SONY NW-ZX100
Aug 29, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #3,226 of 3,849
I don't think it will sound significantly better. I rarely hear any major differences between daps although some do sound better, it's not a night and day difference.

No offense, but I'm not trying to convince you to buy a $3k dap. It matters not to me what anyone else buys, as long as you are happy, I'm happy for you. I'm only speaking for me. If the new dap sounds better than the zx2, has comparable or better features, I will buy it.

As far as who makes it, my point was that I feel more comfortable giving a known brand, such as Sony, $3k, opposed to AK. Yes, AK is known, but they are far from being a Sony. I know I won't have an issue if the Sony breaks or if I need support. Who knows with smaller companies like AK.

It's funny that you say this. I just had my Vaio Pro taken in for repair (there was a key loose, 1 single key). They apparently needed to take the laptop apart to change the key, install a new palmrest/ touchpad and full keyboard and charge me 192 euros for it. That is, disregarding the initially paid 75 euros for transport and 'investigation'.

Then I got my laptop back and saw that the new palmrest with keyboard piles out on one end. Follows: a new long e-mail conversation and me hoping they will come pick it up again and do the repair properly at their own costs. 
Edit: And I'm not one of those guys who attacks the customer support guys. I have been totally friendly. Even though the repair has been done badly with too much costs. But hey, they can have a bad day- and pricing policy is not their responsibility.

Aug 30, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #3,228 of 3,849
I don't think it will sound significantly better. I rarely hear any major differences between daps although some do sound better, it's not a night and day difference.

No offense, but I'm not trying to convince you to buy a $3k dap. It matters not to me what anyone else buys, as long as you are happy, I'm happy for you. I'm only speaking for me. If the new dap sounds better than the zx2, has comparable or better features, I will buy it.

As far as who makes it, my point was that I feel more comfortable giving a known brand, such as Sony, $3k, opposed to AK. Yes, AK is known, but they are far from being a Sony. I know I won't have an issue if the Sony breaks or if I need support. Who knows with smaller companies like AK.

Buddy I completely agree.

Sony to me has been excellent, I own a ZX100 and when faced with problems it was solved easily at my local Sony center.

Astell & Kern on the other hand... Let's just say I have a AK380 + AMP. It has been barely 3 months and the Amp is acting up not charging and all that. RMAing seems to be quite laborious as well. So much for a TOTL DAP.

I think you just can't beat class...

Aug 30, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #3,229 of 3,849
  Buddy I completely agree.

Sony to me has been excellent, I own a ZX100 and when faced with problems it was solved easily at my local Sony center.

Astell & Kern on the other hand... Let's just say I have a AK380 + AMP. It has been barely 3 months and the Amp is acting up not charging and all that. RMAing seems to be quite laborious as well. So much for a TOTL DAP.

I think you just can't beat class...

It is so funny how things vary depending on where you live.  In Canada Sony does not sell the ZX100 anywhere and yet there are 3 stores in Toronto I can walk into and audition any of the A&K DAP's that also provide in store warranty coverage.  Not that I would ever buy an A&K DAP as the prices are dumb.  

While I am much more inclined to buy Sony DAP's than A&K the lack of availability of Sony DAP's in Canada drives my nuts.  In Toronto, the fourth largest city in North America and no Sony DAP's available anywhere.  

Aug 30, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #3,230 of 3,849
It is so funny how things vary depending on where you live.  In Canada Sony does not sell the ZX100 anywhere and yet there are 3 stores in Toronto I can walk into and audition any of the A&K DAP's that also provide in store warranty coverage.  Not that I would ever buy an A&K DAP as the prices are dumb.  

While I am much more inclined to buy Sony DAP's than A&K the lack of availability of Sony DAP's in Canada drives my nuts.  In Toronto, the fourth largest city in North America and no Sony DAP's available anywhere.  

Sony was one a giant company...it got beat down by Vaio failure and Apple Succes :D. Still, they are gaining back the momentum...sadly , not with smartphones

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #3,231 of 3,849

hmmm not a wise choice of words
blink.gif
 some head-fiers here have (famly members with) disabilities

Aug 31, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #3,234 of 3,849
Aug 31, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #3,235 of 3,849
So, the new player leaked and its body looks like its completely made of copper or a copper blend somehow, lol

http://thewalkmanblog.blogspot.be/2016/08/sony-signature-series-leaked.html

Imo, it looks incredibly tacky. And looks kinda huge But there looks to be a black version too, so that's better.

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #3,237 of 3,849
  hmmm not a wise choice of words
blink.gif
 some head-fiers here have (famly members with) disabilities

My apologies, no offense meant just typed the first word that came to me.  I have in the past worked with the mentally handicapped as a mentor.  I would never have used the word dumb in reference to another human being

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #3,238 of 3,849
  So, the new player leaked and its body looks like its completely made of copper or a copper blend somehow, lol

Imo, it looks incredibly tacky. And looks kinda huge But there looks to be a black version too, so that's better.

Certainly thicker than current models and it looks kind of retro, like something from the 1980's.  

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #3,240 of 3,849

Certainly thicker than current models and it looks kind of retro, like something from the 1980's.  

Yes looks def thicker kind of like hifiman hope oit packs some serious power and battery at the same time
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back