SONY NW-ZX100
Sep 27, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #451 of 3,849
  Completed the payment. That's a nice price compared to what Ebay offers these days. My Aiwa Hp-V99 is going to arrive soon, I think they will form a nice alliance. :)

Waiting for your impressions 
beyersmile.png

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #452 of 3,849
  Completed the payment. That's a nice price compared to what Ebay offers these days. My Aiwa Hp-V99 is going to arrive soon, I think they will form a nice alliance. :)

Cool mate, I want to hear your impressions :)

what i want to hear from you:
A) screen made of glass/plastic
B) SQ
biggrin.gif

C)new UI settings and/or improvements
D)real-life battery usage with flac 16/44.1 (and if you have not a major problem here w/FLAC 24-bit)

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #453 of 3,849
Yep.. the sony A17 is a fantastic player i was listening to it last night with my beyerdynamic T51P its a fantastic combination, i might hold my purchase of the zx100 and probably get the OPPO HA-2 instead and wait 6 months and pick up the sony..

The HA-2 is a very good amp, i use it as amp only (also works a DAC), it drives well my XBA-A3 with whom my A17 struggle a bit

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #454 of 3,849
Tried the demo unit at my local event. Sure ZX2 still triumphs over the ZX100 but the difference is not worth that extra money. The build quality felt kinda cheapish compared to ZX2 but it's robust for sure.

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #455 of 3,849
  Tried the demo unit at my local event. Sure ZX2 still triumphs over the ZX100 but the difference is not worth that extra money. The build quality felt kinda cheapish compared to ZX2 but it's robust for sure.

screen quality? glass or plastic please say :D

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #456 of 3,849

screen quality? glass or plastic please say :D

Sorry I forgot to check, the screen quality is just satisfactory. It's a specialized device for just playing music don't expect crazy ppi and mind-blowing color reproduction. The software is quite intuitive and easy to handle but I must say the 2 buttons below the screen feels out of place for a $500 device.

I think they went pretty much "Screw everything, put every resource into the sound and software accompanying it." That pretty much sums up my impression of the device.

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #457 of 3,849
No i emant if it's covered by glass or plastic, what you felt? i have an A17 and IMHO plastic got scratched very easy

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #458 of 3,849

Cool mate, I want to hear your impressions :)

what i want to hear from you:
A) screen made of glass/plastic
B) SQ
biggrin.gif

C)new UI settings and/or improvements
D)real-life battery usage with flac 16/44.1 (and if you have not a major problem here w/FLAC 24-bit)

Sure thing dude!

I'll defo tell everything when it arrives. :)
Though I have no real comparison in the high res dap world, this will be my first real high res player. I have an NWZ-A729 and a 829.
They do the job well but - of course - they cannot play any high res, only mp3s.
I have some good old Sony buds though, an E472, an E262, an E557, an A20, an A40, an A44 and an A22. I think the Aiwa will dominate
everything, she will be the rightful companion with the ZX100. :)

Sep 27, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #459 of 3,849
Sure thing dude!

I'll defo tell everything when it arrives. :)
Though I have no real comparison in the high res dap world, this will be my first real high res player. I have an NWZ-A729 and a 829.
They do the job well but - of course - they cannot play any high res, only mp3s.
I have some good old Sony buds though, an E472, an E262, an E557, an A20, an A40, an A44 and an A22. I think the Aiwa will dominate
everything, she will be the rightful companion with the ZX100. :)

Thanks mate, i will buy mine two weeks after... finally back to windows 8.1, didn't like w10 on my sony VAIO, terrible performance and even here on head-fi, threads went crazy, replying in backwards-mode
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #460 of 3,849

It is also depending on earphones matching.  Differences are more difficult to hear if the phones are not resolving enough.  I hope our local Magnolia Hifi will carry the ZX100 soon (they carry the A17 along with the ZX2).  I still can't get why Sony no longer value US customer like they once was.  For instance, the ZX1 was never even released here.  Their site still show no information of the ZX100 and generally lack additional compared to even the UK's site.

Sep 27, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #461 of 3,849
It is also depending on earphones matching.  Differences are more difficult to hear if the phones are not resolving enough.  I hope our local Magnolia Hifi will carry the ZX100 soon (they carry the A17 along with the ZX2).  I still can't get why Sony no longer value US customer like they once was.  For instance, the ZX1 was never even released here.  Their site still show no information of the ZX100 and generally lack additional compared to even the UK's site.

same for sony mexico, they assume all mexicans want regaeethon, hip hop in crappy mp3 or spotify iPhones.... they're useless when i asked them about viability of it in mexico

@purk go the ACCESSORYJACK ROUTE like i will do, LOL i've posted my XBA-A3's on sony mexico's facebook haha, they liked my post when i was expecting post deletion

EDIT: appears that in sony Mexico the A10 says PRODUCTO SIN STOCK (out of stock product) either they ran of A10's or they discontinued it to introduce something new? (A20 or ZX100)

as purk says at least USA sony got zx2... mexico not even zx1 nor zx2 and neither the new XBAs No H3, no Z5 and no Ax

Sep 27, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #462 of 3,849
@gerelmx1986 I live in Canada and here we call it a tech getto.  Other countries ship the garbage here and not the good stuff.  Our Best buy has no "magnolia" section.  So I ask the man do they carry walkman by sony and he asks me, "what is a walkman?" hahahaha.  So I have to order from gentec.ca and I have no idea if they are good or bad.  Really frustrating.  But I have decided my money is better spent on experiences rather than things.  So I just make do with f886 and mdr-1r.  Good enough for me.  I use the a-17 for my car with blue tooth.  thats it.  

Sep 27, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #463 of 3,849
  same for sony mexico, they assume all mexicans want regaeethon, hip hop in crappy mp3 or spotify iPhones.... they're useless when i asked them about viability of it in mexico

@purk go the ACCESSORYJACK ROUTE like i will do, LOL i've posted my XBA-A3's on sony mexico's facebook haha, they liked my post when i was expecting post deletion

EDIT: appears that in sony Mexico the A10 says PRODUCTO SIN STOCK (out of stock product) either they ran of A10's or they discontinued it to introduce something new? (A20 or ZX100)

as purk says at least USA sony got zx2... mexico not even zx1 nor zx2 and neither the new XBAs No H3, no Z5 and no Ax

@gerelmx1986 I live in Canada and here we call it a tech getto.  Other countries ship the garbage here and not the good stuff.  Our Best buy has no "magnolia" section.  So I ask the man do they carry walkman by sony and he asks me, "what is a walkman?" hahahaha.  So I have to order from gentec.ca and I have no idea if they are good or bad.  Really frustrating.  But I have decided my money is better spent on experiences rather than things.  So I just make do with f886 and mdr-1r.  Good enough for me.  I use the a-17 for my car with blue tooth.  thats it.  

I hear you guys and feel your pain.  However, US is considerably bigger and untap market for them.  If they show a little more interest, they can sell very well.  I mean...they don't even need to have a big launch or anything but just have the website ready to go.  DAP is hot and then cold item...they need to capitalize on the market when the potential is there..

Sep 27, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #464 of 3,849

Recently got my XBA-A3 from "japaneseLady" amazon market place seller, i love them, pretty fast ship times and my A3 arrived in pretty good condition, new sealed factory box. I saw the ZX100 on amazon USA for 880 USD and said No way i willb uy that, . early this year i got a fiio LOD for my walkman from MP4Nation (similar to accessoryJack) and they are reputable too.

Really the BB guy asked you what is a walkman?
jecklinsmile.gif
 maybe he tought of those old-school tape ones

I sold various audio gears on ebay recently to repay the money of the zx100 (so far i've not charged tax of importing dutiees)

Sep 27, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #465 of 3,849
@gerelmx1986
 I live in Canada and here we call it a tech getto.  Other countries ship the garbage here and not the good stuff.  Our Best buy has no "magnolia" section.  So I ask the man do they carry walkman by sony and he asks me, "what is a walkman?" hahahaha.  So I have to order from gentec.ca and I have no idea if they are good or bad.  Really frustrating.  But I have decided my money is better spent on experiences rather than things.  So I just make do with f886 and mdr-1r.  Good enough for me.  I use the a-17 for my car with blue tooth.  thats it.  

I see you live in Vancouver, we are actually very fortunate to have a pretty big selection here.

Not that much personal hifi stuff but lots of high end speaker selection.

Check out hificentre, commercial electronics, the sound room, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back