SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 29, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #13,666 of 14,771
Offline mode works just fine. I am very pleased with my ZX2. It checks all my boxes.

. The ZX2 pairs wonderfully with my SE846. As others have also said Tidal works nicely on the ZX2 as well. I usually listen to the ZX2 in airplane mode to optimize sound quality and I have several gigs of Tidal tracks downloaded to my ZX2 (all lossless files) for offline listening and Tidal's offline mode works great. We'll see if Tidal ever brings MQA streaming to their mobile apps as it does sound fantastic.

Thanks for your help. Im currently tied up on whether to get this or the chord mojo to pair with my iPhone.

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #13,667 of 14,771
Thanks for your help. Im currently tied up on whether to get this or the chord mojo to pair with my iPhone.
. I used to own the Mojo and although I did like it a lot I ended up selling it because I wasn't using it very often as it was just too convenient to use my ZX2. The ZX2 has a great balance of features and sound quality (runs Android and has wifi so can install music streaming apps, has Bluetooth streaming, generous storage capacity,and can drive all my headphones from my IEMs to my Audeze LCD-XCs). Plus its WM port also acts as a lineout so you could always add a Mojo or similar product in the future and use the ZX2 as a source. I have a WM port to dual RCA cable that I use the ZX2 with my desktop headphone amp.

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #13,668 of 14,771
. I used to own the Mojo and although I did like it a lot I ended up selling it because I wasn't using it very often as it was just too convenient to use my ZX2. The ZX2 has a great balance of features and sound quality (runs Android and has wifi so can install music streaming apps, has Bluetooth streaming, generous storage capacity,and can drive all my headphones from my IEMs to my Audeze LCD-XCs). Plus its WM port also acts as a lineout so you could always add a Mojo or similar product in the future and use the ZX2 as a source. I have a WM port to dual RCA cable that I use the ZX2 with my desktop headphone amp.

I can see what you mean about the ZX2 and Mojo, however I am sick of my streaming apps crashing all the time on my ZX2. Qobuz crashes, Amazon music crashes, its mental. They are all updated, I just don't know why they keep crashing. It's only the streaming apps that crash. My hi-res files play ok via Onkyo app.

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #13,669 of 14,771
I can see what you mean about the ZX2 and Mojo, however I am sick of my streaming apps crashing all the time on my ZX2. Qobuz crashes, Amazon music crashes, its mental. They are all updated, I just don't know why they keep crashing. It's only the streaming apps that crash. My hi-res files play ok via Onkyo app.

I only stream Tidal, using the Hi-Fi streaming quality. I have never experienced a crash with it. It is, however, the only streaming app that I have installed. Perhaps your updated Amazon and Qobuz apps are not now fully compatible with the older version of Android used in the ZX2.

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #13,670 of 14,771
I only stream Tidal, using the Hi-Fi streaming quality. I have never experienced a crash with it. It is, however, the only streaming app that I have installed. Perhaps your updated Amazon and Qobuz apps are not now fully compatible with the older version of Android used in the ZX2.

As far as I am aware, Android only updates what is compatible with the version of Android you have installed.
So they should work fine. That is why I have Mojo.

Jan 29, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #13,671 of 14,771

Yeah I primarily stream Tidal and offload Tidal HiFi (lossless) music and the app works great. Doesn't crash for me. I also have Sirius XM and Pandora both installed and the Sirius XM app works fine too. The Pandora app however crashes sporadically. But for streaming apps I use Tidal in offline mode about 95% of the time and that app is most important to me and means I don't have to lug around both a smartphone and a DAP.

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #13,673 of 14,771
I might be able to get this walkman earlier than I expected since I can get it for $400 from my local Sony authorized dealer. great news especially for a 15 year old!

at that price , a no-brainer

Jan 31, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #13,674 of 14,771
I've searched this thread the best I can, but could someone please verify the following?  I want to download Tidal Hifi onto an SD card, does it play back fine in offline mode without occasional skipping?  This is a known issue on my DP-x1 as well as some other DAPs.

Thanks

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #13,675 of 14,771
I've searched this thread the best I can, but could someone please verify the following?  I want to download Tidal Hifi onto an SD card, does it play back fine in offline mode without occasional skipping?  This is a known issue on my DP-x1 as well as some other DAPs.

Thanks

My downloaded Tidal files play offline just fine with no skipping.

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #13,677 of 14,771
Im getting confused by some of the problems. I couldn't download more Spotify songs for offline as it said there is not enough storage space. I went to settings and checked the storage usage and it shows that it has almost used up all of the internal storage. And below it is system storage and it shows there is a lot of it left. Tidal is working perfectly fine and I already have more than 7gb of files downloaded. Any help will be appreciated. 

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #13,678 of 14,771
As I remember Spotify will only download to the 2GB system storage so that will quickly fill up

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #13,679 of 14,771

Thanks

​My offloaded Tidal files also play without any problems (skipping etc).

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #13,680 of 14,771

Thanks

Works great on mine, no problems. As does Qobuz....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back