SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 21, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #3,391 of 14,773

I won't be too worried, you probably won't hear the differences that much.

Probably not, but it's always nice to have that placebo 24 bit wireless streaming status 
redface.gif

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #3,392 of 14,773
Mar 21, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #3,396 of 14,773
  Purchased through Crutchfield but they keep pushing back their ETA date and now it shows unknown.  Should I just pull the trigger and get one from Japan?

They had a 2 day window when they had them in stock.  I wavered, went back, and missed out.  I just registered to have them send me an e mail when they come back in stock.  Don't know if I'm right, but my understanding is that the US version won't have the volume limiter that might come with an Asian model.

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #3,398 of 14,773
They had a 2 day window when they had them in stock.  I wavered, went back, and missed out.  I just registered to have them send me an e mail when they come back in stock.  Don't know if I'm right, but my understanding is that the US version won't have the volume limiter that might come with an Asian model.
I thought it was the opposite. Would have to look back through the thread but can anyone confirm there is a volume ceiling on Asian models?

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #3,401 of 14,773
Thought I saw an earlier review say only Japanese version didn't have the volume cap.

I have read that it is the European version, due to regulation regarding volume and hearing potential damage. Who knows for sure. Oh, maybe, I don't know. . . . Sony! lol 

Mar 21, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #3,403 of 14,773
  Hi all! My question is that, could this Sony NW-ZX2 drive with enough volume the Audeze LCD2? Many thanks for any answers.

At low volume. It puts what I consider a minimum power for listening. And while the sound quality is extremely good, power is not one of the attributes of the ZX2. I think you would be underwhelmed and better served with the ZX2 and an amp or a more powerful DAP if you want an all in one. IMO. 

Mar 21, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #3,404 of 14,773

At low volume. It puts what I consider a minimum power for listening. And while the sound quality is extremely good, power is not one of the attributes of the ZX2. I think you would be underwhelmed and better served with the ZX2 and an amp or a more powerful DAP if you want an all in one. IMO. 

Thanks. Which DAP would you recommend me?

Mar 21, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #3,405 of 14,773

Thanks. Which DAP would you recommend me?

How loud do you use your phones? For the LCD-2, to be honest, I would suggest an amp. If not that then the Hifiman 901, soon to be the 901s, can put out plenty of power and you can run them balanced. 

There are a number of daps that will drive the LCD-2 but not to their full potential. I don't find the AK series will do it nor many others. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back