SONY NW-ZX2
Sep 11, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #7,652 of 14,773
i do not have the Fiio L5, but a equivalent product.

No complain!
It is much better than using a 3.5 TRS to 3.5 TRS.

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #7,653 of 14,773
  I put one on about a month ago and love it.  Soooo much better than the old plastic protector screens.  Unfortunately, I messed up my HF sticker.  I wonder if you can obtain any of those?

Something like these.

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #7,654 of 14,773
So you are only using Zx2 as a Data transport and mean while all the Digital to Analog decoding and the sonically analog quality is entirely based on that B1 amp ? Hmm interesting. I probably gonna get that amp and use it with my Note4 for a better tossing around system.

Nice looking ^

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #7,655 of 14,773
For those who needs to know, and I'm not sure if it's been posted, the ZX100 is now up on Sony Japan at 66880 Yen before tax.

Specs are very similar to the ZX1, but improved with some features found on the ZX2.

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/NW-ZX100/

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #7,657 of 14,773
No the B1 is just an amp, he is using the Line Out of ZX2, which means he is still getting the benefits of the excellent S-MasterHX implementation in ZX2.

Isn't it in the picture he connect it to USB port ? Or did I miss something that USB port can also be used as Analog line out ?

I see B1 is only an amp. What is that cable that can be used on Zx2 USB port as a line out ? :D thanks. May grab it myself

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #7,659 of 14,773
Sep 11, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #7,660 of 14,773
I had trouble finding a quality line out cable, so I asked a cable maker to make me one. I asked Ted at headphonelounge.com, just get his email of the site and ask him for a Sony walkman line out cable like the one he was recently asked to make, he uses the best of the best, neotech occ silver litz, rhodium plated 3.5mm plugs and cardas quad eutectic solder etc.

Although it will take quite a long time for you to get it, as he would need to order the sony lod part and wait 2-3 weeks to get that from lunashops, then another 1-2 weeks making the cable for you.

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #7,661 of 14,773
So I read about B1. It seems very Neutral and will only reveal the truest signals of the source as (Class A,) in this case it is the ZX2. So they complement each other very well ? Because I love ZX2, and do not like any color added.

I see it is bass-light while ZX2 is well done bass. Would it amplify this ? Or it will still be ..bass light ! :D

Is B1 the only Class A portable on the market for now ?

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #7,662 of 14,773
So I read about B1. It seems very Neutral and will only reveal the truest signals of the source as (Class A,) in this case it is the ZX2. So they complement each other very well ? Because I love ZX2, and do not like any color added.

I see it is bass-light while ZX2 is well done bass. Would it amplify this ? Or it will still be ..bass light !
biggrin.gif

Is B1 the only Class A portable on the market for now ?

Make no mistake the sound will be coloured as in you won't get the stock ZX2 sound when you add an amp whether its neutral,warm,lush,bright whatever.I have one of the most neutral amps out there(pico slim),as close to ''wire with gain'' as there is as they call it and when i connect it to ZX2 i lose the stock sound,although i do get more treble,energy  and transparency the sound is coloured in a sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back