SONY NW-ZX100
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #3,781 of 3,849
my ZX100.JPG

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #3,783 of 3,849
I think I know what you mean. I might get one of the WM1 series one day. For now and for a long time the ZX100 is absolutely lovely as it is. :)
And yes, I had a slight notion that the 100 might be the last, more rough type of high res player from Sony? Seems like the newer ones are rather
laid back. Nothing wrong with that of course.
Enjoy your ZX100. It's a great DAP. Plug in and forget about gears....

Feb 18, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #3,785 of 3,849
Anyone know the read speed of a micro sd card in this Walkman? Also is FW 1.11 the latest on this model? Sorry if this is posted, can't find the answers...my brain isn't working this morning.

Feb 18, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #3,786 of 3,849
Anyone know the read speed of a micro sd card in this Walkman? Also is FW 1.11 the latest on this model? Sorry if this is posted, can't find the answers...my brain isn't working this morning.
If your brain wasn't working wouldn't you have died as it controls all of your basic bodily functions?

Mar 25, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #3,788 of 3,849
I haven't used my Zx100 for a while but I am a bit dissappointed because recently bought a LG V30, which has a fantastic quad DAC, and I'm not missing the Sony at all, even the LG can give an extra power to headphones and the HiFi system in my car.
Didn't try a face to face comparison yet, but in quality terms I could say they are matched

Has anybody compared them both??

Mar 26, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #3,793 of 3,849
I haven't used my Zx100 for a while but I am a bit dissappointed because recently bought a LG V30, which has a fantastic quad DAC, and I'm not missing the Sony at all, even the LG can give an extra power to headphones and the HiFi system in my car.
Didn't try a face to face comparison yet, but in quality terms I could say they are matched

Has anybody compared them both??
The LG V30 is a unique smartphone. Quite a few have moved on to the V30 as their daily mobile and dap needs. The V30 is a very capable device as a dap. With very good sound.

What I did was find a more compatible earphones/iem to go with the ZX100 in order to stay in the game. One of the best and cheapest combo is ZX100/1More Triple Driver or on a shoe string ZX100/Xiaomi Pro HD iem. With this combi, the ZX100 may sounds as good as it's more expensive brethren.

Other buds/iem may work too.

I use the ZX100 still when I need long battery life, robustness and time out from the hustle and bustle of daily working hours. The V30, being a smartphone may annoy with all the notifications, alerts and what nots. Not to mention a shorter battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back