SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 8, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #2,596 of 14,755
  Hi,  All, should I continuously burn in for long hours  for example 20 hours(let player play in loop) or just burn in as many hours I listen,turning on and listening for 2 hours and turn off and listen again whenever I want listen? which is better or what is Sony technical recommendation? any idea please?thanks

I just let it go on loop and turn it off for 2 hours or so every day, or not. By turning it off for a short while, and then recharging the caps, they form faster. 

I have heard changes after 200 hours. A tonality that has improved. A note that has a hollow sound, sounds that way with a tone that gives the impression of where it comes from and if you can grasp this, the size of the not, the intensity and ringing. This for me, adds to the realism to the sound that is so illusive and often, on a good analogue turntable system, captured. This is doing that, for me. 

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #2,597 of 14,755
Reading through the thread, many people say they hear some hissing during the burning in process, when you mention the hiss, is this through the headphones or actually through the player itself.

thanks 

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #2,598 of 14,755
  Reading through the thread, many people say they hear some hissing during the burning in process, when you mention the hiss, is this through the headphones or actually through the player itself.

thanks 

Headphones in the beginning. It goes away pretty quick. If the player hissed, I would think it was possessed! lol

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #2,599 of 14,755

thanks 

Headphones in the beginning. It goes away pretty quick. If the player hissed, I would think it was possessed! lol

I though the caps was just doing the exercise, and that's what causing the hiss.
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #2,600 of 14,755

I just let it go on loop and turn it off for 2 hours or so every day, or not. By turning it off for a short while, and then recharging the caps, they form faster. 

I have heard changes after 200 hours. A tonality that has improved. A note that has a hollow sound, sounds that way with a tone that gives the impression of where it comes from and if you can grasp this, the size of the not, the intensity and ringing. This for me, adds to the realism to the sound that is so illusive and often, on a good analogue turntable system, captured. This is doing that, for me. 

Thanks and very much appreciated.

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #2,602 of 14,755
Does the Japanese edition have anything extra like the previous models eg. Noise canceling?

It has been confirmed to play ATRAC and ATRAC lossless, but some members claimed other version can also play them, but not confirmed, also there are no volume cap, and no warranty.
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #2,603 of 14,755
It has been confirmed to play ATRAC and ATRAC lossless, but some members claimed other version can also play them, but not confirmed, also there are no volume cap, and no warranty.:D

It has a warranty just have to send it back to Japan to Sony.

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #2,604 of 14,755

It has been confirmed to play ATRAC and ATRAC lossless, but some members claimed other version can also play them, but not confirmed, also there are no volume cap, and no warranty.
biggrin.gif

It has a warranty just have to send it back to Japan to Sony.

I didn't know Sony japan allows mail in warranty service, are you sure.

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #2,605 of 14,755
I purchased mine through the Canadian online store. I was happily surprised to see it at the same price as the U.S. Store, usually Canada gets the short end of the stick with the exchange rate.

This has got me a little bit confused, why Sony didn't give Australia any currency conversion break's, yet Canada get exempted.
:joy::triumph::cry:

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #2,606 of 14,755

thanks 

It's there the moment you press on and subsides in a few seconds. However it doesn't disappear completely although it is inaudible when music is played.
I suspect this also depends on how sensitive your earphones are and your hearing for picking out certain frequencies/noises

Mar 8, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #2,608 of 14,755
I played around with this at CES 2015 and don't think it warrants the $1199 price tag. Honestly my iRiver IHP-140 with Rockbox firmware plays all the file formats, can drive headphones louder and better than this player. Back when MP3 players were all the rage you would get some MP3s with decent amps and dacs built in, nowadays with fewer and fewer MP3 players coming in that would be considered audiophile Sony releases this.

Honestly, I wasn't that impressed. I plugged in my Triple.Fi 10 earphones and cranked the volume all the way up. I know for a fact that the iRiver plays them louder with the similar sound quality for the same file format and res. I am ok with 16-bit/44KHz music files. And for portability/travel even 320kbps does the job.

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #2,609 of 14,755
You simply send it back to the shop you bought it from, the only catch will be the cost of postage, (forward and return) will be the $ stinging part.

I bought it from Price Japan. They told me, when I asked, that if there is a problem I send it to Sony Japan for repair not to them. 

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #2,610 of 14,755
  I played around with this at CES 2015 and don't think it warrants the $1199 price tag. Honestly my iRiver IHP-140 with Rockbox firmware plays all the file formats, can drive headphones louder and better than this player. Back when MP3 players were all the rage you would get some MP3s with decent amps and dacs built in, nowadays with fewer and fewer MP3 players coming in that would be considered audiophile Sony releases this.

Honestly, I wasn't that impressed. I plugged in my Triple.Fi 10 earphones and cranked the volume all the way up. I know for a fact that the iRiver plays them louder with the similar sound quality for the same file format and res. I am ok with 16-bit/44KHz music files. And for portability/travel even 320kbps does the job.

And that is the great thing about this hobby. We all have choices! It is great. I have 4 HP 140's and 4 120's (120 and 80gb hard drives and all Rockboxed). Great daps but for me, they are not the equal of the ZX2 but that doesn't matter except for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back