SONY NW-ZX100
Sep 1, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #3,256 of 3,849
More information on the WM-1Z from IFA

[COLOR=3B3B3B]Key Features[/COLOR]

There's several key aspects of the DAP:
  • New DSD Native Support (11.2 MHz)
  • S-Master HX, SEE HX, and LDAC - ALREADY ON CURRENT DAP'S
  • 256 GB Internal Memory (Gold), 128 GB Internal Memory (Black)
  • New FT Cap, strengthening power supply
  • Optimized substrate layout - Improved SNR
  • OCC For Internals (Kimber)
  • 30 Hours Playback w/ Hi-Res Audio

So the gold plated version will have twice the internal memory vs the cheaper black version.  Adding DSD support which to me has always been overkill on a portable device.  Higher grade caps should increase power output but given the S-Master digital amp design I can't see it being more than a few milliwatts.  Most other changes seem to be to reduce noise which may help with iem's but for headphone user's like myself not sure if the reduced noise will be audible as I don't hear any now.  

No mention yet on android version or wifi but the battery life of 30 hours with high res audio is good.  I would like to see the battery life figures when using wifi and bluetooth.

This does at least with the initial information seem to be a high quality product. It will be interesting to see the price difference between the gold plated and black versions.

Here's more info on the WM1A :
No android. Sony original OS.
No WiFi, only Bluetooth and NFC
ONLY HIGH SPEED USB 2.0 (DISSAPOINTING)
Full charge time - 7 hours

https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/walkman/nw-wm1a/specifications

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #3,257 of 3,849
New A30-series:

http://thewalkmanblog.blogspot.be/2016/09/sony-unveils-new-series-a30-walkman.html

Np pricing yet, but looks a step up from the current A;

Also, the NW-WM1A will cost 1200 €, while the WM1Z (copper plated) will cost 3300 €

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #3,259 of 3,849
  More information on the WM-1Z from IFA

Key Features
There's several key aspects of the DAP:
  1. New DSD Native Support (11.2 MHz)
  2. S-Master HX, SEE HX, and LDAC - ALREADY ON CURRENT DAP'S
  3. 256 GB Internal Memory (Gold), 128 GB Internal Memory (Black)
  4. New FT Cap, strengthening power supply
  5. Optimized substrate layout - Improved SNR
  6. OCC For Internals (Kimber)
  7. 30 Hours Playback w/ Hi-Res Audio

So the gold plated version will have twice the internal memory vs the cheaper black version.  Adding DSD support which to me has always been overkill on a portable device.  Higher grade caps should increase power output but given the S-Master digital amp design I can't see it being more than a few milliwatts.  Most other changes seem to be to reduce noise which may help with iem's but for headphone user's like myself not sure if the reduced noise will be audible as I don't hear any now.  

No mention yet on android version or wifi but the battery life of 30 hours with high res audio is good.  I would like to see the battery life figures when using wifi and bluetooth.

This does at least with the initial information seem to be a high quality product. It will be interesting to see the price difference between the gold plated and black versions.

what you write about the power of sound?

Sep 6, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #3,260 of 3,849
I'm sorry if this was a topic covered already, but I just got my ZX100 last Thursday, and I love it...but....and this is a big ole butt.....i cannot get playlits on it. The actual individual songs transfer just fine, but it doesn't group them as playlists....what am I doing wrong?

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #3,261 of 3,849
  I'm sorry if this was a topic covered already, but I just got my ZX100 last Thursday, and I love it...but....and this is a big ole butt.....i cannot get playlits on it. The actual individual songs transfer just fine, but it doesn't group them as playlists....what am I doing wrong?

what format is the playlist? -m3u8 .pla? 2. have you looked into playlist view in MUSIC

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #3,263 of 3,849
I'm using flac files........I selected playlist when I originally tried. I'm transferring a ton more music to it right now but I'll try your way when it's done.

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #3,264 of 3,849
Pretty sure that's what I did.

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #3,265 of 3,849
i am using playlists ight now as meu8 i used sony mediaGo software to create my playlists and trasnfer to my device. I also have an issue probablu  BUG of mediaGo that playlists don transfer to the device if the songs are already there. i have to transfer it manually which is a pain in the butt, so i will be getting rid of my playlists as new alkmans have Composer search now

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #3,266 of 3,849
I'm using JRiver to manage my music and transfer to devices.

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #3,267 of 3,849
I worked for Sony for 12 years, a chunk of that as the head trainer-content creator for personal audio, and I might be biased...I am...but in my time there PA got no love at all, it all went to keeping digital imaging in the plus and trying to salvage the 8 year albatross that is their television division. 

(Sorry....this was in response to a previous thread in this NW-ZX100 forum).

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #3,268 of 3,849
I am planning to upgrade to the NW-WM1A looks great and the composer view is essential for me (Classical music FLACs)

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #3,269 of 3,849
That is a sexy unit....Iike the larger capacity of the 256....but I'm not a fan of that gold color...

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #3,270 of 3,849
  That is a sexy unit....Iike the larger capacity of the 256....but I'm not a fan of that gold color...

Yes i also dont like the gold color, IMHO too flashy and well too expensive, thats why i am settling with the 1A 128GB and i can put a 256GB microSD from sansumg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back