SONY NW-ZX2
Dec 15, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #19 of 14,755
Well I wasnt fully impressed with the ZX1, but I really liked the unique sound it had due to its Class D design, so I want Sony to come up with a new S Master chip for ZX2 that has increased dynamic range and more power, those are the main things that need improving on the ZX1 for me.

But I have a bad feeling Sony might re-use the same s master chip from zx1, in which case I wont buy the ZX2, hopefully Im wrong. But if Sony actually are using a new s master chip for ZX2 I will be first in line to buy it just out of curiosity of how the new chip sounds.

Dec 15, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #21 of 14,755
I would like a slightly less bright sound and a bit more power.

I don't mind the bright sound but for the power, it's time for Sony to show us that we can have a ''real audiophile dap'' capable of driving most IEM and portable headphones of up to 250 ohms without the needs to stack it over PHA2 or PHA3 ! It would be nice to keep the MSRP below $1000
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #22 of 14,755
so quiet here.

Two news on ZX2.

1. the Verge took this picture in CES 2015

Can you see 'MicroSD' next to charging hole?

2. The price of ZX2 leaked!

News from China!

The price of ZX2 is leaked!

It will be 7,299 yuan, approximately 1,176 US$.

As expected, it is pricier than previous one.

Jan 4, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #25 of 14,755
Like to think the extra cost will be going into the sound quality and not to justify on their part sd cards or bigger memory. This could still be a 128GB on board if this has SD card slot but natural evolution says this model should now be 256gb memory on board to keep it in line with likes of AK players and the fact that if you did have a library of just High Res 128GB does not go far.  

Looks like it retains it's bulge for amp section but to me it is not good looking at the ZX1 and actually looks from those shots not such a premium model and could be mistaken for a F model with the finish.  

Hopefully actual photos in a couple of days time will do it justice.  

Jan 4, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #26 of 14,755

Yep! I wonder what crazy cool S Master tech this is going to use, or maybe Sony is going to go mainstream and chuck a Sabre in there lol! The designed it to look like the PHA-3 it seems, aka boring... lol.

Think you might of nailed it there, does have a very PHA feel to design.  ZX1 had a ES premium feel like their ES Hi-Fi separates used to have, this looks just from that photo it is a lower model than a flagship Walkman.  Don't get me wrong everyone but if the sound is spot on that is the primary main important thing but for the money especially been higher this time and you want something to feel and look the part also.  Hope it's not just black either.  What else can I moan about!....

Jan 4, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #27 of 14,755
The same audio technology found in ZX1, is also in the A15/A17, with a slightly different tuning and staging. Their price gap, ZX1 is SGD899 and A15 is SGD299.
While i can understand the additional cost going into built material, OS, features, etc, coming from the audio technology employed and sound quality alone, the price gap is more than glaring. 

Would not be surprised if the same treatment will be employed between ZX2 and ZX1. Am hoping Sony will surprise us with a truly groundbreaking and revolutionary Walkman, considering its asking price, they should.

Jan 4, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #29 of 14,755
  so quiet here.

Two news on ZX2.

1. the Verge took this picture in CES 2015

Can you see 'MicroSD' next to charging hole?

2. The price of ZX2 leaked!

News from China!

The price of ZX2 is leaked!

It will be 7,299 yuan, approximately 1,176 US$.

As expected, it is pricier than previous one.

oh !!!!!! 
i just wish it is not an android player .. i love the original Sony operating system

Jan 4, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #30 of 14,755
Gosh this is super pricey... they are asking like 15,000 or so mexican pesos ouch!

bet it will have 128GB (or 256GB).. stickw with android, microSD slot, and well as in formats perhaps the same plus DSD (either 2.8MHz or 5.6MHz or even both)

But i won't buy it
biggrin.gif
, a) bought my A17, b) most likely sony MX won't release it (they did not release XBA-H3, XBA-Z5, nor XBA-Ax, nor F-880 and not even ZX1), had to grab XBA-H3 from Hamburg DE.

Looks sexy tought, and i would drool just the Capacity of internal memory + SD if it's more than the A17
biggrin.gif
, my FLAC lib. is currently at 676.3GB (mostly 16/44.1, a few hi-res maxed at 96Khz/24-bit)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back