SONY NW-ZX2
Sep 12, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #7,682 of 14,773
The line out is way too low voltage. My portable amps can't gain enough volume at low. Infact it also gives some problem to my desktop amp for my less sensitive headphone so I gave up on the lod

Did you get the WMPORT Line-out cable? Because, in your CDM review you were just using the Headphone Out, which is not LO.

Sep 12, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #7,683 of 14,773
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/742609/sony-nw-zx2-hi-end-dap/7650#post_11909857 layout=inline]Quote:[/CONTENTEMBED]

Something like these.

Yes.  Exactly like these.  Do you know where I can pick them up?

China is probably the only place you can get them individually, I got them with purchase of a glass protecctor and tpu case, i asked for extra, and the seller gave a few more.

Sep 12, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #7,685 of 14,773
  Did you get the WMPORT Line-out cable? Because, in your CDM review you were just using the Headphone Out, which is not LO.

Its way too low voltage for the CDM. Barely has much sound in low gain and wont power any headphones.  I do have the digital out though.

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #7,686 of 14,773
I had posted several times on Head-fi about my frustration with not being able to update my playlist on my ZX2 from my Mac. 

I am very happy to report that I have found an app that makes it possible to update the playlist on the ZX2 from iTunes while using a Mac.  The app is Export for iTunes, and it is available in the App Store.

I tested it to make sure it really does work by adding 10 songs to my 1,400 song playlist in iTunes on my Mac, and then I ran the easy to use Export for iTunes app and it worked perfectly.  Now I can quickly add songs to my ZX2 playlist whenever I want.

I find that having a playlist is essential for use while driving on my long commute and on road trips.

Ahhh.  All is well, as I already loved the ZX2 sound. 
bigsmile_face.gif
I will need to get a 200 GB card soon, as my ZX2's internal drive is down to just 5 GB of available space.

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #7,687 of 14,773
I had posted several times on Head-fi about my frustration with not being able to update my playlist on my ZX2 from my Mac. 

I am very happy to report that I have found an app that makes it possible to update the playlist on the ZX2 from iTunes while using a Mac.  The app is Export for iTunes, and it is available in the App Store.

I tested it to make sure it really does work by adding 10 songs to my 1,400 song playlist in iTunes on my Mac, and then I ran the easy to use Export for iTunes app and it worked perfectly.  Now I can quickly add songs to my ZX2 playlist whenever I want.

I find that having a playlist is essential for use while driving on my long commute and on road trips.

Ahhh.  All is well, as I already loved the ZX2 sound. :bigsmile_face: I will need to get a 200 GB card soon, as my ZX2's internal drive is down to just 5 GB of available space.

This is good news. Does it support FLAC? Or just aac or mp3. Also does this solve external card issue with playlist?

Thanks
Pc

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #7,688 of 14,773
I'm curious since the NW-ZX2 runs Android and is Wi-Fi enabled, is it possible to store audio files online and download them directly to the device?  I don't believe that OneDrive supports downloading folders, but thought there might be some other online services/apps that might do the trick (if indeed the files would go into the music folder on the NW-ZX2).

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #7,689 of 14,773
I'm curious since the NW-ZX2 runs Android and is Wi-Fi enabled, is it possible to store audio files online and download them directly to the device?  I don't believe that OneDrive supports downloading folders, but thought there might be some other online services/apps that might do the trick (if indeed the files would go into the music folder on the NW-ZX2).

Yup you can download files on the zx2 I do that when I just need a song from my paid site and just directly download it

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #7,690 of 14,773
The line out is way too low voltage. My portable amps can't gain enough volume at low. Infact it also gives some problem to my desktop amp for my less sensitive headphone so I gave up on the lod

Yeah, the one point that bums me out about the ZX2.  I really want to use my Pure II with it but it just doesn't seem very feasible...

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #7,691 of 14,773
This is good news. Does it support FLAC? Or just aac or mp3. Also does this solve external card issue with playlist?

Thanks
Pc

I have AIFF, AAC, and mp3.  My AIFF files are 24/88, 24/96, 24/192, and 16/44 CD quality.  All files transferred correctly and the high res songs display the high res symbol in the stock player on the ZX2. 

I don't know about FLAC, but I would assume they transfer.  I don't know about splitting a large playlist between the card and internal storage.  I just use internal storage right now.  Check the App Store page and/or contact the developer, who responds quickly via email, to be sure.

The UI is really simple, which is good as it isn't necessary to have a gazillion options.  All of my playlist songs transferred and in the correct order.  It just works.

In case PC Windows users are wondering why Mac users are happy that this Export for iTunes app is available, their PC-only Sony Media Go app does not work with Macs and playlists cannot be edited with Sony's Content Transfer app.  The Export for iTunes app, thankfully, solves this problem for Mac users.  Hoorah!

I also tried the more expensive Dapper app, but I could not figure out how to get it to update my playlist.

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #7,692 of 14,773
Yeah, the one point that bums me out about the ZX2.  I really want to use my Pure II with it but it just doesn't seem very feasible...

That's why I still output from my headphone port . Else I'll just bypass and just use the zx2 as transport

Sep 13, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #7,693 of 14,773

So it's not really balanced as there are no minus signals so you don't get the double voltage swing, but you should get the darker background from eliminating the common ground and possible crosstalk

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #7,694 of 14,773

So it's not really balanced as there are no minus signals so you don't get the double voltage swing, but you should get the darker background from eliminating the common ground and possible crosstalk

Correct, better seperation with a slightly improvement in SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back