SONY NW-ZX100
Mar 6, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #2,596 of 3,849
  Just got my ZX100 yesterday and it does not recognize any ID3 tags on my MP3 files but it does on my ALAC files. I use the same tag editor for both formats. Has anyone else had this issue?

Well to begin with FLAC and ALAC tags are a standard... MP3 ID3 Tags have many versions to add the problem,as i no longer us mp3 files i am not sure which ID3 version is the good to go, some one commented on this thread or the A10 series thread the same problem and got it fixed, use search this thread funtion

Mar 6, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #2,597 of 3,849
  Well to begin with FLAC and ALAC tags are a standard... MP3 ID3 Tags have many versions to add the problem,as i no longer us mp3 files i am not sure which ID3 version is the good to go, some one commented on this thread or the A10 series thread the same problem and got it fixed, use search this thread funtion

It's weird as everything shows up correctly on my iPod, iTunes and on my ZX2 when I had it.

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #2,598 of 3,849
Does anyone streams music to a car hifi systems with your zx100? I got this strange thing... As soon as I connect my z5 compact it plays fine and I can adjust the volume ether with phone volume rocker or car player, bit when i connect my zx100 i can't volume up on the player, only with car. The problem is that when I want to play my music louder it distorts music quality if i play through zx100. Although z5c has no problem. It seems like zx100 plays at fixed volume level.

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #2,599 of 3,849
Does anyone streams music to a car hifi systems with your zx100? I got this strange thing... As soon as I connect my z5 compact it plays fine and I can adjust the volume ether with phone volume rocker or car player, bit when i connect my zx100 i can't volume up on the player, only with car. The problem is that when I want to play my music louder it distorts music quality if i play through zx100. Although z5c has no problem. It seems like zx100 plays at fixed volume level.

try checking your BT connection mode, found in te SETTINGS MENU >Bluetooth settings > Wireless playback quality

if i am sure it shall be aptX fro these kind of control you want to do

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #2,600 of 3,849

My Sony A17 does the same with a Nokia BT receiver and my car, but not with a Sony SBH20 (BT headset). I think it has something to do with the bluetooth implementation on each receiving device (not the A17) since bluetooth has different profiles and not all devices implement them all. For example, playback controls are a different profile from audio streaming.

Or maybe it's just Sony being picky about the receiver...

Mar 7, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #2,601 of 3,849

Some time back, I actually wrote a comment that I cannot control the volume of my B&O A2 Bluetooth speaker with my ZX100 whereas I can even control the volume through my 1st Gen iPad!!!

I am convinced that it has to do with the OS platform. These Bluetooth speakers and receivers can be controlled through iOS and Android devices. No such luck on ZX100 as it does not run on Android.

Mar 8, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #2,603 of 3,849
Hi everyone,

I own the Sony ZX100 since a week - after a round with FiiO X5 Gen II which was unable to do a proper library scan of my 38'000 mp3 files!

The device works fine : good sound, long battery life, fast library scan, good Bluetooth connection to my audio car system...

There's one thing annoying: when I transfer playlists files (M3U) onto the ZX100 and try to select them, the device just shows empty lists.

I did searches on the forum but didn't find any clue about it (sorry if I missed something).

Is there a way to play MU files or not?

Thanks!

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #2,605 of 3,849
Mar 9, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #2,606 of 3,849
Looking for an upgrade of my current A17 I was trying several DAPs today.

I had the Questyle QPR1, the Opus #1, the iBasso DX80, the Cayin N5 and the ZX100.

And to my own surprise I must say in terms of sound signature in combination with the factors usability, battery life, feel and value for money the ZX100 is the winner for me. Opus #1 ends on second place with slightly better sound (for my taste) but falls back due to cheap feel and mediocre battery life.

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #2,608 of 3,849
Looking for an upgrade of my current A17 I was trying several DAPs today.

I had the Questyle QPR1, the Opus #1, the iBasso DX80, the Cayin N5 and the ZX100.

And to my own surprise I must say in terms of sound signature in combination with the factors usability, battery life, feel and value for money the ZX100 is the winner for me. Opus #1 ends on second place with slightly better sound (for my taste) but falls back due to cheap feel and mediocre battery life.
Are you saying that zx100 has the best sq compared to others?

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #2,609 of 3,849
Are you saying that zx100 has the best sq compared to others?

I am saying that the ZX100 has the third best soundsignature for my taste. There is no bad or good SQ nowadays.
My favourite in sound was the QP1R, followed by Opus #1, but only slightly. Sony goes as winner for me in the end considering the whole package.

For the QP1R's price it is a bit ridiculous what you get in terms of usability.

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #2,610 of 3,849
I am saying that the ZX100 has the third best soundsignature for my taste. There is no bad or good SQ nowadays.
My favourite in sound was the QP1R, followed by Opus #1, but only slightly. Sony goes as winner for me in the end considering the whole package.

For the QP1R's price it is a bit ridiculous what you get in terms of usability.
Really appreciate your impression. I'm also in the same boat with you, looking for an upgrade after selling my a17.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back