SONY NW-ZX2
Jun 3, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #5,732 of 14,773

Thanks, I think I will give this a try.  So I'm guessing that I put the media on the device first and then create the new library pointing it to the walkman's storage.  Correct?

Right.  Then open up the MUSIC folder on the Walkman in your finder, and drag and drop all the files into your iTunes window.  The files will stay where they are but you will see the thumbnails in iTunes and can edit the song and album titles, etc. 

Next time you want to put music on the Walkman, just drag the files from your Finder onto the iTunes window and they will be copied onto the Walkman.

Jun 3, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #5,734 of 14,773
Jun 3, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #5,736 of 14,773

Right.  Then open up the MUSIC folder on the Walkman in your finder, and drag and drop all the files into your iTunes window.  The files will stay where they are but you will see the thumbnails in iTunes and can edit the song and album titles, etc. 

Next time you want to put music on the Walkman, just drag the files from your Finder onto the iTunes window and they will be copied onto the Walkman.

That's great! Thanks

Quick thing to note -- I ran into this and had a little trouble. If you ripped CDs using itunes or tagged untagged files using itunes and it was tagged with ID v2.4 .. It doesn't show up as album in Zx2. It is grouped under unknown. The way to resolve that is use Mp3tag and run it in wine/winebottler in mac. Other way i did was open it in poweramp on ZX2 .. click edit tags and resave it .. This reconverts back to ID v2.3.. Something to keep in mind .. Also album art if above certain size i think 1000X1000 doesn't show in ZX2.. 

Also if you have images in the music folder and named them cover.jpg or folder.jpg you can see them all together if you want using only the gallery app or ES file explorer. The standard Sony picture app will not show it. Why you need you ask. I have been able to add album art to some albums by long pressing on the blank album cover and pick the image from this folder .. Just something else to know ( It took me sometime to figure this :)

Also only music placed in MUSIC folder will show up in the player for both internal and external cards 

Jun 3, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #5,737 of 14,773
I've just been at the Jenn Bostic gig in London, and have to say ZX2 plus 1p2 does a pretty good rendition, very happy, but at max volume at the moment to compensate for gig volume, haha, guess I'll have tinnitus in the morning :)

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #5,738 of 14,773
Jun 3, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #5,740 of 14,773
Jun 3, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #5,741 of 14,773

Quick thing to note -- I ran into this and had a little trouble. If you ripped CDs using itunes or tagged untagged files using itunes and it was tagged with ID v2.4 .. It doesn't show up as album in Zx2. It is grouped under unknown. The way to resolve that is use Mp3tag and run it in wine/winebottler in mac. Other way i did was open it in poweramp on ZX2 .. click edit tags and resave it .. This reconverts back to ID v2.3.. Something to keep in mind .. Also album art if above certain size i think 1000X1000 doesn't show in ZX2.. 

Also if you have images in the music folder and named them cover.jpg or folder.jpg you can see them all together if you want using only the gallery app or ES file explorer. The standard Sony picture app will not show it. Why you need you ask. I have been able to add album art to some albums by long pressing on the blank album cover and pick the image from this folder .. Just something else to know ( It took me sometime to figure this :)

Also only music placed in MUSIC folder will show up in the player for both internal and external cards 

Man, this thing better sound great for all the trouble it seems to be for Mac users!  

Jun 4, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #5,743 of 14,773
Agreed re sound quality, I was skeptical at first, especially when the player had a bad day, and sounded boomy, but guess that was part of it bedding in...

Sure I'll be scorned for this comment, however, I've not thought about my Hugo since getting this, the great synergy with the 1p2 and the very acceptable SQ out of the headphone out mean pocket space is much improved with very little compromise :)

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #5,744 of 14,773
Jun 4, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #5,745 of 14,773
  Hi everyone

I just recently purchased Westone W60's and mostly listening on my desktop pc through Creative titanium HD sound card, i also using them on my phone when i am traveling, but obviously it lack's a lot of punch compared to the sound card. My question is will the ZX-2 equal or surpass the SQ of my sound card ? 

Thanks

I will rephrase the question 

Does anyone know if the ZX-2 can egual or surpass the SQ of desktop sound cards ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back