ZX2 sounds better than ZX100
ZX2 looks better than ZX100
ZX2 has more options than ZX100
ZX2 is more expensive than ZX100
ZX2 is built better than ZX100

Need I say more?

Bleh stop trolling ZX100 with the zx2 LOL
angry_face.gif

ZX100 is great clairty I love it as the Classical music standpoint, Yesterday Harpsichord concertos of Bach were superb and so 3D the concertos for 3 Harpsichord Oooo, noce, the 3rd harpsichord so distant but clear!, or right now JC bach keyboard concertos, the Fortepiano so clear and harmonizing with the orchestra, very nice sound and stage, you can hear the fortepiano and the orchestra clearly..

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #1,159 of 3,849
  Bleh stop trolling ZX100 with the zx2 LOL
angry_face.gif

ZX100 is great clairty I love it as the Classical music standpoint, Yesterday Harpsichord concertos of Bach were superb and so 3D the concertos for 3 Harpsichord Oooo, noce, the 3rd harpsichord so distant but clear!, or right now JC bach keyboard concertos, the Fortepiano so clear and harmonizing with the orchestra, very nice sound and stage, you can hear the fortepiano and the orchestra clearly..

I​ could have sworn I read a post of yours in the ZX2 thread where you were complaining about the highs on the ZX100 being too harsh and powerful? Did I read wrong?

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #1,160 of 3,849
I​ could have sworn I read a post of yours in the ZX2 thread where you were complaining about the highs on the ZX100 being too harsh and powerful? Did I read wrong?

They seem to have gone you know burn in
biggrin.gif
 in the early hours. they were the effect of component settling because now they are perfect highs, I've read zx1 outputs harsh highs, well this zx100 does not, maybe after 20-30-ish burn in hours they get a bit hot but they go away after a while

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #1,161 of 3,849
  negative is that zx2 is not as loud!

darthsmile.gif
 I find the volume of my ZX100 to be way LOUDER than the one of my A17, i never went as low as 6 on my A10 which i do on the zx100, adn never go higher than 10 or 11 (even vol. 9 i feel to be pretty darn loud on my XBA-A3)(depends on IEM or can and mixing of the song)

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #1,162 of 3,849
i work here in Vietnam, the local price of the ZX100 is less than $450 at current exchange rate :)
http://www.sony.com.vn/electronics/walkman/nw-zx100-series
im glad i didn't bought the A17 and manage to wait for this thing

Oct 23, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #1,163 of 3,849
Embracing for Patricia
basshead.gif
: Huge monster hurricane to hit mexico--- hope electricity doesn't go LOL at leats my ZX has enough charge for two days more
tongue.gif

Oct 23, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #1,164 of 3,849

ZX2 sounds better than ZX100
ZX2 looks better than ZX100
ZX2 has more options than ZX100
ZX2 is more expensive than ZX100
ZX2 is built better than ZX100

Need I say more?

Sound and looks better?  I guess this is subjective.
More option definitely, as ZX2 is using android.

ZX100 have longer batter life than ZX2.
ZX100 is smaller than ZX2.
ZX100 is lighter than ZX2.

All these can goes on and on. 

All that matters is that we are enjoying our music isn't it?

Cheers,

Oct 23, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #1,165 of 3,849
Sound and looks better?  I guess this is subjective.
More option definitely, as ZX2 is using android.

ZX100 have longer batter life than ZX2.
ZX100 is smaller than ZX2.
ZX100 is lighter than ZX2.

All these can goes on and on. 

All that matters is that we are enjoying our music isn't it?

Cheers,

Agree I am enjoying my music right now, sooo sublime, The biggest soundstage from opening the box to almost 100h burn in right now (like 77h approx) and so surrounding. JC bach keyboard concertos WOW, the orchestra nd the harpsichord so 3D sounding the harpsichord on both ears (center) O___O right now Clerambault Motets... equally impresive as I was in the recording with the musicians, the tenror on my right, the gambe at left center and the lute at the very center.

Some one said the ZX2 has "dancing music" what i got from my iPod.. so basically an instruments goes from left to right and visceversa.. is a bit annoying, prefer my ZX100 to have "static" instruments haha

Oct 24, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #1,166 of 3,849
Just tried the ZX1, ZX2 and ZX100 in stores. I actually preferred the ZX1 the most out of all of them. The ZX1 is fully burned in though, however, while the ZX2 and ZX100 is practically new. All of them are good though. The ZX2 has good bass but i feel the soundstage isn't as big and wide in the soundstage as the other two and sounds thicker. The ZX100 seems more like my A16 with some qualities from the ZX2 (But more like A10 in general). While the ZX1 sounds like F880 which i also have. 
  Agree I am enjoying my music right now, sooo sublime, The biggest soundstage from opening the box to almost 100h burn in right now (like 77h approx) and so surrounding. JC bach keyboard concertos WOW, the orchestra nd the harpsichord so 3D sounding the harpsichord on both ears (center) O___O right now Clerambault Motets... equally impresive as I was in the recording with the musicians, the tenror on my right, the gambe at left center and the lute at the very center.

Some one said the ZX2 has "dancing music" what i got from my iPod.. so basically an instruments goes from left to right and visceversa.. is a bit annoying, prefer my ZX100 to have "static" instruments haha

Just wondering does the ZX100 sound a lot better after burn in? When I tried it it seems to be better than the A10 in treble cause it isn't as sharp/bright sounding but it also loses out in soundstage a bit compared to A10 because of the lesser treble, but the separation is better in the ZX100. Does the soundstage open up a lot more? Because I remember my A16 opening up a lot more after burn in and the clarity improved dramatically with better bass.

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #1,167 of 3,849
  Embracing for Patricia
basshead.gif
: Huge monster hurricane to hit mexico--- hope electricity doesn't go LOL at leats my ZX has enough charge for two days more
tongue.gif

Perhaps, you should take cover & hide under your HARPSICHORD !!! ? ( Not being funny...but I'm so sick of seeing that word ! ORGAN, comes a close second ! ) Don't you like any other genre of music @gerelmx1986
Seriously, KEEP SAFE !! ( I have friends going on holiday to Mexico - mid November. )

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #1,168 of 3,849
  Just tried the ZX1, ZX2 and ZX100 in stores. I actually preferred the ZX1 the most out of all of them. The ZX1 is fully burned in though, however, while the ZX2 and ZX100 is practically new. All of them are good though. The ZX2 has good bass but i feel the soundstage isn't as big and wide in the soundstage as the other two and sounds thicker. The ZX100 seems more like my A16 with some qualities from the ZX2 (But more like A10 in general). While the ZX1 sounds like F880 which i also have. 

I have a F886 & love the sound signature of it, but want a Sony with added storage, so that rules out the ZX1. I'm now even more undecided between the ZX2 & ZX100 ??? ( Unfortunately, I cannot demo any unit. )
You would expect the ZX2 to have the bigger soundstage, given it's the flagship model & the most expensive ?

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #1,169 of 3,849
Perhaps, you should take cover & hide under your HARPSICHORD !!! ? ( Not being funny...but I'm so sick of seeing that word ! ORGAN, comes a close second ! ) Don't you like any other genre of music @gerelmx1986

Seriously, KEEP SAFE !! ( I have friends going on holiday to Mexico - mid November. )
No he only likes organ flutes and violins.

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #1,170 of 3,849

I have a F886 & love the sound signature of it, but want a Sony with added storage, so that rules out the ZX1. I'm now even more undecided between the ZX2 & ZX100 ??? ( Unfortunately, I cannot demo any unit. )
You would expect the ZX2 to have the bigger soundstage, given it's the flagship model & the most expensive ?

I do feel the same my ZX100 retains some qualities of my A17 but refined sound quality, no distortion at all on high frequencies, yes, sound stage is big now love it, I find the bass on the ZX100 is lighter than the bass on the A10... to vary a bit nad annoy @Rob49 LOL i am listening to a fortepiano concerto... very nice string orchestra wide sound stage and nice separation of violins (strings) and winds Horns, trumpets and trombones... the soloist of the (forte)piano is very good... bass rumbles on my ears with the bass registers of the fortepiano and so do the middle and high notes very sparkly esp the mechanism of the hammers strking the strings of the piano.

I find the zx100 has better resolution than my A10, I eill never go back to sub $500 range, more than $700 needs justification but unfortunately  i cannot test demo units either
To me ZX2 sounds like a fiio x3 first gen signature so no thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back