SONY NW-ZX100
Nov 27, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #3,751 of 3,849
just wondering, for those with original leather case CKL-NWZX100 *( or other sony official leather cases for zx1, zx2 or wm1) , after constant usage, the leather is slight wearing out on the corner, some parts appear to be hardening and becoming dirty after 1 and half years of usage, the humid and hot conditions in hong kong summers don't help either, after cleaning my 2013 vw golf 7 with ikea asborb leather care kit a few days ( it's good and requires a bit of elbow grease), the car leathers seats is clean and supply, do you think i can use this kea asborb leather care kit on my sony leather case leather case CKL-NWZX100 (presumably leather case for zx1 and zx2 and wm1 are the same and can be cleaned and reconditions in the same way)

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #3,752 of 3,849
I’d recommend a cleaner/conditioner combo type for the Sony leather. Not sure if ikea absorb is two or one part now but the liquid cleanser may be too wet. If you do, good idea to allow the cleaner to dry somewhat before you apply the conditioner. Wet leather is easily damaged.

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #3,753 of 3,849
I’d recommend a cleaner/conditioner combo type for the Sony leather. Not sure if ikea absorb is two or one part now but the liquid cleanser may be too wet. If you do, good idea to allow the cleaner to dry somewhat before you apply the conditioner. Wet leather is easily damaged.
it's two part wet type cleaner with sponge, but you dry the cleaner off with dry towel or dry cloth, then use the conditioner, leave for 90 minutes to dry, then use a dry and clean cloth to buff off and shine the leather and avoid any patchy areas,

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #3,755 of 3,849
I used the two part wet type cleaner with sponge, use the conditioner, leave for 90 minutes to dry, then use a dry and clean cloth to buff off and shine the leather and avoid any patchy areas on my CKLNWZX100 leather case, it's definitely cleaner and slightly more supple, looks newer, but it won't get rid of any worn out leather patches (mine is on the corner), definitely better and worth doing

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #3,757 of 3,849
Any ZX100 owners considering the ZX300? I like the ZX100 for being a no frills UI dap with buttons, but that pesky urge to seek any improvement in sound has me wanting to try balanced - a bit more power and a new UI could be a nice as well. I'm don't like the idea of the jacks at the top, just doesn't feel right.

Dec 9, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #3,758 of 3,849
Any ZX100 owners considering the ZX300? I like the ZX100 for being a no frills UI dap with buttons, but that pesky urge to seek any improvement in sound has me wanting to try balanced - a bit more power and a new UI could be a nice as well. I'm don't like the idea of the jacks at the top, just doesn't feel right.
I had the ZX300 and compared it a while back to me there was no discerning difference in sound quality through the single output ......the balanced output is probably better but i returned the ZX300 and will continue to use the ZX100 the 128gb and longer battery life is a major thing for me ..

Dec 10, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #3,759 of 3,849
I have both. The se output on the zx100 is more powerful but more refined on the zx300. Zx300 has a better ui. The drive on the zx300 is much faster when loading songs. I would say 3x faster if not more. The ONLY reason to get the zx300 at the end would be its balanced output. The sound is a big jump from se. Almost better in every way. Paired with the new XBA N3BP drivers, it’s a tough dap to beat. Oh the unit is significant lighter. Some may prefer the reassuring heft of the zx100.

Jan 4, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #3,763 of 3,849
I have both. The se output on the zx100 is more powerful but more refined on the zx300. Zx300 has a better ui. The drive on the zx300 is much faster when loading songs. I would say 3x faster if not more. The ONLY reason to get the zx300 at the end would be its balanced output. The sound is a big jump from se. Almost better in every way. Paired with the new XBA N3BP drivers, it’s a tough dap to beat. Oh the unit is significant lighter. Some may prefer the reassuring heft of the zx100.

The ZX100 SE can't be more "powerful" when it's"only" 35mW as opposed to 50mW on the ZX300's own SE, not to mention the ZX100 doesn't have a high gain function. You are using an uncapped version, right?

From my personal experience, the SE is slightly better on the ZX300 than on my ZX2, while the balanced output totally destroys it, the sound signature is identical to the WM1A which is simply leagues ahead from the ZX100.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #3,764 of 3,849
You couldn't tell what the sound distinguishes these two models?

My ZX100 is on the way, although I listened to it in the past. The ZX300 is certainly more refined, though it lacked a bit in bass.
I would say that the ZX100 is several steps up from the A series - I still have a 829 for example. Of course it has high res grade sound,
vocals are far more superior than in any previous series, the sound is more subtle. It has more power than any A series Sony player.
The ZX300 continued this subtleness to a point where it may almost reach the resolution of WM1 series. I think you can only benefit
from it if you use the balanced output, because that's where the ZX300 really worth it. Please ask more if you are interested, I will have
my ZX100 on Tuesday. :)

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #3,765 of 3,849
The ZX100 SE can't be more "powerful" when it's"only" 35mW as opposed to 50mW on the ZX300's own SE, not to mention the ZX100 doesn't have a high gain function. You are using an uncapped version, right?

From my personal experience, the SE is slightly better on the ZX300 than on my ZX2, while the balanced output totally destroys it, the sound signature is identical to the WM1A which is simply leagues ahead from the ZX100.

I think it is not entirely true, as power, loudness, levels of volume are not just output power-dependent. The SE on the ZX300 is of course more refined than of the ZX100, although balanced is another realm. I heard too that the ZX300's balanced
is on par with the WM-1A, so the ZX300 is definitely worth it if you plan to use/jump to balanced earphones. But balanced cannot and shouldn't be compared to the ZX100 in any way. That's a completely other story. I wish btw that Sony will come
up with slightly smaller players with physical buttons, continuing the ZX100's controls. But it is of course a subjective matter. I prefer the menu system of the 829/17 and the ZX100 is identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back