right side volume

D​oes this mean people find the ZX2 lacking in balance? I'm seriously considering the ZX2 (although it is terribly underpowered) or the L5 Pro which seems like a fantastic DAP (software issues aside). Anybody have thoughts on these two DAPs?

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #8,443 of 14,773
No this is a precisionly balanced DAP the zx2, (there's no imbalance at all) what Jeremy means is balance control, incase you have a damaged ear, you can increase the balance volume to the left or right.

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #8,444 of 14,773
D​oes this mean people find the ZX2 lacking in balance? I'm seriously considering the ZX2 (although it is terribly underpowered) or the L5 Pro which seems like a fantastic DAP (software issues aside). Anybody have thoughts on these two DAPs?

I think it depends on your needs, if you have a lot of iem's, with low power requirements and some easy to drive headphones the zx2 is good to go. To me it's a great DAP, loads of grunt. But that's just my opinion.

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #8,445 of 14,773
I think it depends on your needs, if you have a lot of iem's, with low power requirements and some easy to drive headphones the zx2 is good to go. To me it's a great DAP, loads of grunt. But that's just my opinion.

I​ use a KEF M500 at this point, never plan to use IEM, can't stand anything inside my ear. I know it will be underpowered as my Blackberry Leap is at full power all the time with the KEF, and I assume the Leap outputs similar power but I can't confirm this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back