SONY NW-ZX2
Sep 21, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #7,921 of 14,773
I do agree that Pure Solid Silver is the best, the only problem is that it might be quite fragile. 
If you pull the wire, it might break

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #7,922 of 14,773
Balance connection reduce hiss? because I have some hiss in 846 (not much but perceptibly)

What is best for 846? Black dragon or Silver dragon?

Double ground of TRRS should reduce hiss. I have Westone ES5 so can't talk about shure. black dragon adds warmth and enhances bass, silver dragon enhances the high for crisp sound. Choose based on what you iem's sound and what you need enhanced

Sep 22, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #7,923 of 14,773
This is a pretty noob question but anyone has tried using crystal cable instead of silver? I am planning to get a cable for my ciem. Im confused if will get the crystal or the silver one. and of course, it is terminated to 3.5mm TRRS. TIA

Sep 22, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #7,924 of 14,773
Since discovering that Tidal through the ZX2 sounds only marginally better than through my smartphone, I keep it offline at all times. I've had my ZX2 about a month and have charged it twice. That amounts to 24 charges per year. I'm sure it will be different for others, but I see no reason why my battery shouldn't hold up for a long, long time.

That's astounding.  I'm listening primarily LDAC wirelessly (likely my problem) and if I leave the unit on it's dead in 24 hours.

Sep 22, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #7,925 of 14,773
That's astounding.  I'm listening primarily LDAC wirelessly (likely my problem) and if I leave the unit on it's dead in 24 hours.

Not really that astounding. I listen about 1-2 hours per day, primarily to 16/44 files and only use the screen to change albums. I keep it offline the majority of the time and and don't use bluetooth at all. The ZX2 has a great battery which lasts for ages if you use it like I do. Of course it's going to be different if you use it for other purposes.

It's a nice change coming from the DX90.

Sep 22, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #7,926 of 14,773
I do agree that Pure Solid Silver is the best, the only problem is that it might be quite fragile. 
If you pull the wire, it might break

No way ! My pure solid silver wires don't break that easily. I even experimented it myself. Turned out that it is even more flexing and durable than pure solid copper. In this picture you can see my braided solid silver wires with cotton strings. I don't know how to braid, and it took me 7-8 times to get this lousy braids.....then I picked a piece and removed the Teflon jackets, exposed the silver, wiggled it back and forth and hell.....it never did break, but I had to cut it out anyways, and decided to hard solder it on.

The best of silver = Silver oxide conducts electricity even better where as Copper oxide is the total opposite.

Hell, I am not crazy enough to hard solder onto my amazing Headphones drivers with fragile stuff, and ended up breaking it in a few uses :D

The picture above is to show the piece that I took out and wiggles with my fingers, bend, twist, pull....etc and try to break it a part in it bare wires.....nada, not even break. It got deformed and keep that form under extreme bend like 340 degree bend, but it won't break even if I bend back and forth closer to that spot. The only thing that break it easily is to induce a sharp groove on the body and wiggle it by fingers. That means if you caught it somewhere that was so hard, so sharp, that would even damage the Teflon jacket and cut to the wires and continue to yank on it....sure, it breaks. But then tell me, what kind of solid wires can stand those abuses ? I would say under normal usages circumstances, and well cared for. These should last for a long while. Well, give me a few years, I promise whenever it breaks, I will report back. So far the stress experiment I did showed "positively" for durability and resilience properties.

To clarify that I am not advertising for any of these products. I simply share my experiences, impressions on these, and because it brings such "positive" satisfactions. I recommend it to fellow members. :D

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #7,927 of 14,773
I've been recharging to full capacity but haven't let it drop below 20% which is the most important part.

The previous owner told me it had about 100 hours on it. I've probably added another 50 or so. There's every chance that it's not fully burned in, but any further improvement to the sound would be a nice surprise rather than something I'm certain will happen.

Since posting this I've put about 12 hours on the DAP and the sound is beginning to open up more.

What a stunning player.

Sep 23, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #7,928 of 14,773
Since posting this I've put about 12 hours on the DAP and the sound is beginning to open up more.

What a stunning player.

Just remember to keep the faith at around the 30 hour mark. It gets good again 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #7,929 of 14,773
Since discovering that Tidal through the ZX2 sounds only marginally better than through my smartphone, I keep it offline at all times. I've had my ZX2 about a month and have charged it twice. That amounts to 24 charges per year. I'm sure it will be different for others, but I see no reason why my battery shouldn't hold up for a long, long time.

I am considering getting a ZX2 as an upgrade from my phone as DAP. If it is only a marginal upgrade, then i might have to reconsider. 

Sep 23, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #7,931 of 14,773

I am considering getting a ZX2 as an upgrade from my phone as DAP. If it is only a marginal upgrade, then i might have to reconsider. 

If you have like me "old-school music library", Lossless of course then wait for th ZX100 which removes android and uses walkman OS instead, but if you like streaming services then get this one, yep both are a huge upgrade over a cellphone, even an A17 walkman think sounds better than my xperia M2

Sep 23, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #7,933 of 14,773
Why, oh why, can't Sony integrate an upgrade that gives us gapless playback?  Is that really asking too much?  Add to that, if you install 3rd party players, the digital out downsamples everything to 44.1/16.

Sep 23, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #7,934 of 14,773
I
Why, oh why, can't Sony integrate an upgrade that gives us gapless playback?  Is that really asking too much?  Add to that, if you install 3rd party players, the digital out downsamples everything to 44.1/16.

I get perfect gapless on all my flac be it cd rips or hires

Sep 23, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #7,935 of 14,773

I get gapless on all my Flac and Hi res files as well .. If you need it for MP3 gapless download power amp app and it does gapless .. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back