SONY NW-ZX2
Apr 13, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #4,352 of 14,773
one..it will show the external SD card. unless you use program zx2 recommend to install...then from that program you can choose to use internal or external storage.

Sorry, but this isn't quite right. Once the player is linked to your computer, you can swipe down on the screen and access either internal storage or the SD card.

From the manual:

[System storage] is selected at the time of purchase.
You can switch the storage while your Walkman is connected to a computer. Swipe down the status bar at the top of the screen and tap [System storage selected] or [SD card selected] to put a checkmark in [System storage] or [SD card].
If you switch the storage while your Walkman is connected to a computer, the USB connection is lost. To connect the Walkman as USB storage again, swipe down the status bar and tap [Turn on USB storage] - [Turn on USB storage]. The storage ([System storage] or [SD card]) selected in the USB storage settings is recognized as USB storage and the USB connection is reestablished.

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #4,354 of 14,773
Sorry, but this isn't quite right. Once the player is linked to your computer, you can swipe down on the screen and access either internal storage or the SD card.

From the manual:

[System storage] is selected at the time of purchase.
You can switch the storage while your Walkman is connected to a computer. Swipe down the status bar at the top of the screen and tap [System storage selected] or [SD card selected] to put a checkmark in [System storage] or [SD card].
If you switch the storage while your Walkman is connected to a computer, the USB connection is lost. To connect the Walkman as USB storage again, swipe down the status bar and tap [Turn on USB storage] - [Turn on USB storage]. The storage ([System storage] or [SD card]) selected in the USB storage settings is recognized as USB storage and the USB connection is reestablished.

oops...silly me..totally forgotten this option :p

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #4,355 of 14,773
I always detect this hissing problem when I plug in my SE846 to the zx2. Is it just my unit, or everyone has this problem (even with other IEMs)?

I hear some hiss on my Shure Se530, and these old iem's are very hiss sensitive and will pick up any if it's there, I guess it's the old dance with output impedance, and I don't think anyone has meassured and mentioned it as yet?
It's not bad on my other iem's, and non existent on my headphones, but on low impedance high sensitivity iem's will have hiss with the zx2, it seems, it's the same story with the a10 series walkman as well.

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #4,356 of 14,773
I hear some hiss on my Shure Se530, and these old iem's are very hiss sensitive and will pick up any if it's there, I guess it's the old dance with output impedance, and I don't think anyone has meassured and mentioned it as yet?
It's not bad on my other iem's, and non existent on my headphones, but on low impedance high sensitivity iem's will have hiss with the zx2, it seems, it's the same story with the a10 series walkman as well.

I see. The hiss I heard goes away after afew seconds. Yous?

Also, I've heard that some others have experienced a similar hiss when pressing "next track". Is it true?

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #4,357 of 14,773
^ The boot hiss is a normal thing, and all the nx2 units do it its that unadvertised bonus bit of white noise, if it bothers you start the music then put on the iem's.
I do prefer the Shhh noise to the clunk clunk of a relay. So I guess it's the lesser of evil, and it's a non offensive noise, and more importantly a relay would have been more crap in the audio path. I think the noise is it's super capacitor booting up, after the class D amp wakes from a non use period.

No I have never heard the sound between songs ever, only after its in pause for a length of time.

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #4,358 of 14,773

Also, I've heard that some others have experienced a similar hiss when pressing "next track". Is it true?

To the vast majority of people the hiss will go away in a few seconds and will be completely drowned out when music is playing. If you know what to listen for your can still hear it in quiet passages. I'm not sure this is a hearing sensitivity thing but more likely your ear needs to be "trained" to pick it up.

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #4,359 of 14,773

To the vast majority of people the hiss will go away in a few seconds and will be completely drowned out when music is playing. If you know what to listen for your can still hear it in quiet passages. I'm not sure this is a hearing sensitivity thing but more likely your ear needs to be "trained" to pick it up.

it's as much a personality thing as it is a choice of IEM. I can't stand noises, some don't even notice the background of a vinyl.
the second thing is to simply own sensitive IEMs:

for example the se530 is very sensitive and famous for it, Tyll gives them as needing 0.011v to reach 90db.
by comparison, my cheap mc5 need 0.042v to reach the same 90db.
that means that any signal getting out of the DAP will be a little more than 10db louder on the se530, so subjectively twice as loud. the noise/hiss is nothing but a signal at a given voltage so it follows that rule. except that depending on the kind of noise, it may not get lower when lowering the volume setting, so while you end up setting your DAP to sound as loud on both IEMs for your comfort, you still get some noises 10db louder on the SE530.

I hope you get the basic idea behind all this. another example with my hd650, you get from the pdf, 0.205v to get 90db. so that's now almost 25db quieter than the SE530!!!!!
and that's why some people with some IEMs and headphones will never even understand what you're talking about when you mention hiss on a source. they're not deaf and you're not mad.

and of course the kind of music is a huge factor too. listening to a song that has 8db of dynamic will be loud all the time, most likely to mask any quiet noise, when some widely dynamic music may have enough quiet passages to reveal either the noise floor in the room when they recorded it(often on classical), or the noise from the DAP itself.

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #4,362 of 14,773
Anyone have any experience with this ?  Would be nice to use as a charger , cheaper than the new cradle .  good price usually 47$

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-STD-NWU10-BM-USB-Charging-Stand-BLACK-For-Walkman-NW-ZX2-Original-Brand-New-/391109184018?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b0fec8a12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back