SONY NW-ZX2
Jul 19, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #6,526 of 14,773
Originally Posted by athi8vadhanan

For streaming from Synology, 
Choose Network -> LAN -> Search, it will show all your shares on the network. Choose the Synology folder and it would show all your folders.
From here you will be able to select music files and open with your favourite music app.

You can also enable UPNP/DLNA option on Synology setting to stream to supported apps.

Hey, that's great. It took a few false steps (I thought you were talking about the Synology side, but then realized it was ES File). So now I can see my tracks in ES File that are loaded on the Synology NAS. How can I specify the default Sony music player on the ZX2? When I select one or more tracks, I can then select "More" and "Play", but that opens a music player within ES File.

Also, will this solution work if I'm outside of my local LAN and accessing the NAS via an external internet connection?

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #6,528 of 14,773
  Since many wonders about the ZX2 craddle, here's an unboxing video with all the features detailed =), hope it helps!

Thanks! Very informative video.

I have a question, will the ZX2 with the optional leather
CKL-NWZX2​
case fit into the dock or does the case need to be removed?

Cheers!

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #6,532 of 14,773

Hey, that's great. It took a few false steps (I thought you were talking about the Synology side, but then realized it was ES File). So now I can see my tracks in ES File that are loaded on the Synology NAS. How can I specify the default Sony music player on the ZX2? When I select one or more tracks, I can then select "More" and "Play", but that opens a music player within ES File.

Also, will this solution work if I'm outside of my local LAN and accessing the NAS via an external internet connection?

When you select a file-type for the first time, it will ask you for the application to open with, there you can choose 'walkman'. 
If you're outside, you can use a VPN service on your router or have to use the port forwarding using DDNS.

Jul 20, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #6,533 of 14,773

I heard that they may announce the ZX3 in September.

No, the current expectation is that Sony will release a ZX100 or some other mid-ranger in September. ZX2 will stay for a bit longer

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #6,534 of 14,773
Hey guys,

i wanna know how you feel about

Setting surround sound to studio / under sound adjustments > sound settings.

normally using my iems i like all settings off.

but when i use my m100 headphone i cant settle my mind which is better leaving it off or choosing studio.

I feel it opens the sound stage too much and the layering also (specially for headphones that lack sound stage) it also give like a live effect

For most of the songs i feel its awesome, but some songs feel abit unnatural or losing some details.

anyway its all assumptions based on my feeling :D

but i think its worth a try, anyone who owns a m100 please tell me what you think,
If for other headphone you can try it as well :D

if someone understands the exact effect, its great to share !!

Jul 20, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #6,535 of 14,773

I heard that they may announce the ZX3 in September.

Rumor has it that Sony will announce the A20 and ZX100 in September. What the A20 will be about is fairly obvious. All that can be said about the ZX100, though, is highly speculative. My guess it that it's supposed to replace the ZX1, otherwise they would have just called it the ZX3 if it were to become the new flagship model.

Just my two cents...

Jul 20, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #6,539 of 14,773

It needs to be removed.
Even without the small tab inserted,
it still doesn't fit with the optional official leather case on. 

Weird... It should fit if you open the flap cover

The back part of the flip cover is rather thick, I think you have to force it in.

Jul 20, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #6,540 of 14,773
Thinking about pulling the trigger on this after reading reviews and peoples views in this thread. As an overall statement would you say the sound of balanced and not bass heavy after the burn-in process? I know some have likened the sound to the AK240, which must make it close in SQ to the Paw Gold (as that was said to be close to the AK240). Has anyone done any comparisons to the Cowon P1 by any chance?

I have previously had the P1 and PG, both were very very good. Would the ZX2 be a step up or down SQ wise from those two? I'll be using it with Cosmic Ears CE6P.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't have a chance to demo a unit unfortunately. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back