SONY NW-ZX2
Jul 21, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #6,558 of 14,773

Ah. Now that looks more familiar 
beerchug.gif

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #6,559 of 14,773
I've had my ZX2 for about 4 months with about 400 hours on it. I know, not a lot compared to some of you but I do use mine primarily for air travel and hotel use. I'm reporting back on battery strength after running some tests over the last few days burning in a new set of headphones.

I'm happy to say that the battery remains pretty amazing and at or above Sony's claimed level. I have just about everything switched off on the unit including wi-fi, bluetooth, and any apps other than Tidal. Here's what I've found by running these tests for 5 days, not plugged in, letting the battery set down to about 10% before re-charging:

1. 16/44.1 files get over 40 hours of continuous playback

2. 24/192 files get around 35 hours of continuous playback.

3. DSD 64 files achieve about 31 hours of continuous feedback.

I have not done a Tidal streaming test but I imagine the run time would be reduced significantly because of the wi-fi use. Overall I remain very pleased with the sound, performance, and battery life of the unit.

Jul 23, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #6,562 of 14,773
Can't say much but what I can say is that ZX100 won't be new flagship.

Have seen an article about the walkman premium event in Tokyo, looks like the new walkman for this year will tune for different sound signature, and with your reply here seems it maybe something actually replace the ZX1 tier :p

I am still in love with my fully burn in ZX2, it really makes my music collections more enjoyable :)

Jul 23, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #6,563 of 14,773
Does anyone have an estimate, of how many albums you can fit on this, in DSD64 ?

DSD64 takes around 1xx to 2xxMB space per song in my collections.

Jul 23, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #6,568 of 14,773
Does anyone have an estimate, of how many albums you can fit on this, in DSD64 ?

I have three dsd files, and when compared to flac, the volume is slightly lower, is this normal, as my dsd are purchased through official source.

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #6,570 of 14,773

I have three dsd files, and when compared to flac, the volume is slightly lower, is this normal, as my dsd are purchased through official source.

This is pretty normal. I'm not positive, but I think it's because the source volume is not adjusted like it is on so many other digital files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back